This story is crazy and sad. Man dies during donut eating contest. I know I know…eating donuts is the last thing you associate with being dangerous. I thought the same when I read the headline.
Travis Malouff was trying to chow down a half pound glazed donut during an eating contest when apparently he began choking. Bystanders tried to help Malouff but it was too late.
He was pronounced dead by “asphyxia, due to obstruction of the airway,” according to the Denver Office of the Medical Examiner.
Voodoo’s Denver the spot that holds this yearly contest says they are cooperating with authorities. Yikes!