We at AMP celebrate every national food holiday possible, so it should come to no surprise that today we’re joining in on celebrating National Grilled Cheese Day!
In honor of the cheesy holiday, here are 8 unique ways to have your grilled cheese, instead of the typical plain bread and American cheese your momma always made you (it’s okay if you enjoy that, but lets spice things up a bit).
1. Triple cheese – Make a classic grilled cheese with a slice each of cheddar, muenster and Swiss cheese.
2. Grilled cheese fingers – Make a classic grilled cheese, and cut off the crusts and cut the sandwich into strips.
3. Pesto – Spread pesto on the bread, and top with one slice of provolone and mozzarella.
4. Avocado – Toss lime juice and zest on sliced avocado. Add pepper jack cheese and the avocado between the bread.
5. Bacon-waffle-cheddar sandwich – Toast 2 waffles, add 2 slices of bacon and one slice of cheddar and sandwich press the waffles together. Dip into maple syrup.
6. Caprese – Drizzle the bread with olive oil and top each slice with 2 slices of tomato and mozzarella. Sprinkle with chopped basil.
7. Pizza spread – Use Italian bread and put marinara sauce, 1 slice provolone, 2 slices pepperoni, and 1 slice mozzarella.
8. Nutella and banana – Yes, that’s right… Nutella and banana grilled cheese sandwich! Use ricotta and be surprised how tasty it is when all put together!
For more ways to have your grilled cheese, visit: The Food Network.