A recent study shows the top five things that make people seem rude.
- Make sure to express your gratitude and appreciation for kindness and say thank you.
- Sometimes we don’t notice when we’re being rude but the other person does. So try not to interrupt people.
- Some people are not comfortable when you put them on the spot and feel rude if they don’t answer. Be aware of asking questions that are too personal.
- Table manners and treating your wait staff is a BIG one too! If you’re going to a restaurant with a big group of people, try not to get the most expensive thing on the menu. Listen when people are talking and don’t chew with your mouth open.
- Being on your phone when someone is talking to you seems like you don’t really care about what the other person is saying.
Chad, Jill, Lil’ Boss and Intern Rico spoke about this topic this morning.