If there is ever a place to destroy music from 2 of the most controversial artists of a generation, it would be at a minor league baseball game.
The Charleston Riverdogs are a junior team of the New York Yankees recreated their infamous “Disco Demolition Night” this past Saturday where they blew up a bunch of music from Miley Cyrus and Justin Bieber.
Back in 1979 they did something similar where fans brought old disco records and destroyed them on the field in between games.
That event was a bit hectic when the explosion torched the field and fans went nuts.
This time, there was another double header and rather than blow up the music in between the 2 games, the team decided to do it AFTER the games were over.
The cds were placed in a giant boombox and blown to smithereens.
I guess you could say that the game was a “Banger.” (Miley Cyrus reference)
What’s Trending On AMP?
- Win A Pair Of Tickets To See Katt Williams
- Play What’s In Jill’s Purse To Win Tickets To The Downtown Food And Wine Fest
- Beat My Tweet To Win Tickets To See Jack & Jack With Daya
- R5 On Stage At Dr. Phillips Center
- [PHOTOS] R5 Soundcheck Meet And Greet
- R5 Sound Check & Meet ‘n Greet
- LL Cool J Talks GRAMMYs, Kendrick Lamar and Rock Hall
- Dr. Dre to Star in Apple’s First Scripted Series ‘Vital Signs’
- Ticket Tag Thursday Starring The Chainsmokers
- Adele Shares ‘Vogue’ Cover