Volkswagen’s Texting While Driving Ad Is Pure Genius
Are you one of those people that text all the time?
No matter what you’re doing…you’ll pull out your cellphone and send a text.
Well, Volkswagen is looking to change that.
They decided to show and ad with a clever twist during the previews of a movie.
The ad starts off with someone getting in the car, and driving down a rural road.
Then, after a few seconds, a mass text was sent to everyone in the theater using location based technology.
While everyone was looking at their phone, the car in the ad hit a tree causing a startle. Everyone picked up their heads from their phones and read the message: “Mobile use is now the leading cause of death behind the wheel. A reminder to keep you eyes on the road.”
What’s New On AMP
- Drake, Lil Wayne May Tour Together Again
- Taylor Swift Covers Vogue UK, Talks Dating: ‘I Don’t Think They Want What Comes with It’
- Quickest Interview Ever: Charli XCX [VIDEO]
- Quickest Interview Ever: Michael Myers [VIDEO]
- Trending: Taylor Swift Admits She Wouldn’t Date Herself
- 10 Surprising Facts About Walt Disney World
- Ben Affleck Should Never, Ever Sing ‘Let It Go’ Again : Watch And Hear Why
- Prince Brings Kendrick Lamar to the Stage at Paisley Park Listening Party: Watch
- Theophilus London on New Kanye West Album: ‘It Isn’t Finish[ed]‘
- Jon Stewart of ‘The Daily Show’ Has More Fun With One Direction Fans