By Danie B
The other day, I made a mistake and it really upset me.
In fact, it made me so mad with myself that I hit a wall and kicked a desk.
Now, that I’m over it, I have an achy hand and foot. Needless to say, I need to come up with another way to deal with anger.
Shockingly, I actually have a couple of methods that have worked for me in the past, so here are 5 ways to constructively deal with anger.
- Exercise – For me, exercising is great way to relive stress and transform my energy.
- Write – Writing your feelings is a good way to get the angry thoughts out of your head. It’s basically a way to vent on paper.
- Timeout – Giving yourself a timeout allows for you to calm down and the rationally think through an issue.
- Talk through it – I like to talk to a close friend about what’s making me angry. That way I can vent, problem solve, and get another person’s perspective on the situation.
- Listen To Music – Listening to music helps me to calm down and it takes me away from what I’m going through.