You may have thought Ariana Grande‘s follow up to “Problem” couldn’t top the catchy 60’s infused hit…but her second single off her sophomore album My Everything is definitely a bonified pop hit.
“Break Free” which is a completely different sound from either “The Way” or “Problem” which were more R&B sounding whereas “Break Free” is straight EDM/pop, is a good sign that Ariana is a versatile artist who can sing just about any sub-genre of pop.
Her vocals soar on the chorus “This is…the part when..I say I don’t wanna…I’m stronger than I’ve benn before. This is.. the part where I Break Free…cuz’ I can’t resist it no more.”
The song which is about letting go of a relationship and breaking free…could be about her past fling with Nathan Sykes of the now defunct boy band The Wanted.
Or is about her on-again-off-again relationship with Jai Brooks?
Regardless, “Break Free” is a sign that Ariana is here to stay in the pop music and she’s ready to spread her wings and become an even bigger global superstar.
What’s Trending On AMP
- What You Doin’ At The Courthouse (01/20/17)
- ILoveMakonnen Announces: ‘I’m Gay’
- Madonna: Trump is ‘As Low As We Can Go’
- Chance the Rapper Embarks on the ‘Optimistic Challenge’
- The 9th Annual Downtown Food & Wine Fest Pre-Sale Tickets On Sale NOW!
- If You Need Something Happy Today, Here Is Elliot (Jill’s Son) Singing Macklemore
- Daily Dish For 1.20.17
- Little Mix’s Video for ‘Touch’ is a Sexy Explosion of Pastel
- James Corden and Kate Hudson Take Dance Lessons From Toddlers
- Louis Tomlinson and Steve Aoki Talk ‘Just Hold On’