Faith Evans stopped by our studio today, and as a huge fan from her ‘Bad Boy’ days, I was excited to ask her all about her new album.
She had special guest Lil Cease with her and it turned into an all-out party!
Here are some things we learned from our time with Faith!
- Faith Evans was born in Lakeland, FL.
- Her new album, The King and I, will feature duets with Notorious B.I.G.
- The inspiration for the album came from Natalie Cole’s Unforgettable album which featured duets with her deceased father, Nat King Cole.
- Being on the Bad Boy Tour gave her lots of inspiration for the album, and put her back into contact with lots of people she wanted to work on the album with her.
- The record was done with the people who acquired the masters from Bad Boy.
- The album is laid out like a story.
- Voletta Wallace, aka Mama Wallace (Biggie’s mother), is on the album.
- What does Faith Evans do “As Soon As I (she) Get(s) Home?” She gets back to reality with regular mom stuff and the business stuff as well.
- She’s a very structured mom…going to bed at 8PM and getting up at 4AM.
- Dream collaborations for Faith Evans include Anita Baker (one of her earliest influences) and Stevie Wonder. Typically if someone reaches out to work with her, 9 times out of 10, she would do it.
- The King and I will be released on May 19, 2017 and is available for preorder.
- She already has three or four albums planned for the future.
- She’s working on a biopic based on her memoirs.
- In reference to the 20 year anniversary of the death of Biggie Smalls: “A lot of people have been asking how it feels twenty years later,” she said, “but it doesn’t feel any different twenty years later than it did all of the preceding years. The fact that Big is not here is still a huge loss to a lot of us.”
- The last album she purchased was Earth, Wind & Fire’s Greatest Hits.
- It’s a toss-up for Faith’s favorite cartoon growing up…either The Flintstones or The Jetsons.
- When it comes to social media, Faith prefers Instagram over Snapchat.
- As far as craving food, sushi is what she craves.
- As long as her pizza has cheese on it, she’s all good.
- She’s a definite fan of Latino singers, but Marc Anthony is one of her all-time favorite male singers.
- Some people might be surprised to find out that she listens to Nirvana, Foo Fighters, and Steely Dan.