How To End A Casual Relationship
So, summer is here and a lot of “seasonal” relationships will start to bloom. According to MINDBODYGREEN there is a right way and a wrong way to end a casual relationship. Now, some of these rules make perfect sense. I agree with almost all of them. But, the footnotes at the bottom…some are a little ridic!
Here are some of the RIGHT things to do…and of course how I feel about them through my witty commentary:
1. Don’t try to blame it on something else or you’ll just extend the process.
Save the ” It’s not me it’s you…we hate that crap” I know it’s you. I’M AWESOME!
2. Don’t keep sleeping with them if you know they want more.
YES! I’m talking to you….
3. Don’t keep liking their Instagram photos and FB statuses, sending them messages (“Thinking of you!”), or texting them.
THIS is the most annoying. So, let me get this straight…you want to break up but you “liked” my selfie? Get outta here.
4. If you feel compelled to do any of the above, ask yourself if you’re doing it for them or for you.
You’re doing it for you…because guilt is awful.
5. Remind yourself that feeling anxious, guilty, and conflicted (and anything else) is OK.
This usually means you made the wrong choice…way to go.
6. Be prepared to experience some negative feedback from that person and/or their allies.
Don’t watch Fatal Attraction before you do this.
OK OK OK! HERE IS THE KICKER!!!!
Here are some END notes…. get a load of this…ready….
- You are entitled to your feelings.– agreed
- You are allowed to change your mind. – only once or twice…you flip flop back and forth over and over….save it.
- You are allowed to be selfish. – ok sure..I’ll buy that. You should’nt have to stay in a relationship you don’t belong in because you ” feel bad”
- You’re allowed to break up with someone over text message or Facebook Chat. -You’re on crack rock if you think this is ok
- You are not a bad person. –Unless you break up with someone on text or facebook chat.
Here’s The Latest From 101.9 AMP Radio
- New At 9: Tech N9ne-‘Hood Go Crazy’ (feat. 2 Chainz & B.o.B)
- Iggy Azalea Cancels The Great Escape Tour
- Justin Bieber Serenades Newly Engaged Couple with ‘I’ll Make Love To You': Watch
- See Nicki Minaj’s Sexy New ‘Cosmopolitan’ Cover
- Beat My Tweet For Tickets To See Walk The Moon
- Tickets To Orlando Eye And More
- Little Mix Become Your New Queen Bee Overlords in ‘Black Magic’ Video: Watch
- You’re Invited to Jamie Foxx & Chris Brown’s House Party for Their ‘You Changed Me’ Video: Watch
- Ed Sheeran Just Met a New Friend: His Own Wax Figure
- This Beyonce/DuckTales Mashup Is Complete & Utter Perfection