Volkswagen’s Texting While Driving Ad Is Pure Genius
Are you one of those people that text all the time?
No matter what you’re doing…you’ll pull out your cellphone and send a text.
Well, Volkswagen is looking to change that.
They decided to show and ad with a clever twist during the previews of a movie.
The ad starts off with someone getting in the car, and driving down a rural road.
Then, after a few seconds, a mass text was sent to everyone in the theater using location based technology.
While everyone was looking at their phone, the car in the ad hit a tree causing a startle. Everyone picked up their heads from their phones and read the message: “Mobile use is now the leading cause of death behind the wheel. A reminder to keep you eyes on the road.”
What’s New On AMP
- Musicians Dress Up for Halloween 2014: See Their Costumes
- David Guetta Hits the Formula 1 Track in ‘Dangerous’ Video: Watch
- Nae Nae Dance Originators Tell Miley Cyrus She’s Doing it Wrong
- Interview: Bea Miller Dreams of Ed Sheeran, Nirvana, Non-Slutty Halloween Costumes
- Chris Brown Settles D.C. Assault Lawsuit
- Pharrell Teases New N.E.R.D. Album
- Nicki Minaj Drops ‘Pinkprint’ Teaser on Instagram: Watch
- Lorde Calls Kanye West Her ‘Idol,’ Discusses Their Awkward First Phone Call
- Kendrick Lamar Performs ‘i’ at LeBron James’ First Home Game in Cleveland: Watch
- New Music To Know: Dej Loaf Puts Detroit on the Map, Again