Rob Lowe Says He Knows Justin Bieber’s ‘Dark Secret’
It takes one teen heartthrob to truly identify with another. Such is the case with former teen idol Rob Lowe, who claims in a recent interview with Oprah that he knows Justin Bieber’s “dark secret.”
The 50-year-old Lowe, who found fame in films like St. Elmo’s Fire, The Outsiders and About Last Night, sat down to talk with Winfrey about his new book Love Life, but also chimed in on the Biebs.
“He makes really good music, he does, but I think he knows the dark secret, and the dark secret is 80 percent of his audience doesn’t give a s**t about the music. And he knows it. It bums him out,” he told Oprah. “They care about lemming-think, and their girlfriends and who’s oohing and aahing… It has nothing to do with what he’s doing as an artist. He is the guy who is standing in front at a moment that they’re going through a developmental thing. It’s natural, it’s all great, but if it wasn’t him, it would be somebody else, like it was me.”
Lowe, who ended up outlasting the teen stardom, also had his fair share of negative publicity. In 1988 a sex tape was released of Lowe with two women, one of whom was underage.
The Latest From AMP
- Miley Cyrus Says The Twerk Is So Last Year and Introduces The ‘Nae Nae’
- You Won’t Even Recognize Missy Elliott With Her Slim New Look!
- Meghan Trainor Almost Couldn’t Finish Her Debut Album After Going On Vocal Rest
- Iggy Azalea Responds to Divorce Claims On Twitter
- [PHOTOS] Busch Gardens Tampa Howl-O-Scream Zombies Invade 101.9 AMP Radio
- Mumford & Sons Back in the Studio for Third Album with Arctic Monkeys Producer James Ford
- Dillon Francis Remixes Deadmau5 Classic ‘Some Chords': Listen
- Paramount Acquires Rights to Steamy Fanfiction Starring Harry Styles
- Fall Out Boy Play Gladiators with Rick Ross in ‘Centuries’ Video: Watch
- Lena Dunham Says Taylor Swift’s New Bonus Track is Her ‘Someday Wedding Song’