In the words of Brooke Valentine, it’s about to be a GIRL FIGHT! For the first time in UFC history they will be holding an event at Orlando’s Amway Center, and two of the top women’s fighters in the organization will be squaring off in O Town.
The UFC on FOX event will take place on Saturday April 19, and the top two fights of the night have been announced a heavyweight battle between two of the top three heavyweights in the UFC; Travis Browne and Fabricio Werdum. The other is a top 10 women’s bantamweight fight with one of the most recognizable names in women’s MMA Miesha Tate, who is coming off coaching on UFC’s The Ultimate Fighter, who will be facing number seven ranked Liz Carmouche.
If you think the ladies can’t hold their own in the octagon, Tate’s last fight for the UFC Bantanweight Title won ‘Fight of the Night,’ honors at UFC 168. Tickets for the event go on sale to the general public on February 14, more info on UFC.com.
Follow Mean Jean on Twitter: @itsMeanJean
What’s new on 1019?
- Daya Announces Headlining Tour Dates
- Lady Gaga Shares ‘Joanne’ Title Inspiration
- PartyNextDoor & Jeremih Announce Fall Tour Dates
- Jose Fernandez Reunited With His Grandmother [VIDEO]
- MTV Brings Back ‘TRL’ for One Day to Register Young Voters
- Lil Wayne Married a Same Sex Couple in Jail
- Harry Styles Shares ‘Another Man’ Covers
- [PHOTOS] High School Takeover: Project Compass High
- Drake Releases Short Film ‘Please Forgive Me’
- Kanye West Surprises Crowd at Chance the Rapper’s Festival