Was Pharrell’s Hat The Biggest Thing At The GRAMMYs?
With the crazy viral popularity of Pharrell Williams’ hat during and after The GRAMMYs, it’s safe to say that the Vivienne Westwood oversized Fedora, which bore a striking resemblance to the hat worn by both Smokey the Bear and the Canadian Mounties, was the big winner of the night. It didn’t hurt that Williams himself walked away with four GRAMMYs…a win in every category for which he was nominated.
But it really turned out to be all about that hat…or at least, how creative people could get with it when they turned to social media to broadcast their witty take on it.
Probably the biggest winner would be Arby’s, who quickly saw the perfect tie-in with “the hat” and their legendary logo, and for that received a hilarious response from Williams himself.
— Pharrell Williams (@Pharrell) January 27, 2014
BuzzFeed took it one step further by giving a side-by-side comparison.
The Arby’s Twitter Account Totally Called Out Pharrell’s Insane Grammy’s Hat And It Was Awesome http://t.co/P76yLSEi2y
— BuzzFeed (@BuzzFeed) January 27, 2014
Comedian Wanda Sykes used the hat as a one liner.
Nightmare! Just like the scene from The Godfather. I’m in bed, something’s next to me. I throw back the covers…..It’s Pharrell’s HAT!
— Official Wanda Sykes (@iamwandasykes) January 27, 2014
People Magazine polled readers to find out what they REALLY thought of “the hat.”
— People magazine (@peoplemag) January 27, 2014
The hat itself even ended up with its own Twitter account by the time the night was over!
the hat trick pic.twitter.com/UzMlEv0qYl
— Pharrell’s Hat (@Pharrellhat) January 27, 2014
And a HUGE amount of people were ready to make a comparison between Williams’ hat and Harry Potter’s sorting hat.
Pharrell wore the sorting hat from Harry Potter to the Grammys. pic.twitter.com/dg8vjAv995
— Kris Sanchez (@KrisSanchez) January 27, 2014
So what did you think? Impressive fashion statement…or just stupid? Let us know your thoughts in the comments below.
The Latest From 1019
- Beyoncé Lands the Cover of TIME’s 100 Most Influential People Issue
- Avril Lavigne Responds to Claims That Her ‘Hello Kitty’ Video is Racist
- Hot Right Now: Divergent Stars Theo James And Shailene Woodley Dating?
- Lupita Nyong’o Named People Magazines “Most Beautiful”
- Why Was Justin Bieber Honoring Japanese Murderers?
- Cra Cra Story Of The Day: Woman Sues After Husband Killed By Swan!
- Play It Or Don’t Play It: R5 “(I Can’t) Forget About You”
- Contestant On The Bachelorette Dies In Accident
- The Funniest Thing You Will See Today
- Ryan Lewis, Mother Talk Her Battle with HIV, New 30/30 Project