In the words of Brooke Valentine, it’s about to be a GIRL FIGHT! For the first time in UFC history they will be holding an event at Orlando’s Amway Center, and two of the top women’s fighters in the organization will be squaring off in O Town.
The UFC on FOX event will take place on Saturday April 19, and the top two fights of the night have been announced a heavyweight battle between two of the top three heavyweights in the UFC; Travis Browne and Fabricio Werdum. The other is a top 10 women’s bantamweight fight with one of the most recognizable names in women’s MMA Miesha Tate, who is coming off coaching on UFC’s The Ultimate Fighter, who will be facing number seven ranked Liz Carmouche.
If you think the ladies can’t hold their own in the octagon, Tate’s last fight for the UFC Bantanweight Title won ‘Fight of the Night,’ honors at UFC 168. Tickets for the event go on sale to the general public on February 14, more info on UFC.com.
Follow Mean Jean on Twitter: @itsMeanJean
What’s new on 1019?
- Register To Win Tickets To Meet ‘Pretty Little Liars’ Keegan Allen At The Southern Women’s Show
- Impact: Britney Spears Returns to ‘Glory’
- Happy National Waffle Day
- The Weeknd Previews New Music
- Ciara Signs On As Judge For Miss America Pageant
- Light The Town Pink With Orlando Health & 101.9 AMP Radio
- Drake and Kanye West’s ‘You Know, You Know’ Finally Surfaces
- Ariana Grande Teases ‘Side to Side’ Video Featuring Nicki Minaj
- CHVRCHES Cover Calvin Harris’ ‘This is What You Came For’
- [AUDIO/VIDEO] Chad And Actor Leslie Jordan Surprise Jill On-Air