Trending: Shailene Woodley Defends Sex Scene, Slams Jennifer Lawrence Comparisons
“The Fault In Our Stars” actress Shailene Woodley is quickly becoming the “it” girl in Hollywood and she may or may not have a problem with that.
After her box office smash “Divergent” and now the most buzzed about movie of the Spring, “The Fault In Our Stars” Shailene is talking about her newest movie called “White Bird In A Blizzard.”
In the film, there is a sex scene and apparently, to some it was a big deal that she was nude.
She told New York Magazine, “Everyone was freaked out because I’m nude, but in real life, when I have sex, I’m naked. I don’t have a bra on, and I don’t usually have panties on. So let’s make a real movie! Let’s bring truth to the scene! I didn’t want to be exploited, but this girl–like most girls when they first have sex–doesn’t know what she’s doing. I wanted their first kiss to be sloppy, teenagerish making out. When you’re younger, you think you know what to do, but you really don’t.”
And in case you hadn’t noticed, she is constantly compared to Hollywood’s other “it” girl, Jennifer Lawrence.
Shailene is sick of the comparisons.
“As women, we are constantly told that we need to compare ourselves to a girl in school, to our co-workers, to the images in a magazine. How is the world going to advance if we’re always comparing ourselves to others? I admire Jennifer Lawrence, but she’s everyone’s favorite person to compare me to. Is it because we both have short hair and a vagina? I see us as separate individuals. And that’s important. As women, our insecurities are based on all these comparisons. And that creates distress.”
So if you find yourself calling Shailene, “The New JLaw” you might reconsider.
Check out Shailene’s new film, “The Fault In Our Stars” which hits theaters this Friday.
What’s Trending On AMP
- Kanye West & Kim Kardashian Selling Old Mansion for $11 Million
- Miley Cyrus Could Face Fine, Jail Time For Mexican Flag Twerking Incident
- Kanye West, Lorde Reportedly Getting Together in the Studio
- The Best Instructions On Labels ( NSFW)
- ScHoolboy Q Hops on Disclosure & Sam Smith’s ‘Latch’ Remix: Listen
- Taylor Swift: 5 Things You May Not Know About Her New Album
- Related Questions: Ne-Yo – ‘She Knows’
- Blake Shelton & Gwen Stefani Lip Sync Battle Jimmy Fallon with ‘Endless Love': Watch
- Demi Lovato Talks World Tour, New Album, New Skin Care Line And Africa
- will.i.am Debuts New Eyewear Line, ill i. Optics