When asked about what kind of music he’s into these days, he said Kanye West and Taylor Swift. (Ironic mentioning those two in the same sentence due to that whole VMA debacle.)
“Taylor Swift is cool, because she’s the closest thing today that hearkens to Michael Jackson…to great, great pop music,” he Antonoff said. “There’s a difference between her and Gaga and Katy Perry and Lily Allen and all that. It all feels throwaway, comparatively.”
Just a year prior he gushed about Taylor saying that she made him a better musician and that she’s the most incredible singer, and writer and performer.
Jack and Taylor wrote together for the 2013 film One Chance. They penned the song “Sweeter Than Fiction” which quickly shot to #1 on iTunes over night.
That’s a pretty big compliment to give someone considering MJ is a pop music icon.
What do you think? Is Taylor Swift a modern day Michael Jackson?
What’s Trending On AMP?
- Join 101.9 AMP Radio For The 2017 Orlando Fringe Festival
- Ed Sheeran Spends Time with Terminally Ill 6-Year-Old Fan
- Drake World’s Most Popular Artist, Has Award to Prove It
- Kendrick Lamar at L.A.’s Staples Center to Hear ‘Humble’ During NBA Playoffs
- Kelly Clarkson Turns 35 with Harry Potter-Themed Birthday Celebration
- Today Is Administrative Professionals Day!
- Pharrell Williams is First Male Chanel Purse Model
- Anderson .Paak, Bruno Mars and Nile Rodgers Hit Abbey Road Studios
- Watch Adam Levine Honor Christina Grimmie with ‘Hey Jude’ Performance
- Prince’s Former Toronto Home Up for Sale