A new list came out showing “Survival Myths” that you always hear but you don’t really know if it’s true or not…
Here’s the top five:
1. Sucking venom out of a snakebite… It does NOT work and just gets bacteria into the wound. Instead, you can keep the bite below heart level and get to a hospital…. obviously.
2. Play dead if you’re attacked by a bear… If it’s a brown or grizzly bear that IS true but if it’s a black bear, you need to fight back if they attack you.
3. If you’re lost in the woods, find food… You can actually survive weeks without food but you DO need to find water because you’ll be dead in a few days if you don’t.
4. Break a cactus open and drink water… Some types do have water in them but it’s NOT clean. The chemicals can actually make you sick and vomit, which will get you more dehydrated.
5. Punch a shark if you’re attacked… You are better off going for its eyes or grills.