I was talking to a girlfriend of mine the other night and, like a ton of other girls I know, she is stressed about gaining a few extra pounds right before bikini season.
Personally I know that even though guys don’t talk about it as much as you ladies do, they stress about it as well.
SO…I have a few tips to help both sexes get your body a little better, a little faster, before the beach.
1. Eat. Starving your body with one meal of rabbit food is not helping your body and it won’t last. Eat…but just eat smarter.
2. Eat at least 4 times a day to keep your body well nourished, and don’t eat at least an hour before bed. The goal is to not go more than 4 hours without eating something. Truth be told, if you wake up at night, a little protein won’t hurt the bod’.
3. Drink a full glass of water before you eat, drink while you are eating, and drink between meals.
4. Simple sugars like sweets need to be avoided at all cost. (My personal nemesis!)
5. Eat something for breakfast…don’t skip it. Your body just went all night and it needs the fuel. Change your thinking because it helps more than you think skipping it does.
6. Take a vitamin. If you must talk to the doc first do it, but a good vitamin will help your body work better.
7. Since most of us are trying to get lean, a diet between 2200-2500 calories a day is a good goal.
8. Portion control is essential. Eating slower and drinking (see #3) will help with this. You don’t have to eat everything on your plate.
9. The sooner you start changing your current pattern the quicker you will reach your goal.
10. YOU MUST do something to increase your daily activity i.e. get your heart rate up. Figure out what’s good for you and do it, do it, do it.
I don’t know your health situation, so I’m not going to get into starches, fruits & veggies, dairy, proteins, and fats today, but we will. However, I am definitely going to change a few things too because I have been eating like a mad man lately, and way too many pies have been in my diet if you know what I mean.
We’re in Florida so we need to keep our bodies healthy and beach ready at all times. Oh, and don’t be silly. If you need to talk to your doctor before starting a workout regimen…do it.
The Latest From 101.9 AMP Radio
- The Top States With The Worst And Best Drivers
- Watch Christina Milian’s Music Video for ‘Do It’ Featuring Lil Wayne
- Watch ‘Red Lips’ the Wild New Clip from Skrillex
- Girl Needs Emergency Surgery From Hair Tie On Wrist
- Cyber Monday Music Deals—From Taylor Swift to Queen, Save on CDs
- Adam Lambert Counters Anti-Gay Petition
- Listen to Sia’s New Track ‘One Million Bullets’
- Drake on Adele’s ‘Hotline Bling’ Remix Offer: “I’ll Do Anything with Adele”
- Erykah Badu Shades Iggy Azalea at Soul Train Music Awards: “What You’re Doing Is Definitely Not Rap”
- Chris Brown Pledges to Donate Portion of ‘Royalty’ Pre-Orders for Christmas