We saw some real interesting collaborations in 2013; from Lady Gaga and R. Kelly, to Katy Perry and Juicy J., to Lady Gaga with T.I. and Twista. We it looks like 2014 is picking up right where 2013 left off, if a retweet from Rihanna is to be believed.
When Shakira signed to Jay Z‘s Roc Nation, it should have been expected to see some collaborations with some of the other artists on the label and that is exactly what will happen next Tuesday as her duet with Rihanna, “Can’t Remember to Forget,” will be released. There had been some talk about the two working together, a fan tweeted about the song being released this morning and that tweet has been retweeted over 1,800 times including by Rihanna herself.
— Javiяo (@Javiroo) January 6, 2014
This surely won’t be the first connection of Shakira to Roc Nation, as Shakira collaborated with Jay’s wife, Beyonce on “Beautiful Liar,” back in 2009.
Follow Mean Jean on Twitter: @itsMeanJean
What’s new on 1019?
- Backstreet Boys Asked To Perform For Inauguration
- Kanye West Adds Musical Power to New ‘Power Rangers’ Trailer
- Kanye West Not ‘Traditionally American’ Enough for Trump Inauguration
- Alanis Morissette’s Manager Admits to Stealing Nearly $5 Million
- Sign Up for ‘Politics of Kanye West’ Course at Washington University
- Kesha Opens Up about ‘Devastating’ Dr. Luke Lawsuit
- Janelle Monáe, Maxwell, More to Perform at Women’s March on Washington
- Fifth Harmony Perform, Win ‘Favorite Group’ at People’s Choice Awards
- Alanis Morissette and James Corden Re-Did ” IRONIC” For Today’s Problems And It’s Hillarious
- Model Posts “Realistic” Picture Of What She Looks Like Most Of The Time And It’s Amazing