Justin Bieber Does 50s Film Legend James Dean
It’s clear that he thinks of himself as a rebel, so it’s no surprise that Justin Bieber feels he has something in common with 50s film legend, and star of Rebel Without A Cause, James Dean.
Bieber took to Instagram over the weekend to demonstrate what he sees as his likeness to Dean by imitating one of the film star’s iconic poses.
If you’re not familiar with Dean, he became a huge star in the 50s, starting with the teen rebellion film Rebel Without A Cause. He only made two more films in his career, East of Eden and Giant. Toward the end of filming Giant in September of 1955, Dean died in a fiery car crash. He was only 24.
Let’s hope Bieber doesn’t chart the same course in his future!
Here’s Bieber’s take on the look. He wants to make it clear to fans that he doesn’t smoke (cigarettes) by saying, “Don’t ask me if I smoke ciggys cuz I don’t ♛”
And here’s the classic James Dean pose he’s trying to recreate.
What do you think? Is there a strong resemblance there?
The Latest From AMP
- Ultra Music Festival in Miami Goes 18 and Over
- Usher Bringing ‘UR Experience’ Fall Tour To Amway Center In December
- Petition Asks TBS, Time Warner to Drop CeeLo Green’s Reality Show After Tweets About Consent
- Zedd Fronts Anti-Smoking Campaign for The Real Cost: Watch Acoustic ‘Stay the Night’ Performance
- Justin Bieber Arrested on Assault, Dangerous Driving Charges After ATV Accident
- Diplo, Skrillex Booed Off the Stage at Burning Man After Queuing Up ‘Turn Down for What’
- Chris Brown Pleads Guilty in D.C. Assault Case
- Jessie Ware Collaborates with Dev Hynes on ‘Want Your Feeling': Listen
- New Kanye West Song Snippets Appear on ‘Kardashians': Listen to ‘Awesome’
- Maroon 5 Bringing 2015 World Tour To Tampa