Here’s proof that social media is vital in forwarding your career.
Vine star Shawn Mendes has debuted at the number 24 spot on the Billboard Hot 100.
His debut single “Life of the Party” debuted at number 24 which also makes him the youngest artist to have their debut single debut that high on the Billboard chart.
The previous record was American Idol Season 11 runner up, Lauren Alaina who was 16.
When asked about his rapid rise to fame, Shawn told Billboard “I’m definitely not used to anything that’s going on. I’m in awe.”
And we can’t disagree with his debut spot. “Life of the Party” is such a great song and let’s be real…Shawn is SO cute. 🙂
What’s Trending On AMP
- Halsey On P Diddy: ” I’m Coming For Ya, Puff!”
- R. Kelly’s Ex-Girlfriend Details Alleged Abuse
- Macklemore Reveals How He & Kesha Became Fast Friends
- Danie B Concert Review: Halsey Hopeless Fountain Kingdom Tour
- Justin Bieber’s Tattoo Artist Details the Pop Star’s New Ink
- Niall Horan on Mom Being His Biggest Fan
- Katy Perry Crashes Wedding Reception in St. Louis
- DJ Khaled’s Son Had the Most Extravagant 1st Birthday Party Ever
- Sam Smith: ‘I Feel Just as Much Woman as I am Man”
- Listen This Week For Tickets To See Lana Del Rey!