When asked about what kind of music he’s into these days, he said Kanye West and Taylor Swift. (Ironic mentioning those two in the same sentence due to that whole VMA debacle.)
“Taylor Swift is cool, because she’s the closest thing today that hearkens to Michael Jackson…to great, great pop music,” he Antonoff said. “There’s a difference between her and Gaga and Katy Perry and Lily Allen and all that. It all feels throwaway, comparatively.”
Just a year prior he gushed about Taylor saying that she made him a better musician and that she’s the most incredible singer, and writer and performer.
Jack and Taylor wrote together for the 2013 film One Chance. They penned the song “Sweeter Than Fiction” which quickly shot to #1 on iTunes over night.
That’s a pretty big compliment to give someone considering MJ is a pop music icon.
What do you think? Is Taylor Swift a modern day Michael Jackson?
What’s Trending On AMP?
- 5 Best Songs on Future’s New Album ‘HNDRXX’
- Downtown Food And Wine Fest Survival Kit
- Kendrick Lamar Loves Nicki Minaj’s ‘Make Love” Verse
- Ariana Grande’s Charm is ‘Dangerous’ in New York City
- Deadmau5 Gives Free Download of Unreleased Tracks
- Jason Derulo Drops ‘Swalla’ Featuring Nicki Minaj & Ty Dolla $ign
- Justin Bieber Did Not Pee His Pants. Here’s What Happened.
- John Mayer Unpacks ‘The Search for Everything’ Wave 2
- Ice Cube: ‘The First Two Scripts I Wrote Were Wack; The Third One Was ‘Friday’”
- Paula Patton Accuses Robin Thicke of ‘Tampering’ with Court Order