When asked about what kind of music he’s into these days, he said Kanye West and Taylor Swift. (Ironic mentioning those two in the same sentence due to that whole VMA debacle.)
“Taylor Swift is cool, because she’s the closest thing today that hearkens to Michael Jackson…to great, great pop music,” he Antonoff said. “There’s a difference between her and Gaga and Katy Perry and Lily Allen and all that. It all feels throwaway, comparatively.”
Just a year prior he gushed about Taylor saying that she made him a better musician and that she’s the most incredible singer, and writer and performer.
Jack and Taylor wrote together for the 2013 film One Chance. They penned the song “Sweeter Than Fiction” which quickly shot to #1 on iTunes over night.
That’s a pretty big compliment to give someone considering MJ is a pop music icon.
What do you think? Is Taylor Swift a modern day Michael Jackson?
What’s Trending On AMP?
- Suge Knight Sues Chris Brown Over VMA Party Shooting
- Chris Martin Calls Rihanna the Frank Sinatra of our Generation
- Joey Fatone Launching Hot Dog Cart
- UCF Orlando Strong 5K To Benefit Pulse Employees
- Ray J’s Manager Slams Kanye West’s ‘Famous’ Video
- Lady Gaga Talks Kindness with the Dalai Lama
- DJ Khaled Drops Jay Z Assisted Track ‘I Got The Keys’
- Desiigner Drops ‘New English’ Mixtape
- 50 Cent Arrested for Profanity
- Meet 2016 World’s Ugliest Dog