MLS bound Orlando City Soccer Lions dominated their final USL PRO season home opener against the Pittsburg Riverhounds but still ended the match with a 1-1 draw. The match was held in front of a lively crowd at the ESPN Wide World Of Sports, the temporary home of the Lions for the season before their inagural MSL season in 2015.
It was a perfect night for a soccer match and despite the fluid and high pressure play of the Lions, the Riverhounds took the lead in the 48th minute with what could have been viewed as a non call foul by the referee, allowing Jose Angulo to open the scoring. City continued their dominating play and were rewarded with an equalizing goal in the 58th minute from defender Luke Boden. Riverhound keeper hunter Gilstrap was injured during the play and replaced by backup Greg Blum.
Despite the seemingly unjust 1-1 draw, the season opener for Orlando City Soccer was dominating and positive. Orlando City SC’s next home match is against the Rochester Rhinos Saturday, April 5th, at ESPN Wide World of Sports, Walt Disney World. Go City! #MLS2015
The Latest From AMP
- Beat My Tweet To Win Charlie Puth Tickets
- Play Battle Of The Hoods To Win Tickets To Howl-O-Scream At Busch Gardens Tampa
- Guess That Show Tune To Win Charlie Puth Tickets
- Listen To Win Tickets To Madame Orlando, An Evening Of Hollywood Glam
- Play What’s In Jill’s Purse To Win Charlie Puth Tickets And $50 At Tapa Toro
- Astrid S Talks New Music And Breaking Into The US
- Adam Levine and Behati Prinsloo Welcome Baby Girl
- Jon Bellion on J. Dilla’s Influence and Being a ‘Very Sensitive Cat’
- Chris Brown’s Ordered To Have Supervised Visits With Daughter
- Shawn Mendes Pokes Fun of Jimmy Fallon on ‘The Tonight Show’