When asked about what kind of music he’s into these days, he said Kanye West and Taylor Swift. (Ironic mentioning those two in the same sentence due to that whole VMA debacle.)
“Taylor Swift is cool, because she’s the closest thing today that hearkens to Michael Jackson…to great, great pop music,” he Antonoff said. “There’s a difference between her and Gaga and Katy Perry and Lily Allen and all that. It all feels throwaway, comparatively.”
Just a year prior he gushed about Taylor saying that she made him a better musician and that she’s the most incredible singer, and writer and performer.
Jack and Taylor wrote together for the 2013 film One Chance. They penned the song “Sweeter Than Fiction” which quickly shot to #1 on iTunes over night.
That’s a pretty big compliment to give someone considering MJ is a pop music icon.
What do you think? Is Taylor Swift a modern day Michael Jackson?
What’s Trending On AMP?
- Play “Beat My Tweet” To Win Tickets To See Kehlani
- Play ‘Battle Of The Hoods’ To Win Big Sean Tickets
- Listen To Chad & Jill In The Morning To Win A $100 Bonefish Giftcard
- Play “Show Tune Tuesdays” To Win “The Space Between Us” Advance Screening Tickets
- Hungry? Score A $50 Gift Card to Duffy’s Sports Grill This Weekend Of Winning
- Future Lives Large in ‘Poppin’ Tags’ Video
- Serena Williams Snaps At Reporter
- Obama’s Final Letter As President Will Make You Cry
- President Trump Quotes Line From “The Dark Knight Rises” In Inauguration Speech
- Migos Share New Track ‘What the Price’