Was Pharrell’s Hat The Biggest Thing At The GRAMMYs?
With the crazy viral popularity of Pharrell Williams’ hat during and after The GRAMMYs, it’s safe to say that the Vivienne Westwood oversized Fedora, which bore a striking resemblance to the hat worn by both Smokey the Bear and the Canadian Mounties, was the big winner of the night. It didn’t hurt that Williams himself walked away with four GRAMMYs…a win in every category for which he was nominated.
But it really turned out to be all about that hat…or at least, how creative people could get with it when they turned to social media to broadcast their witty take on it.
Probably the biggest winner would be Arby’s, who quickly saw the perfect tie-in with “the hat” and their legendary logo, and for that received a hilarious response from Williams himself.
— Pharrell Williams (@Pharrell) January 27, 2014
BuzzFeed took it one step further by giving a side-by-side comparison.
The Arby’s Twitter Account Totally Called Out Pharrell’s Insane Grammy’s Hat And It Was Awesome http://t.co/P76yLSEi2y
— BuzzFeed (@BuzzFeed) January 27, 2014
Comedian Wanda Sykes used the hat as a one liner.
Nightmare! Just like the scene from The Godfather. I’m in bed, something’s next to me. I throw back the covers…..It’s Pharrell’s HAT!
— Official Wanda Sykes (@iamwandasykes) January 27, 2014
People Magazine polled readers to find out what they REALLY thought of “the hat.”
— People magazine (@peoplemag) January 27, 2014
The hat itself even ended up with its own Twitter account by the time the night was over!
the hat trick pic.twitter.com/UzMlEv0qYl
— Pharrell’s Hat (@Pharrellhat) January 27, 2014
And a HUGE amount of people were ready to make a comparison between Williams’ hat and Harry Potter’s sorting hat.
Pharrell wore the sorting hat from Harry Potter to the Grammys. pic.twitter.com/dg8vjAv995
— Kris Sanchez (@KrisSanchez) January 27, 2014
So what did you think? Impressive fashion statement…or just stupid? Let us know your thoughts in the comments below.
The Latest From 1019
- Reality Check For 9/1/15: World’s Wealthiest Music Star, Tori Kelly Headlining Tour, DWTS New Cast Member
- Justin Timberlake is Making a Concert Film
- T-Pain will Move to Australia if Donald Trump Becomes President, Probably
- Behind The Scenes At The MTV VMAs
- To Deadmau5’s Delight, ‘We Are Your Friends’ Had One of the Worst Film Openings Ever
- The Weeknd Says Lana Del Rey is the ‘Girl in My Music’
- Kanye West and Travis Scott’s Release NSFW ‘P— On Your Grave’
- Five Reasons Kanye West Should Run for President Now, Bro!
- 5 Seconds Of Summer’s Ashton Irwin Chips His Tooth, While Drumming
- Robin Thicke: ‘ ‘I Can’t Feel My Face’ Is My Favorite Song of the Summer’