[VIDEO] Icona Pop On Music, Toilet Paper And Toothpaste
Before opening for Miley Cyrus on the Bangerz Tour, Caroline Hjelt and Aino Jawo of Icona Pop stopped by the 101.9 AMP Radio studios to participate in the 60 second quickfire question and answer game with Dustin Kross.
The questions came fast and furious. Toilet paper…over or under? Caroline went with over. Aino? Under. Toothpaste? The girls unanimously went with herbal (maybe it’s a Swedish thing). Favorite U.S. city for performing? Once again they agreed…Orlando (let’s hope they meant it and weren’t just trying to butter us up!)
But then things got a little off the 60 second track when the more serious topic of music came up. Favorite song to perform? “‘And Then We Kiss,’” was Aino’s immediate response, seconded by Caroline with, “Yes…love that one.” Dustin quickly reminded them that the Amway Center crowd was bound to go crazy once they began to perform “I Love It.” “We never get tired of that one,” Caroline added.
Coming together in 2008, Icona Pop have been performing as a band for a little over six years, but they’ll never forget the first time that they heard their music pumping through radio speakers. “It was like in the movies,” Caroline revealed. “It was crazy. We were in Vegas for the first time and we heard it for the first time on the strip.”
“The funny part,” said Aino, “is now when you hear your songs on the radio, I kind of get embarrased. When I’m at a party and they’re DJing our songs, I’m like trying to hide. And no one knows that it’s really me. Or else I’m really hyper [mock screaming], ‘This is our song!’”
Regarding Miley’s time spent during her show riding a giant hot dog, Dustin wanted to know if there were any type of food that played a part in their portion of the show. “We can’t really reveal what kind of food we’re coming in,” said Caroline, although, when asked about a food group, she did hint that it would involve a fruit.
Further on the subject of food, Dustin wanted to know if Swiss chocolate was that much different than American chocolate. “I don’t know,” commented Caroline, “because Swiss chocolate is from Switzerland.” “And this band is from Sweden,” added Aino, finishing her sentence like a perfect partner. “But Swedish candy is the best in the world…and Swedish boys…and girls…are gorgeous!”
I love it!
More From 101.9 AMP Radio
- Nick Jonas Grows Up on New Single ‘Chains’: Listen
- Justin Bieber Teased Tons of New Songs on Instagram Last Night, Including an EDM House Song: Listen
- Play It, Don’t Play It: Jessie J, Ariana Grande & Nicki Minaj “Bang Bang”
- Madonna, Diplo Rework ‘La Isla Bonita’ to Mention Major Lazer in Dub Plate Remix: Watch
- Katy Perry Does the Ultimate #tbt in Lyric Video for ‘This Is How We Do’: Watch
- It’s Britney, Britches! Britney Spears Announces Lingerie Line
- Trending: Katy Perry Releases “This Is How We Do” Lyric Video
- Questlove Defends Iggy Azalea, Calls ‘Fancy’ the Song of the Summer
- Beyoncé Strips Down ‘Crazy In Love’ For Steamy ‘Fifty Shades of Grey’ Trailer
- Busta Rhymes Leaves Cash Money Without Releasing a Record