When asked about what kind of music he’s into these days, he said Kanye West and Taylor Swift. (Ironic mentioning those two in the same sentence due to that whole VMA debacle.)
“Taylor Swift is cool, because she’s the closest thing today that hearkens to Michael Jackson…to great, great pop music,” he Antonoff said. “There’s a difference between her and Gaga and Katy Perry and Lily Allen and all that. It all feels throwaway, comparatively.”
Just a year prior he gushed about Taylor saying that she made him a better musician and that she’s the most incredible singer, and writer and performer.
Jack and Taylor wrote together for the 2013 film One Chance. They penned the song “Sweeter Than Fiction” which quickly shot to #1 on iTunes over night.
That’s a pretty big compliment to give someone considering MJ is a pop music icon.
What do you think? Is Taylor Swift a modern day Michael Jackson?
What’s Trending On AMP?
- Drake And Rihanna Are Officially Official
- Justin Bieber Presented With Eight Guinness World Records
- Lena Dunham Discovers what Ariana Grande’s ‘Side to Side’ is About
- John Legend Proposes Changing National Anthem
- Damon Dash Developing Roc-A-Fella Story for Television
- Iggy Azalea & French Montana Take Romantic Vacation
- Chris Brown Investigated by Police at Los Angeles Home
- Full Cast Of The New Season Of Dancing With The Stars
- Sporty Spice Explains Why She Skipped the Spice Girls ‘Reunion’
- What Jill Does While Awaiting The Announcement For The New Cast Of Dancing With The Stars