Volkswagen’s Texting While Driving Ad Is Pure Genius
Are you one of those people that text all the time?
No matter what you’re doing…you’ll pull out your cellphone and send a text.
Well, Volkswagen is looking to change that.
They decided to show and ad with a clever twist during the previews of a movie.
The ad starts off with someone getting in the car, and driving down a rural road.
Then, after a few seconds, a mass text was sent to everyone in the theater using location based technology.
While everyone was looking at their phone, the car in the ad hit a tree causing a startle. Everyone picked up their heads from their phones and read the message: “Mobile use is now the leading cause of death behind the wheel. A reminder to keep you eyes on the road.”
What’s New On AMP
- Prince Removes Music From All Streaming Services Except TIDAL
- Eminem Interviewed by Stephen Colbert on Real Michigan Cable Access Show
- Barack Obama Listened to Outkast and The Black Keys on July 1, 2015
- Interview: Adam Lambert on ‘The Original High,’ ’80s Covers, Queen and Broadway
- Watch the Dark New Trailer for Aaron Sorkin’s ‘Steve Jobs’
- ‘Roots’ Is Getting Rebooted with Laurence Fishburne as Alex Haley
- Interview: Joy Williams Lets Down the Walls on Solo Album ‘Venus’
- There’s No Actual Bad Blood Between Selena Gomez & Katy Perry
- Win A Trip To See One Direction In New Jersey
- With ‘Inside Out,’ Pixar Scores a Victory—But It Hasn’t Yet Won the War