In the words of Brooke Valentine, it’s about to be a GIRL FIGHT! For the first time in UFC history they will be holding an event at Orlando’s Amway Center, and two of the top women’s fighters in the organization will be squaring off in O Town.
The UFC on FOX event will take place on Saturday April 19, and the top two fights of the night have been announced a heavyweight battle between two of the top three heavyweights in the UFC; Travis Browne and Fabricio Werdum. The other is a top 10 women’s bantamweight fight with one of the most recognizable names in women’s MMA Miesha Tate, who is coming off coaching on UFC’s The Ultimate Fighter, who will be facing number seven ranked Liz Carmouche.
If you think the ladies can’t hold their own in the octagon, Tate’s last fight for the UFC Bantanweight Title won ‘Fight of the Night,’ honors at UFC 168. Tickets for the event go on sale to the general public on February 14, more info on UFC.com.
Follow Mean Jean on Twitter: @itsMeanJean
What’s new on 1019?
- Study: Snapchat And Instagram Are Toughest On Teens
- Katy Perry Paid Massive Amount to Judge American Idol
- Lana Del Rey Releases ‘Lust for Life’ Video with The Weeknd
- T.I. Hangs Out with ‘American Hero’ Racial Justice Activist
- Gymder: A Singles Workout App
- Survival Myths That Could Get You Killed
- Lady Gaga Honors Friend who Died from Cancer
- Travis Scott Breaks Record Performing ‘Goosebumps’ 15 Times in a Row
- Is Ed Sheeran Engaged to Cherry Seaborn?
- Celebrities React to the 2017 Billboard Music Awards