Now that the Tropical Storm Watch for our area has expired, most local schools will be open tomorrow. According to the Orlando Sentinel, Polk County public schools will be closed on Monday as well as […]
Tropical Storm Isaac is continuing it’s trek towards the Louisiana coastline with a landfall expected by tomorrow evening near New Orleans as a Category 1 or 2 hurricane. As of the 11am advisory, the maximum […]
Tropical Storm Isaac is strengthening in the Atlantic Ocean as it nears the Lesser Antilles in the Caribbean Sea. The maximum sustained winds are 45 mph with gusts of 60 mph. The storm is expected […]
As if we haven’t had enough rain and storms over the past month now, Tropical Depression 9 has formed thousands miles away from the Florida coast and is racing towards the United States. The current […]
This week the U.S. Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and Prevention released its latest map showing adult obesity rates in individual states.
President Barack Obama, who is currently in campaigning in Florida, has cancelled an appearance at Rollins College in Winter Park this afternoon.
- Pipe bombs found in manhunt for trooper ambush suspect 3 hours ago
- Shooting reported at Louisville, Ky. high school 2 hours ago
- Marathon bombing suspects' sister faces NYC judge 2 hours ago
- Homicide charges for parents of son found decomposing in home 1 hour ago
- "Rocks kept falling down like rain": Japan volcano survivors recount terror 1 hour ago
- Speed traps: America's 10 most ticketed cars 1 hour ago
- Bring your own: California bans single-use plastic bags 60 Minutes ago
- Oklahoma man charged with murder in workplace beheading 26 Minutes ago