Justin Bieber Does 50s Film Legend James Dean
It’s clear that he thinks of himself as a rebel, so it’s no surprise that Justin Bieber feels he has something in common with 50s film legend, and star of Rebel Without A Cause, James Dean.
Bieber took to Instagram over the weekend to demonstrate what he sees as his likeness to Dean by imitating one of the film star’s iconic poses.
If you’re not familiar with Dean, he became a huge star in the 50s, starting with the teen rebellion film Rebel Without A Cause. He only made two more films in his career, East of Eden and Giant. Toward the end of filming Giant in September of 1955, Dean died in a fiery car crash. He was only 24.
Let’s hope Bieber doesn’t chart the same course in his future!
Here’s Bieber’s take on the look. He wants to make it clear to fans that he doesn’t smoke (cigarettes) by saying, “Don’t ask me if I smoke ciggys cuz I don’t ♛”
And here’s the classic James Dean pose he’s trying to recreate.
What do you think? Is there a strong resemblance there?
The Latest From AMP
- Musicians Dress Up for Halloween 2014: See Their Costumes
- David Guetta Hits the Formula 1 Track in ‘Dangerous’ Video: Watch
- Nae Nae Dance Originators Tell Miley Cyrus She’s Doing it Wrong
- Interview: Bea Miller Dreams of Ed Sheeran, Nirvana, Non-Slutty Halloween Costumes
- Chris Brown Settles D.C. Assault Lawsuit
- Pharrell Teases New N.E.R.D. Album
- Nicki Minaj Drops ‘Pinkprint’ Teaser on Instagram: Watch
- Lorde Calls Kanye West Her ‘Idol,’ Discusses Their Awkward First Phone Call
- Kendrick Lamar Performs ‘i’ at LeBron James’ First Home Game in Cleveland: Watch
- New Music To Know: Dej Loaf Puts Detroit on the Map, Again