You may have thought Ariana Grande‘s follow up to “Problem” couldn’t top the catchy 60’s infused hit…but her second single off her sophomore album My Everything is definitely a bonified pop hit.
“Break Free” which is a completely different sound from either “The Way” or “Problem” which were more R&B sounding whereas “Break Free” is straight EDM/pop, is a good sign that Ariana is a versatile artist who can sing just about any sub-genre of pop.
Her vocals soar on the chorus “This is…the part when..I say I don’t wanna…I’m stronger than I’ve benn before. This is.. the part where I Break Free…cuz’ I can’t resist it no more.”
The song which is about letting go of a relationship and breaking free…could be about her past fling with Nathan Sykes of the now defunct boy band The Wanted.
Or is about her on-again-off-again relationship with Jai Brooks?
Regardless, “Break Free” is a sign that Ariana is here to stay in the pop music and she’s ready to spread her wings and become an even bigger global superstar.
What’s Trending On AMP
- Golden Kanye/Jesus Appears in Los Angeles
- Zedd Teases Alessia Cara Collaboration ‘Stay’
- Future’s New Album Features The Weeknd, Rihanna
- The Chainsmokers & Coldplay Release New Single ‘Something Just Like This’
- Watch Chris Martin Duet with George Michael
- Nick Cannon Welcomes Baby Boy
- Rihanna Beats Michael Jackson’s Top 10 Billboard Record
- Sean Kingston Swears He Wasn’t Jumped
- Future’s Girlfriends Wreak Havoc in ‘Draco’ Video
- Jay Z Becomes First Rapper Chosen for Songwriters Hall Of Fame