Volkswagen’s Texting While Driving Ad Is Pure Genius
Are you one of those people that text all the time?
No matter what you’re doing…you’ll pull out your cellphone and send a text.
Well, Volkswagen is looking to change that.
They decided to show and ad with a clever twist during the previews of a movie.
The ad starts off with someone getting in the car, and driving down a rural road.
Then, after a few seconds, a mass text was sent to everyone in the theater using location based technology.
While everyone was looking at their phone, the car in the ad hit a tree causing a startle. Everyone picked up their heads from their phones and read the message: “Mobile use is now the leading cause of death behind the wheel. A reminder to keep you eyes on the road.”
What’s New On AMP
- Beat My Tweet For An AMP Concert Pack
- Download Pingo, Take Photos, Win Prizes From Your Favorite Arists
- War Gets Romantic in Vance Joy’s ‘Georgia’ Video: Watch
- Eminem Teases New Song in ‘Southpaw’ Trailer: Watch
- Ed Sheeran Gives Newly Married Couple Surprise of a Lifetime at Their Wedding: Watch
- Here’s Billy Zane Reading Tweets Meant for Zayn Malik
- Nicki Minaj & Meek Mill in Paris Are the Cutest Thing Ever
- Remember the Song Kendrick Lamar Played on ‘Colbert’? It’s Probably Not Coming Out
- This Week in Music Fest Petitions: People Want Paris Hilton Out of Summerfest
- Ultra Music Fest 2015 Live Stream: Watch Here