So, summer is here and a lot of “seasonal” relationships will start to bloom. According to MINDBODYGREEN there is a right way and a wrong way to end a casual relationship. Now, some of these rules make perfect sense. I agree with almost all of them. But, the footnotes at the bottom…some are a little ridic!
Here are some of the RIGHT things to do…and of course how I feel about them through my witty commentary:
1. Don’t try to blame it on something else or you’ll just extend the process.
Save the ” It’s not me it’s you…we hate that crap” I know it’s you. I’M AWESOME!
2. Don’t keep sleeping with them if you know they want more.
YES! I’m talking to you….
3. Don’t keep liking their Instagram photos and FB statuses, sending them messages (“Thinking of you!”), or texting them.
THIS is the most annoying. So, let me get this straight…you want to break up but you “liked” my selfie? Get outta here.
4. If you feel compelled to do any of the above, ask yourself if you’re doing it for them or for you.
You’re doing it for you…because guilt is awful.
5. Remind yourself that feeling anxious, guilty, and conflicted (and anything else) is OK.
This usually means you made the wrong choice…way to go.
6. Be prepared to experience some negative feedback from that person and/or their allies.
Don’t watch Fatal Attraction before you do this.
OK OK OK! HERE IS THE KICKER!!!!
Here are some END notes…. get a load of this…ready….
- You are entitled to your feelings.– agreed
- You are allowed to change your mind. – only once or twice…you flip flop back and forth over and over….save it.
- You are allowed to be selfish. – ok sure..I’ll buy that. You should’nt have to stay in a relationship you don’t belong in because you ” feel bad”
- You’re allowed to break up with someone over text message or Facebook Chat. -You’re on crack rock if you think this is ok
- You are not a bad person. –Unless you break up with someone on text or facebook chat.
Here’s The Latest From 101.9 AMP Radio
- Questlove Blasts Bill O’Reilly for ‘Revisionist’ Slavery Comment
- Snookie Raps In Her First Music Video As “Yung Mommy”
- Joe Jonas and Demi Lovato Reunite to Perform ‘This Is Me’
- Are Kanye West and Calvin Harris Collaborating?
- Did Ed Sheeran Get Married?
- Lady Gaga Not Guilty of Plagiarizing French Sculptor
- Brad Paisley Joins Demi Lovato and Nick Jonas at Washington, DC Show
- Sia Contributes to ‘Fight Song’ Video for DNC
- Daily Dish For 7.27.16
- Moby Releases Updated Jason Bourne Theme Song, ‘Extreme Ways’