There have been some big time diva duets over the years; from Brandy and Monica, to Whitney Houston and Mariah Carey, and more recently, Beyonce and Shakira. 2014 started the same place that 2013 left off…with a big time diva duet.
Lady Gaga and Christina Aguliera finished off 2013 with the remix of Gaga’s smash single “Do What U Want,” while 2014 started with the build to the release of Shakira and Rihanna‘s duet, “Can’t Remember to Forget You,” which was released yesterday.
With the two songs being released so closely to each other, the natural question to ask is, which one is better? The funky old school “Do What You Want,” or the pop rockish “Can’t Remember to Forget You?”
Take a listen and VOTE!
“Do What You Want,” (remix) Lady Gaga (ft. Christina Aguliera)
“Can’t Remember to Forget You,” Shakira (ft. Rihanna)
Even though I prefer the original of “Do What U Want,” to the remix, I’ll take Gaga and Xtina’s duet over Shak and Rih-Rih. What about you? Take the poll above and let me know or hit the comments below if you have more to say!
Follow Mean Jean on Twitter: @itsMeanJean
What’s new on 1019?
- 5 Best Songs on Future’s New Album ‘HNDRXX’
- Downtown Food And Wine Fest Survival Kit
- Kendrick Lamar Loves Nicki Minaj’s ‘Make Love” Verse
- Ariana Grande’s Charm is ‘Dangerous’ in New York City
- Deadmau5 Gives Free Download of Unreleased Tracks
- Jason Derulo Drops ‘Swalla’ Featuring Nicki Minaj & Ty Dolla $ign
- Justin Bieber Did Not Pee His Pants. Here’s What Happened.
- John Mayer Unpacks ‘The Search for Everything’ Wave 2
- Ice Cube: ‘The First Two Scripts I Wrote Were Wack; The Third One Was ‘Friday’”
- Paula Patton Accuses Robin Thicke of ‘Tampering’ with Court Order