Now that the Tropical Storm Watch for our area has expired, most local schools will be open tomorrow. According to the Orlando Sentinel, Polk County public schools will be closed on Monday as well as […]
Tropical Storm Isaac is continuing it’s trek towards the Louisiana coastline with a landfall expected by tomorrow evening near New Orleans as a Category 1 or 2 hurricane. As of the 11am advisory, the maximum […]
Tropical Storm Isaac is strengthening in the Atlantic Ocean as it nears the Lesser Antilles in the Caribbean Sea. The maximum sustained winds are 45 mph with gusts of 60 mph. The storm is expected […]
As if we haven’t had enough rain and storms over the past month now, Tropical Depression 9 has formed thousands miles away from the Florida coast and is racing towards the United States. The current […]
This week the U.S. Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and Prevention released its latest map showing adult obesity rates in individual states.
President Barack Obama, who is currently in campaigning in Florida, has cancelled an appearance at Rollins College in Winter Park this afternoon.
- Elizabeth Warren: White House wanted me to be a "cheerleader" 3 hours ago
- Fire truck crashes into Chinese restaurant outside L.A. 2 hours ago
- Don't tase students at school, activists say 2 hours ago
- Obama: "Consequences" for Russia over Ukraine 44 Minutes ago
- Nearly 300, mostly teens, missing after South Korean ferry sinks 3 Minutes ago
- Death toll from Washington mudslide rises again 27 Minutes ago
- Lost sea lion pup found more than 100 miles inland 46 Minutes ago
- Kim Jong Un's "bad hair day" sparks a diplomatic to-do 2 hours ago