I’m going to keep this short today people. The opening ceremonies were less than stellar to say the least. I think the protests outside Arena de Sao Paulo by people opposing the amount of money the Brazilian government spent on tournament preparation was more interesting. The official World Cup song this year was horrible. I looked like I just drank some expired milk after watching that. Please hire the Superbowl people for 2018 World Cup in Russia.
As far as the match, Brazil vs. Croatia, it was entertaining. Brazil won, as expected, but Croatia actually went ahead in the first half with an own goal by Marcelo. Later in the half Neymar scored an equalizer for Brazil making it 1-1 at the half. Croatia put on a good show and the Brazilians looked good but definitely a little flat, especially as they are playing at home and have some of the best players in the world on their squad.
In the second half Brazil went ahead 2-1 on a flop by Fred in the Croatian’s penalty box. If you don’t know what a flop is he basically fell over making it looked like he was fouled. Neymar scored the penalty kick for Brazil. Later in the half Oscar scored for Brazil but by then the match was pretty much over. I was disappointed that a team such as Brazil had to resort to shady tactics to get a sure foothold on an entertaining match. After that piece of shady play I lost interest because Brazil were not going to relinquish their lead.
So, at the moment my World Cup bracket is intact with Brazil leading the group with 3pts and Mexico to play Cameroon tomorrow. Also in action tomorrow from Group B a rematch of the 2010 final Spain vs. Netherlands and also Chile plays Australia.
For all the US fans our first game is Monday, June 16th against Ghana. We’ll be celebrating and watching at Buffalo Wild Wings in Casselberry starting at 4:30pm. Come support the USA with us at 1019 AMP RADIO. No matter what happens over the next month, I am in Soccer heaven!! #GoUSA
The Latest From 101.9 AMP Radio
- Make A Splash At Aquatica When You Play ‘What’s In Jill’s Purse?!’
- Listen To Chad & Jill To Win A Vacation To Pelican Grand Beach Resort!
- Beat My Tweet To Win Movie Passes To See Jason Bourne
- Play Show Tune Tuesdays To Win Barbershop: The Next Cut On Blu-ray Disc
- Chance the Rapper & Dwayne Wade Surprise Lollapalooza Crowd
- The 90’s Are Back And “I Want My MTV”
- Kanye West’s Cries in New Video ‘Wolves’
- Listen to the Soundtrack for ‘The Land’
- Jason Derulo Drops Funky New Track ‘Kiss the Sky’
- Snoop Dogg Says Hell No to Hot Dogs