Now that the Tropical Storm Watch for our area has expired, most local schools will be open tomorrow. According to the Orlando Sentinel, Polk County public schools will be closed on Monday as well as […]
Tropical Storm Isaac is continuing it’s trek towards the Louisiana coastline with a landfall expected by tomorrow evening near New Orleans as a Category 1 or 2 hurricane. As of the 11am advisory, the maximum […]
Tropical Storm Isaac is strengthening in the Atlantic Ocean as it nears the Lesser Antilles in the Caribbean Sea. The maximum sustained winds are 45 mph with gusts of 60 mph. The storm is expected […]
As if we haven’t had enough rain and storms over the past month now, Tropical Depression 9 has formed thousands miles away from the Florida coast and is racing towards the United States. The current […]
This week the U.S. Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and Prevention released its latest map showing adult obesity rates in individual states.
President Barack Obama, who is currently in campaigning in Florida, has cancelled an appearance at Rollins College in Winter Park this afternoon.
- U.S. says Russia violated 1987 nuclear missile treaty 1 hour ago
- Delta 4 takes off on military mission 32 Minutes ago
- Freak lightning strike kills one on California beach 1 hour ago
- In Gaza, parents mourn children killed by explosion 3 hours ago
- Judge rules against Donald Sterling; Clippers sale can go forward 3 hours ago
- Obama considers large-scale move on immigration 3 hours ago
- Couple finds tribute flag at flea market, returns it to fallen Marine's mom 4 hours ago
- Teens helped each other escape South Korea ship disaster 5 hours ago