There’s a big difference between the cereal we like and the cereal we actually buy and eat. Real estate blog Movoto figured out the most popular cereal in each state based on Facebook likes and compared that with the best-selling cereals in the U.S. Here’s the Top 10 cereals and the most popular cereal in each state.
Honey Nut Cheerios was the best-selling cereal in 2013, but it’s not the most liked cereal in a single state.
That honor goes to Cinnamon Toast Crunch, which is the most-liked cereal in over half of the country, with 27 states. But it’s only the 5th-best selling cereal overall.
The top 10 best selling cereals in the U.S. are:
Honey Nut Cheerios
Honey Bunches of Oats
Cinnamon Toast Crunch
Frosted Mini Wheats
After Cinnamon Toast Crunch, the next-most liked cereal is Special K. It’s the most popular cereal in 21 states, including Florida. So, either Cinnamon Toast Crunch or Special K is #1 in 48 out of 50 states.
Froot Loops is the most liked cereal in Kentucky and Frosted Mini Wheats is the most liked cereal in West Virginia.
You can see the full story from Movoto here.
The Latest from AMP
- 5 Singers Who Could Replace Fergie in Black Eyed Peas
- The Million Dollar Super Bowl Package
- Lady Gaga’s Super Bowl Halftime Show will Feature this 2009 Hit
- Charlie Sheen Apologizes to Rihanna
- Tupac Biopic ‘All Eyez On Me’ to Drop on His Birthday
- Fiona Apple Releases Anti-Trump Chant ‘Tiny Hands’
- Daily Dish For 1.18.17
- Justin Bieber, Chance the Rapper, Rick Ross Join Skrillex in New Video
- Danie B May Have Some Serious Celebrity Look-A-Likes