Universal’s Diagon Alley Expansion Is Set To Open On…
The highly anticipated opening date of Diagon Alley at Universal Orlando Resort is July 8th, the Orlando Sentinel reports.
Details have been emerging slowly over the past few weeks including the fire breathing dragon, butterbeer ice cream, interactive shop windows and of course, the tightest kept secret is the main attraction, Harry Potter and the Escape From Gringotts.
Diagon Alley is the replacement for the old Amity area of Universal Studios. As you approach the area from either side, it appears as if you’re walking into London.
Once past the facade however, you notice wizardry everywhere and shops straight out of the Harry Potter novels and films.
The Hogwarts Express will transport guests from King’s Cross station in London to the Hogsmeade area in Islands of Adventure. You will most likely need a 2-park pass to ride the Hogwarts Express as you will board in one park and unload in another.
So July 8th, expect to see thousands of people packing the Universal parks and expect long lines, lots of wizard robes and of course, ecstatic fans and plenty of smiles.
What’s New On AMP
- Lil Wayne Announces His Own Music Festival, Lil Weezyana
- Nicki Minaj is Not Feeling Meek Mill’s Wish For A Baby, So Stop It Already
- Directors, Screenwriters Announced for New ‘Star Wars’ Film About Han Solo
- Ariana Grande Kisses Guy, Licks Donut, Infuriates Internet
- Shooting at Atlanta Studio Affiliated with Rick Ross
- Taylor Swift: Prom Attire Consultant
- Puff Daddy’s Prepping a ‘No Way Out 2′ & It May Be His Last Album Ever
- Jared from Subway Involved in FBI Raid for Child Pornography
- New ‘I Am Cait’ Trailer Shows the Tears Behind the Scenes
- Shaggy Just Solved the World’s Problem with ISIS