Was Pharrell’s Hat The Biggest Thing At The GRAMMYs?
With the crazy viral popularity of Pharrell Williams’ hat during and after The GRAMMYs, it’s safe to say that the Vivienne Westwood oversized Fedora, which bore a striking resemblance to the hat worn by both Smokey the Bear and the Canadian Mounties, was the big winner of the night. It didn’t hurt that Williams himself walked away with four GRAMMYs…a win in every category for which he was nominated.
But it really turned out to be all about that hat…or at least, how creative people could get with it when they turned to social media to broadcast their witty take on it.
Probably the biggest winner would be Arby’s, who quickly saw the perfect tie-in with “the hat” and their legendary logo, and for that received a hilarious response from Williams himself.
— Pharrell Williams (@Pharrell) January 27, 2014
BuzzFeed took it one step further by giving a side-by-side comparison.
The Arby’s Twitter Account Totally Called Out Pharrell’s Insane Grammy’s Hat And It Was Awesome http://t.co/P76yLSEi2y
— BuzzFeed (@BuzzFeed) January 27, 2014
Comedian Wanda Sykes used the hat as a one liner.
Nightmare! Just like the scene from The Godfather. I’m in bed, something’s next to me. I throw back the covers…..It’s Pharrell’s HAT!
— Official Wanda Sykes (@iamwandasykes) January 27, 2014
People Magazine polled readers to find out what they REALLY thought of “the hat.”
— People magazine (@peoplemag) January 27, 2014
The hat itself even ended up with its own Twitter account by the time the night was over!
the hat trick pic.twitter.com/UzMlEv0qYl
— Pharrell’s Hat (@Pharrellhat) January 27, 2014
And a HUGE amount of people were ready to make a comparison between Williams’ hat and Harry Potter’s sorting hat.
Pharrell wore the sorting hat from Harry Potter to the Grammys. pic.twitter.com/dg8vjAv995
— Kris Sanchez (@KrisSanchez) January 27, 2014
So what did you think? Impressive fashion statement…or just stupid? Let us know your thoughts in the comments below.
The Latest From 1019
- Musicians Dress Up for Halloween 2014: See Their Costumes
- David Guetta Hits the Formula 1 Track in ‘Dangerous’ Video: Watch
- Nae Nae Dance Originators Tell Miley Cyrus She’s Doing it Wrong
- Interview: Bea Miller Dreams of Ed Sheeran, Nirvana, Non-Slutty Halloween Costumes
- Chris Brown Settles D.C. Assault Lawsuit
- Pharrell Teases New N.E.R.D. Album
- Nicki Minaj Drops ‘Pinkprint’ Teaser on Instagram: Watch
- Lorde Calls Kanye West Her ‘Idol,’ Discusses Their Awkward First Phone Call
- Kendrick Lamar Performs ‘i’ at LeBron James’ First Home Game in Cleveland: Watch
- New Music To Know: Dej Loaf Puts Detroit on the Map, Again