MLS bound Orlando City Soccer Lions dominated their final USL PRO season home opener against the Pittsburg Riverhounds but still ended the match with a 1-1 draw. The match was held in front of a lively crowd at the ESPN Wide World Of Sports, the temporary home of the Lions for the season before their inagural MSL season in 2015.
It was a perfect night for a soccer match and despite the fluid and high pressure play of the Lions, the Riverhounds took the lead in the 48th minute with what could have been viewed as a non call foul by the referee, allowing Jose Angulo to open the scoring. City continued their dominating play and were rewarded with an equalizing goal in the 58th minute from defender Luke Boden. Riverhound keeper hunter Gilstrap was injured during the play and replaced by backup Greg Blum.
Despite the seemingly unjust 1-1 draw, the season opener for Orlando City Soccer was dominating and positive. Orlando City SC’s next home match is against the Rochester Rhinos Saturday, April 5th, at ESPN Wide World of Sports, Walt Disney World. Go City! #MLS2015
The Latest From AMP
- Ariana Grande and Nicki Minaj’s “Side To Side” Certified Triple Platinum
- Aaron Carter Thinks He’ll End Up with a Woman
- Lorde Strips Down ‘Melodrama’ for Intimate Performance
- The Muppets Detail First-Ever Full-Length Live Shows
- Happy Birthday Joe Jonas
- Paramore’s Hayley Williams Plays John Lennon’s ‘Imagine’ on a Casio
- Rihanna Taps Calvin Harris for Third Annual Diamond Ball
- Britney Spears Also Loves ‘Mi Gente’ Song
- Ariana Grande Manchester Concert Bombing Victims to Receive $324K Each
- 5 Funny Roller Coaster Videos On ‘National Roller Coaster Day’