How To End A Casual Relationship
So, summer is here and a lot of “seasonal” relationships will start to bloom. According to MINDBODYGREEN there is a right way and a wrong way to end a casual relationship. Now, some of these rules make perfect sense. I agree with almost all of them. But, the footnotes at the bottom…some are a little ridic!
Here are some of the RIGHT things to do…and of course how I feel about them through my witty commentary:
1. Don’t try to blame it on something else or you’ll just extend the process.
Save the ” It’s not me it’s you…we hate that crap” I know it’s you. I’M AWESOME!
2. Don’t keep sleeping with them if you know they want more.
YES! I’m talking to you….
3. Don’t keep liking their Instagram photos and FB statuses, sending them messages (“Thinking of you!”), or texting them.
THIS is the most annoying. So, let me get this straight…you want to break up but you “liked” my selfie? Get outta here.
4. If you feel compelled to do any of the above, ask yourself if you’re doing it for them or for you.
You’re doing it for you…because guilt is awful.
5. Remind yourself that feeling anxious, guilty, and conflicted (and anything else) is OK.
This usually means you made the wrong choice…way to go.
6. Be prepared to experience some negative feedback from that person and/or their allies.
Don’t watch Fatal Attraction before you do this.
OK OK OK! HERE IS THE KICKER!!!!
Here are some END notes…. get a load of this…ready….
- You are entitled to your feelings.- agreed
- You are allowed to change your mind. – only once or twice…you flip flop back and forth over and over….save it.
- You are allowed to be selfish. - ok sure..I’ll buy that. You should’nt have to stay in a relationship you don’t belong in because you ” feel bad”
- You’re allowed to break up with someone over text message or Facebook Chat. -You’re on crack rock if you think this is ok
- You are not a bad person. -Unless you break up with someone on text or facebook chat.
Here’s The Latest From 101.9 AMP Radio
- Watch the ’50 Shades of Grey’ Trailer: the ‘Turn Down for What’ Edition
- Tensnake Goes Inside the Secret Life of Sperm with ‘Feel of Love’ Video: Watch
- Stream Tomorrowland EDM Fest’s Second Weekend Live in Belgium All Weekend
- Kesha Once Broke Into Prince’s House to Drop Off Her Album
- T.I., Fall Out Boy & London Grammar Performed ‘Live Your Life’ Together on ‘SoundClash’ and It Totally Worked
- Lil Wayne Signs Cristiano Ronaldo, Is Now a Sports Agent
- M.I.A. Drops New Song, ‘Gold’
- Watch Ex-Porn Star Sasha Grey DJ Mexico City’s Electric Colors Festival
- Amy Winehouse the Subject of New Comic Book
- Listen To Dustin And Score Your Tickets To See R5 At The Hard Rock Live!