Universal’s Diagon Alley Expansion Is Set To Open On…
The highly anticipated opening date of Diagon Alley at Universal Orlando Resort is July 8th, the Orlando Sentinel reports.
Details have been emerging slowly over the past few weeks including the fire breathing dragon, butterbeer ice cream, interactive shop windows and of course, the tightest kept secret is the main attraction, Harry Potter and the Escape From Gringotts.
Diagon Alley is the replacement for the old Amity area of Universal Studios. As you approach the area from either side, it appears as if you’re walking into London.
Once past the facade however, you notice wizardry everywhere and shops straight out of the Harry Potter novels and films.
The Hogwarts Express will transport guests from King’s Cross station in London to the Hogsmeade area in Islands of Adventure. You will most likely need a 2-park pass to ride the Hogwarts Express as you will board in one park and unload in another.
So July 8th, expect to see thousands of people packing the Universal parks and expect long lines, lots of wizard robes and of course, ecstatic fans and plenty of smiles.
What’s New On AMP
- How To Get That Fierce Holiday Look by Beyoncé’s Makeup Artist Francesca Tolot
- Katy Perry Reveals Holiday Covergirl Campaign
- 101.9 AMP Radio Presents The HO HO HO Show
- Dollar Drink Night At Chillers
- Register To Win Tickets To The Exclusive 101.9 AMP Radio Hoodie Allen Switch Party!
- Register To Win A Christmas Tree And $250!
- Register To Win A Christmas Tree With All The Fixings!
- 18 Holiday Gifts For The Music Lover In Your Life
- Lorde Was Taylor Swift’s Manager For One Night, And One Night Only
- Diplo & Mad Decent Wish You a Merry Christmas With New Mixtape: Listen