It takes one teen heartthrob to truly identify with another. Such is the case with former teen idol Rob Lowe, who claims in a recent interview with Oprah that he knows Justin Bieber’s “dark secret.”
The 50-year-old Lowe, who found fame in films like St. Elmo’s Fire, The Outsiders and About Last Night, sat down to talk with Winfrey about his new book Love Life, but also chimed in on the Biebs.
“He makes really good music, he does, but I think he knows the dark secret, and the dark secret is 80 percent of his audience doesn’t give a s**t about the music. And he knows it. It bums him out,” he told Oprah. “They care about lemming-think, and their girlfriends and who’s oohing and aahing… It has nothing to do with what he’s doing as an artist. He is the guy who is standing in front at a moment that they’re going through a developmental thing. It’s natural, it’s all great, but if it wasn’t him, it would be somebody else, like it was me.”
Lowe, who ended up outlasting the teen stardom, also had his fair share of negative publicity. In 1988 a sex tape was released of Lowe with two women, one of whom was underage.
The Latest From AMP
- Girl Needs Emergency Surgery From Hair Tie On Wrist
- Cyber Monday Music Deals—From Taylor Swift to Queen, Save on CDs
- Adam Lambert Counters Anti-Gay Petition
- Listen to Sia’s New Track ‘One Million Bullets’
- Drake on Adele’s ‘Hotline Bling’ Remix Offer: “I’ll Do Anything with Adele”
- Erykah Badu Shades Iggy Azalea at Soul Train Music Awards: “What You’re Doing Is Definitely Not Rap”
- Chris Brown Pledges to Donate Portion of ‘Royalty’ Pre-Orders for Christmas
- Reality Check For 11/30/15: Adele Shatters Record, Cyber Monday Vs Black Friday, Celeb Baby Bump
- Register To Win Tickets To See Star Wars: The Force Awakens
- Beat My Tweet To Win Tickets To See Jack & Jack With Daya