MLS bound Orlando City Soccer Lions dominated their final USL PRO season home opener against the Pittsburg Riverhounds but still ended the match with a 1-1 draw. The match was held in front of a lively crowd at the ESPN Wide World Of Sports, the temporary home of the Lions for the season before their inagural MSL season in 2015.
It was a perfect night for a soccer match and despite the fluid and high pressure play of the Lions, the Riverhounds took the lead in the 48th minute with what could have been viewed as a non call foul by the referee, allowing Jose Angulo to open the scoring. City continued their dominating play and were rewarded with an equalizing goal in the 58th minute from defender Luke Boden. Riverhound keeper hunter Gilstrap was injured during the play and replaced by backup Greg Blum.
Despite the seemingly unjust 1-1 draw, the season opener for Orlando City Soccer was dominating and positive. Orlando City SC’s next home match is against the Rochester Rhinos Saturday, April 5th, at ESPN Wide World of Sports, Walt Disney World. Go City! #MLS2015
The Latest From AMP
- Prince’s ‘Lets Go Crazy’ will Ring Out When Minnesota Wild Scores
- ‘Rihanna’s Next Single will be ‘Love on The Brain’
- Tyler the Creator Changes Dirty Twitter Handle
- Watch Teaser for Britney Spears ‘Carpool Karaoke’ Episode
- Daily Dish For 8.24.16
- [WATCH] Danie B Live With Jay Sean
- Justin Timberlake & Jessica Biel Have Lunch with Hillary Clinton
- ‘I Almost Passed on Katy Perry’: An Interview with Lava Records CEO Jason Flom
- The “So Gone Challenge” Makes It’s Way To The Alter
- The Song of the Summer 2016 Has Been Crowned