It takes one teen heartthrob to truly identify with another. Such is the case with former teen idol Rob Lowe, who claims in a recent interview with Oprah that he knows Justin Bieber’s “dark secret.”
The 50-year-old Lowe, who found fame in films like St. Elmo’s Fire, The Outsiders and About Last Night, sat down to talk with Winfrey about his new book Love Life, but also chimed in on the Biebs.
“He makes really good music, he does, but I think he knows the dark secret, and the dark secret is 80 percent of his audience doesn’t give a s**t about the music. And he knows it. It bums him out,” he told Oprah. “They care about lemming-think, and their girlfriends and who’s oohing and aahing… It has nothing to do with what he’s doing as an artist. He is the guy who is standing in front at a moment that they’re going through a developmental thing. It’s natural, it’s all great, but if it wasn’t him, it would be somebody else, like it was me.”
Lowe, who ended up outlasting the teen stardom, also had his fair share of negative publicity. In 1988 a sex tape was released of Lowe with two women, one of whom was underage.
The Latest From AMP
- Avril Lavigne Named Most Dangerous Celebrity
- Eminem, Pharrell Among Celebs Donating Rare Sneakers for Hurricane Relief
- Bebe Rexha & Marc E. Bassy Reveal Joint Tour Dates
- 5 Ways To Help You Fall Asleep Faster
- Please Orlando, Hold Off On Flushing For A While
- Sia Shares ‘Rainbow’ Video Starring Maggie Ziegler
- Macklemore Taps Kesha for New Single ‘Good Old Days’
- Miley Cyrus Shares ‘Younger Now’ Album Tracklist
- Liam Payne and Zedd Hit the Streets of London for ‘Get Low’ Video
- Study: Women Prefer Bald Men