The highly anticipated opening date of Diagon Alley at Universal Orlando Resort is July 8th, the Orlando Sentinel reports.
Details have been emerging slowly over the past few weeks including the fire breathing dragon, butterbeer ice cream, interactive shop windows and of course, the tightest kept secret is the main attraction, Harry Potter and the Escape From Gringotts.
Diagon Alley is the replacement for the old Amity area of Universal Studios. As you approach the area from either side, it appears as if you’re walking into London.
Once past the facade however, you notice wizardry everywhere and shops straight out of the Harry Potter novels and films.
The Hogwarts Express will transport guests from King’s Cross station in London to the Hogsmeade area in Islands of Adventure. You will most likely need a 2-park pass to ride the Hogwarts Express as you will board in one park and unload in another.
So July 8th, expect to see thousands of people packing the Universal parks and expect long lines, lots of wizard robes and of course, ecstatic fans and plenty of smiles.
What’s New On AMP
- Man Loses 140 Pounds by Eating Chick-Fil-A
- Daily Dish For 6.28.16
- Suge Knight Sues Chris Brown Over VMA Party Shooting
- Calvin Harris Apologizes to Paparazzi
- Chris Martin Calls Rihanna the Frank Sinatra of our Generation
- Joey Fatone Launching Hot Dog Cart
- UCF Orlando Strong 5K To Benefit Pulse Employees
- Ray J’s Manager Slams Kanye West’s ‘Famous’ Video
- Lady Gaga Talks Kindness with the Dalai Lama
- DJ Khaled Drops Jay Z Assisted Track ‘I Got The Keys’