You may have thought Ariana Grande‘s follow up to “Problem” couldn’t top the catchy 60’s infused hit…but her second single off her sophomore album My Everything is definitely a bonified pop hit.
“Break Free” which is a completely different sound from either “The Way” or “Problem” which were more R&B sounding whereas “Break Free” is straight EDM/pop, is a good sign that Ariana is a versatile artist who can sing just about any sub-genre of pop.
Her vocals soar on the chorus “This is…the part when..I say I don’t wanna…I’m stronger than I’ve benn before. This is.. the part where I Break Free…cuz’ I can’t resist it no more.”
The song which is about letting go of a relationship and breaking free…could be about her past fling with Nathan Sykes of the now defunct boy band The Wanted.
Or is about her on-again-off-again relationship with Jai Brooks?
Regardless, “Break Free” is a sign that Ariana is here to stay in the pop music and she’s ready to spread her wings and become an even bigger global superstar.
What’s Trending On AMP
- Win “Jason Bourne’ on Blu-Ray DVD This Weekend Of Winning
- Come Join Chad & Jill For The “Circus” Of Fun At The Coca-Cola Orlando Eye
- Nicki Minaj Celebrates Birthday with Meek Mill in Paradise
- [Photos] Chad & Jill Live at the Coca-Cola Orlando Eye
- Congress Passes Act to Fight Online Scalping
- French Montana: Kanye’s ‘Doing Great’
- Justin Bieber Has Most Views on Vevo in 2016, 1.8 Billion
- Louis Tomlinson’s Mother Dies from Leukemia
- Wyclef Jean and Young Thug Share ‘I Swear’ Video
- Vic Mensa Freestyles ‘Heathens’ about Chicago Gun Violence