The highly anticipated opening date of Diagon Alley at Universal Orlando Resort is July 8th, the Orlando Sentinel reports.
Details have been emerging slowly over the past few weeks including the fire breathing dragon, butterbeer ice cream, interactive shop windows and of course, the tightest kept secret is the main attraction, Harry Potter and the Escape From Gringotts.
Diagon Alley is the replacement for the old Amity area of Universal Studios. As you approach the area from either side, it appears as if you’re walking into London.
Once past the facade however, you notice wizardry everywhere and shops straight out of the Harry Potter novels and films.
The Hogwarts Express will transport guests from King’s Cross station in London to the Hogsmeade area in Islands of Adventure. You will most likely need a 2-park pass to ride the Hogwarts Express as you will board in one park and unload in another.
So July 8th, expect to see thousands of people packing the Universal parks and expect long lines, lots of wizard robes and of course, ecstatic fans and plenty of smiles.
What’s New On AMP
- Play ‘Show Tune Tuesdays’ To Win $100 To Bonefish Grill
- Play “What’s In Jill’s Purse?!” To Win Tickets And Meet & Greets To EBH2!
- Register To Win Tickets To The ‘Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey® Presents Circus XTREME’
- ‘Beat My Tweet’ To Win Tickets To See JoJo!
- Let 101.9 AMP Radio ‘Treat You Better’ With 12 Days Of Shawn Mendes
- Play Battle Of The Hoods To Win Tickets To See “Rogue One: A Star Wars Story”
- Listen To Win Tickets To See Jake Miller
- Win “Jason Bourne’ on Blu-Ray DVD This Weekend Of Winning
- Come Join Chad & Jill For The “Circus” Of Fun At The Coca-Cola Orlando Eye
- Nicki Minaj Celebrates Birthday with Meek Mill in Paradise