Are you one of those people that text all the time?
No matter what you’re doing…you’ll pull out your cellphone and send a text.
Well, Volkswagen is looking to change that.
They decided to show and ad with a clever twist during the previews of a movie.
The ad starts off with someone getting in the car, and driving down a rural road.
Then, after a few seconds, a mass text was sent to everyone in the theater using location based technology.
While everyone was looking at their phone, the car in the ad hit a tree causing a startle. Everyone picked up their heads from their phones and read the message: “Mobile use is now the leading cause of death behind the wheel. A reminder to keep you eyes on the road.”
What’s New On AMP
- Does Britney Spears’ New Single Feature G-Eazy?
- Katy Perry, Closet Lit Enthusiast?
- Reset Your Preset To 101.9 AMP Radio For Free Gas From Circle K!
- No Filter Episode 3: What Annoys You On Facebook?
- Pitbull Drops ‘Messin’ Around’ Video Featuring Enrique Iglesias
- Zac Efron Takes It All Off [VIDEO]
- Jay Z’s References ‘Lemonade’ on ‘All the Way Up’ Remix
- Anne Hathaway, James Corden Face off in Rap Battle
- OneRepublic Talk ‘Everywhere I Go,’ Peter Gabriel Collaboration
- AMP Fringe Pick 5.25.16: On The Fringe