Everyone is waking up this morning talking about Michael Phelps vs The Great White Shark. This has been advertised for the kick off of Shark Week. The big question was: How in the world is this going to happen?
As it turns out, It wasn’t an actual race in it’s true form. Let’s face it, did you really think they would be racing as if in a relay next to each other in the ocean. It turns out there was much research done throughout the show to test the great white’s speed.
Then Michael tried to race in the same water conditions, the same distance to see who was faster. The water was 56 degrees and Michael was in a 1mm thick wetsuit (which is about as thin as a pencil point) Michael was given a monofin so he would have the same type of ability as a shark. First he raced a hammer head and a reef shark. He beat the reef shark but not the hammerhead. I have to say that The Discovery Channel did a great job putting this together regardless of how.
Some viewers were very entertained and happy with how the segment turned out, some were upset because they really thought Phelps was going to race a Great White. In the end the Great White was clocked finishing 100 meters in 36 seconds and Phelps completed the race in 38.
Jay Z had a good weekend. He sold another 87k copies of his album 4:44 and that was enough to keep him at number one on the Billboard top 200.
The top albums for this week are:
1. “4:44”, Jay-Z . . . 87,000 copies
2. “DAMN”, Kendrick Lamar . . . 56,000 copies
3. NEW: “Jungle Rules”, French Montana . . . 52,000 copies
4. “Grateful”, DJ Khaled . . . 43,000 copies
5. “Issa Album”, 21 Savage . . . 40,000 copies
6. “Divide”, Ed Sheeran . . . 34,000 copies
7. “Evolve”, Imagine Dragons . . . 33,000 copies
8. The “Moana” soundtrack . . . a little more than 28,000 copies
9. “American Teen”, Khalid . . . 28,000 copies
10. “24K Magic”, Bruno Mars . . . just under 28,000 copies
Speaking of charts…
The World War 2 movie “Dunkirk” topped the weekend box office with $50.5 million.
Here’s this weekend’s Top 3:
1. NEW: “Dunkirk”, $50.5 million.
2. NEW: “Girls Trip”, $30.4 million.
3. “Spider-Man: Homecoming”, $22 million. Up to $251.7 million in its 3rd week.
#Repost @kevinhart4real ・・・ Make sure y'all get up & get out & go see "Girls Trip" this weekend….I saw it & it's honestly hilarious. It's funny as hell from beginning to end. Major Shoutout to my guy @willpowerpacker & the amazing cast & my Universal for family….Y'all killed it with this one!!!! #goseeit #GirlsTrip
Michelle Pfeiffer is joining the Marvel Universe. Recently it was revealed that she will join the cast of ANT MAN AND THE WASP (The Sequel to ANTMAN).
She will play Janet van Dyne, who is Hank Pym’s missing wife. She stars along Paul Rudd, Evangeline Lilly and Michael Douglas. ANTMAN AND THEWASP hits theaters on July 6, 2018.
Lastly, Stranger Things Season 2 trailer is out and it’s soundtracked by Michael Jackson’s “Thriller”!!
Watch it below…