We saw some real interesting collaborations in 2013; from Lady Gaga and R. Kelly, to Katy Perry and Juicy J., to Lady Gaga with T.I. and Twista. We it looks like 2014 is picking up right where 2013 left off, if a retweet from Rihanna is to be believed.
When Shakira signed to Jay Z‘s Roc Nation, it should have been expected to see some collaborations with some of the other artists on the label and that is exactly what will happen next Tuesday as her duet with Rihanna, “Can’t Remember to Forget,” will be released. There had been some talk about the two working together, a fan tweeted about the song being released this morning and that tweet has been retweeted over 1,800 times including by Rihanna herself.
— Javiяo (@Javiroo) January 6, 2014
This surely won’t be the first connection of Shakira to Roc Nation, as Shakira collaborated with Jay’s wife, Beyonce on “Beautiful Liar,” back in 2009.
Follow Mean Jean on Twitter: @itsMeanJean
What’s new on 1019?
- 5 Best Songs on Drake’s ‘Views’
- Drake’s ‘VIEWS’ Arrives
- Zedd & Kesha Drop Dr. Luke Approved ‘True Colors’
- Drake Drops ‘Views’, Hints at New Music this Summer
- Authorized Whitney Houston Documentary Underway
- Kanye West Made Aziz Ansari’s ‘Famous’ Spoof the Song’s Official Video
- Let Black Thought and the Roots Explain ‘Game of Thrones’ to You
- Calvin Harris Announces New Single ‘This Is What You Came For’ Ft. Rihanna
- DJ Khaled, Chance the Rapper Tease Collaboration
- Selena Gomez Joins Share-a-Coke Campaign