I was talking to a girlfriend of mine the other night and, like a ton of other girls I know, she is stressed about gaining a few extra pounds right before bikini season.
Personally I know that even though guys don’t talk about it as much as you ladies do, they stress about it as well.
SO…I have a few tips to help both sexes get your body a little better, a little faster, before the beach.
1. Eat. Starving your body with one meal of rabbit food is not helping your body and it won’t last. Eat…but just eat smarter.
2. Eat at least 4 times a day to keep your body well nourished, and don’t eat at least an hour before bed. The goal is to not go more than 4 hours without eating something. Truth be told, if you wake up at night, a little protein won’t hurt the bod’.
3. Drink a full glass of water before you eat, drink while you are eating, and drink between meals.
4. Simple sugars like sweets need to be avoided at all cost. (My personal nemesis!)
5. Eat something for breakfast…don’t skip it. Your body just went all night and it needs the fuel. Change your thinking because it helps more than you think skipping it does.
6. Take a vitamin. If you must talk to the doc first do it, but a good vitamin will help your body work better.
7. Since most of us are trying to get lean, a diet between 2200-2500 calories a day is a good goal.
8. Portion control is essential. Eating slower and drinking (see #3) will help with this. You don’t have to eat everything on your plate.
9. The sooner you start changing your current pattern the quicker you will reach your goal.
10. YOU MUST do something to increase your daily activity i.e. get your heart rate up. Figure out what’s good for you and do it, do it, do it.
I don’t know your health situation, so I’m not going to get into starches, fruits & veggies, dairy, proteins, and fats today, but we will. However, I am definitely going to change a few things too because I have been eating like a mad man lately, and way too many pies have been in my diet if you know what I mean.
We’re in Florida so we need to keep our bodies healthy and beach ready at all times. Oh, and don’t be silly. If you need to talk to your doctor before starting a workout regimen…do it.
The Latest From 101.9 AMP Radio
- Bruno Mars, Ariana Grande, Backstreet Boys and More Light Up We Can Survive 2016
- Backstreet Boys Surprise Crowd at CBS Radio’s ‘We Can Survive’ Concert
- Lady Gaga Discusses Sonja, from Her Song ‘Grigio Girls’
- Play Show Tune Tuesdays & Win ‘Keeping Up With The Joneses’ Movie Passes
- Beat My Tweet To Win Yandel Tickets
- Play Battle Of The Hoods To Win Tickets To See Sia On Tour
- Listen To Win Tickets, Meet And Greets And Sound Check Party Passes To Alessia Cara
- Play “What’s In Jill’s Purse?!” To Win Tickets To See Kanye West
- Taylor Swift’s Cat is Keeping Her Awake
- Danie B Takes On Halloween Horror Nights Again