By Danie B
Are you a person who has trouble sleeping?
I typically am not, but last night it took me forever to fall asleep.
Because of this, I started googling, and I found some interesting ways to help with the insomnia.
- Listen to music – According to studies, classical or slow music can help lull you to sleep.
- Scent you bedroom in lavender- In addition to smelling amazing, lavender can relax you nerves, lower your blood pressure and put you in a relaxed state.
- Hide your clock – Have you ever been trying to fall asleep, but you find yourself staring at the minutes go by? Doing this increase your stress level making it harder for you to fall asleep believe it or not.
- Do a 10 minute activity – If you wake up at night, and find yourself unable to go back to sleep, get out of bed a do an activity that requires you using your hands and your head like a jigsaw puzzle, coloring book. Stay away from TV though because TV will keep you awake.
- Try taking a warm shower before bed – Warming your body with a shower or bath then stepping into cooler air slows your metabolism faster and prepares your body for sleep.