If you currently listen to your favorite artists’ music on YouTube, you may soon find yourself sitting in silence at your desk.
According to The Huffington Post, YouTube is going to blacklist an artist’s music if they don’t agree to the new ad-free streaming.
So basically, YouTube is launching a new streaming service that you will have to subscribe to. It’s another revenue maker for record labels since they are losing money with a growing number of fans streaming music rather than buying it.
“Our goal is to continue making YouTube an amazing music experience, both as a global platform for fans and artists to connect, and as a revenue source for the music industry,” a YouTube spokesperson told the Huffington Post. “We’re adding subscription-based features for music on YouTube with this in mind — to bring our music partners new revenue streams in addition to the hundreds of millions of dollars YouTube already generates for them each year.”
I don’t think this is a good idea. People will just turn to a different outlet to get their music for free.
Artists like Adele, The Arctic Monkeys and Jack White are not on board and according to YouTube, their music will dissappear “in a matter of days.”
Apparently, their music will still be safe on Vevo, but Vevo takes forever to load and is SO confusing.
I think this is a terrible move on YouTube’s part. But who am I but a mere consumer who will NOT be subscribing to the new ad-free service.
So get your fill of this song now…because soon…you won’t be able to watch it on YouTube.
What’s Trending On AMP
- Adele Shares Beyoncé Love
- The Weeknd & Nas Perform at Met Gala
- Beyoncé and Rita Ora Pose Together at Met Gala, Shut Down ‘Becky’ Rumors
- ‘Hamilton’ Sets All-Time Tony Nominations Record
- [WATCH] Jill’s Helium High With No Balloon [DON’T TRY THIS AT HOME!]
- Kevin Durant was Surprised to Hear His Name in Drake’s Song
- 2016 Met Gala: Behind the Scenes with Music Royalty
- Tupac Shakur’s Mother Afeni Shakur Dead at 69
- Katy Perry Sends Heartfelt Video Message to Dying Fan
- Daily Dish For 5.3.16