Now that the Tropical Storm Watch for our area has expired, most local schools will be open tomorrow. According to the Orlando Sentinel, Polk County public schools will be closed on Monday as well as […]
Tropical Storm Isaac is continuing it’s trek towards the Louisiana coastline with a landfall expected by tomorrow evening near New Orleans as a Category 1 or 2 hurricane. As of the 11am advisory, the maximum […]
Tropical Storm Isaac is strengthening in the Atlantic Ocean as it nears the Lesser Antilles in the Caribbean Sea. The maximum sustained winds are 45 mph with gusts of 60 mph. The storm is expected […]
As if we haven’t had enough rain and storms over the past month now, Tropical Depression 9 has formed thousands miles away from the Florida coast and is racing towards the United States. The current […]
This week the U.S. Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and Prevention released its latest map showing adult obesity rates in individual states.
President Barack Obama, who is currently in campaigning in Florida, has cancelled an appearance at Rollins College in Winter Park this afternoon.
- Confusion grows over missing Malaysian plane 2 hours ago
- Attack cat is getting help, not the boot 52 Minutes ago
- Republican David Jolly wins special congressional election in Florida 46 Minutes ago
- Young Chicago poet gives voice to his community 1 hour ago
- Doris Day to mark 90th birthday with auction to benefit animals 2 hours ago
- Shoe-bomb plotter testifies he flew with bomb but saved it to use on US airplane 2 hours ago
- Another fatal crash may be linked to GM ignition-switch defect 3 hours ago
- FDA approves electrical headband to prevent migraines 4 hours ago