MLS Bound Orlando City Soccer Draw Home Opener At ESPN Wide World Of Sports
MLS bound Orlando City Soccer Lions dominated their final USL PRO season home opener against the Pittsburg Riverhounds but still ended the match with a 1-1 draw. The match was held in front of a lively crowd at the ESPN Wide World Of Sports, the temporary home of the Lions for the season before their inagural MSL season in 2015.
It was a perfect night for a soccer match and despite the fluid and high pressure play of the Lions, the Riverhounds took the lead in the 48th minute with what could have been viewed as a non call foul by the referee, allowing Jose Angulo to open the scoring. City continued their dominating play and were rewarded with an equalizing goal in the 58th minute from defender Luke Boden. Riverhound keeper hunter Gilstrap was injured during the play and replaced by backup Greg Blum.
Despite the seemingly unjust 1-1 draw, the season opener for Orlando City Soccer was dominating and positive. Orlando City SC’s next home match is against the Rochester Rhinos Saturday, April 5th, at ESPN Wide World of Sports, Walt Disney World. Go City! #MLS2015
The Latest From AMP
- Reality Check For 3/30/15: Zayn Malik going Solo, Taylor Swift and Calvin Harris, Destiny’s Child Reunite!
- Listen All Week Long To Win Tickets To See Insurgent
- Beat My Tweet For An AMP Concert Pack
- Download Pingo, Take Photos, Win Prizes From Your Favorite Arists
- War Gets Romantic in Vance Joy’s ‘Georgia’ Video: Watch
- Eminem Teases New Song in ‘Southpaw’ Trailer: Watch
- Ed Sheeran Gives Newly Married Couple Surprise of a Lifetime at Their Wedding: Watch
- Here’s Billy Zane Reading Tweets Meant for Zayn Malik
- Nicki Minaj & Meek Mill in Paris Are the Cutest Thing Ever
- Remember the Song Kendrick Lamar Played on ‘Colbert’? It’s Probably Not Coming Out