Justin Bieber Does 50s Film Legend James Dean
It’s clear that he thinks of himself as a rebel, so it’s no surprise that Justin Bieber feels he has something in common with 50s film legend, and star of Rebel Without A Cause, James Dean.
Bieber took to Instagram over the weekend to demonstrate what he sees as his likeness to Dean by imitating one of the film star’s iconic poses.
If you’re not familiar with Dean, he became a huge star in the 50s, starting with the teen rebellion film Rebel Without A Cause. He only made two more films in his career, East of Eden and Giant. Toward the end of filming Giant in September of 1955, Dean died in a fiery car crash. He was only 24.
Let’s hope Bieber doesn’t chart the same course in his future!
Here’s Bieber’s take on the look. He wants to make it clear to fans that he doesn’t smoke (cigarettes) by saying, “Don’t ask me if I smoke ciggys cuz I don’t ♛”
And here’s the classic James Dean pose he’s trying to recreate.
What do you think? Is there a strong resemblance there?
The Latest From AMP
- Calvin Harris Teases New Song with John Newman, ‘Blame': Listen
- Nico & Vinz Announce U.S. Debut Album ‘Black Star Elephant’
- Lil Jon Says ‘Bend Ova’ Lyrics Come from Watching YouTube, Wants to Host Game Shows
- Florida Georgia Line, Ed Sheeran ‘Both Want’ to Collaborate
- Beyoncé & Jay Z’s Cuba Anniversary Trip Deemed Legal By U.S. Government
- Lauryn Hill Dedicates Her Song ‘Black Rage’ to Ferguson: Listen
- Blood Orange’s Dev Hynes Speaks on Ferguson and Being Assaulted at Lollapalooza: Watch
- Flo Rida Teams with Sage the Gemini on Infectious New Song, ‘GDFR': Listen
- Trending: Fifth Harmony Want A VMA Really Bad…So Let’s Get Them One
- Watch Flosstradamus Connect with Fans in Short Film, ‘IRL': New Tour Dates Announced