You may have thought Ariana Grande‘s follow up to “Problem” couldn’t top the catchy 60’s infused hit…but her second single off her sophomore album My Everything is definitely a bonified pop hit.
“Break Free” which is a completely different sound from either “The Way” or “Problem” which were more R&B sounding whereas “Break Free” is straight EDM/pop, is a good sign that Ariana is a versatile artist who can sing just about any sub-genre of pop.
Her vocals soar on the chorus “This is…the part when..I say I don’t wanna…I’m stronger than I’ve benn before. This is.. the part where I Break Free…cuz’ I can’t resist it no more.”
The song which is about letting go of a relationship and breaking free…could be about her past fling with Nathan Sykes of the now defunct boy band The Wanted.
Or is about her on-again-off-again relationship with Jai Brooks?
Regardless, “Break Free” is a sign that Ariana is here to stay in the pop music and she’s ready to spread her wings and become an even bigger global superstar.
What’s Trending On AMP
- Play Show Tune Tuesdays To Win Advanced Screening Passes To The Diary Of A Wimpy Kid
- 101.9 AMP Radio Wants To Send YOU To SPF 2017 At The Cosmopolitan in Las Vegas!
- Play ‘What’s In Jill’s Purse?!’ To Win A Massage For Two!
- Beat My Tweet To Win Tickets To See Sabrina Carpenter
- Sail Into The Seven Seas Festival At SeaWorld
- Ja Rule Says Fyre Festival Disaster is not His Fault
- French Montana’s ‘Unforgettable’ Challenge Takes Over The Internet
- Happy National Superhero Day
- Machine Gun Kelly Drops New Track ‘Let You Go’
- Halsey’s ‘Hopeless Fountain Kingdom’ Features Quavo, Lauren Jauregui