In the words of Brooke Valentine, it’s about to be a GIRL FIGHT! For the first time in UFC history they will be holding an event at Orlando’s Amway Center, and two of the top women’s fighters in the organization will be squaring off in O Town.
The UFC on FOX event will take place on Saturday April 19, and the top two fights of the night have been announced a heavyweight battle between two of the top three heavyweights in the UFC; Travis Browne and Fabricio Werdum. The other is a top 10 women’s bantamweight fight with one of the most recognizable names in women’s MMA Miesha Tate, who is coming off coaching on UFC’s The Ultimate Fighter, who will be facing number seven ranked Liz Carmouche.
If you think the ladies can’t hold their own in the octagon, Tate’s last fight for the UFC Bantanweight Title won ‘Fight of the Night,’ honors at UFC 168. Tickets for the event go on sale to the general public on February 14, more info on UFC.com.
Follow Mean Jean on Twitter: @itsMeanJean
What’s new on 1019?
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Alternate Death Scene
- Daily Dish 10.28.16
- OneRepublic on Working with Peter Gabriel on ‘Oh My My’
- Lady Gaga’s Isolated ‘SNL’ Vocals Show She’s in a League of Her Own
- 2 Chainz Announces New Mixtape ‘The Hibachi for Lunch’
- Nick Jonas Battle Raps Kevin Hart
- Learn To Think For Yourself & Do Your Research
- “That’s So Raven” Is Coming Back To Disney
- Miley Cyrus Dishes about Engagement Ring from Liam Hemsworth
- Jay Z Set to Play Cleveland on November 4th for Hillary Clinton