You may have thought Ariana Grande‘s follow up to “Problem” couldn’t top the catchy 60’s infused hit…but her second single off her sophomore album My Everything is definitely a bonified pop hit.
“Break Free” which is a completely different sound from either “The Way” or “Problem” which were more R&B sounding whereas “Break Free” is straight EDM/pop, is a good sign that Ariana is a versatile artist who can sing just about any sub-genre of pop.
Her vocals soar on the chorus “This is…the part when..I say I don’t wanna…I’m stronger than I’ve benn before. This is.. the part where I Break Free…cuz’ I can’t resist it no more.”
The song which is about letting go of a relationship and breaking free…could be about her past fling with Nathan Sykes of the now defunct boy band The Wanted.
Or is about her on-again-off-again relationship with Jai Brooks?
Regardless, “Break Free” is a sign that Ariana is here to stay in the pop music and she’s ready to spread her wings and become an even bigger global superstar.
What’s Trending On AMP
- Lady Gaga Drops the ‘Illusion’ on ‘Joanne’
- Danie B Tackles Halloween Horror Nights For The Third Time
- Calvin Harris Drops “My Way” Video
- 5 Best Songs on Meek Mill’s ‘Dreamchasers 4’
- Little Mix Want Real Men in ‘You Gotta Not’: Listen
- Charli XCX Keeps It Going with ‘After the Afterparty’
- Amy Schumer Says Her ‘My Formation’ Video was Never a Parody
- Calvin Harris’ ‘My Way’ Video Subtweets Taylor Swift
- What You Doin’ At The Courthouse (10/28/16)
- Niall Horan and James Corden Get Seductive for Halloween with ‘Candy’