We saw some real interesting collaborations in 2013; from Lady Gaga and R. Kelly, to Katy Perry and Juicy J., to Lady Gaga with T.I. and Twista. We it looks like 2014 is picking up right where 2013 left off, if a retweet from Rihanna is to be believed.
When Shakira signed to Jay Z‘s Roc Nation, it should have been expected to see some collaborations with some of the other artists on the label and that is exactly what will happen next Tuesday as her duet with Rihanna, “Can’t Remember to Forget,” will be released. There had been some talk about the two working together, a fan tweeted about the song being released this morning and that tweet has been retweeted over 1,800 times including by Rihanna herself.
— Javiяo (@Javiroo) January 6, 2014
This surely won’t be the first connection of Shakira to Roc Nation, as Shakira collaborated with Jay’s wife, Beyonce on “Beautiful Liar,” back in 2009.
Follow Mean Jean on Twitter: @itsMeanJean
What’s new on 1019?
- Register To Win Tickets To See Mac Miller
- 6 Tips For Bringing A Date To Thanksgiving
- Adele’s “Hello” In 25 Different Styles!
- Kylie Jenner Denies Tyga Breakup Rumors
- Film Your Own ‘Hotline Bling’ Video in Toronto
- SeaWorld’s “Blue Friday” Includes BOGO Annual Passes
- 2 Chainz Debuts Ugly Christmas Sweater Line & ‘BFF’ Music Video
- 6 Drake Collaborations We’d Like to See on ‘Views From the 6’
- Swizz Beatz Reveals Secret Message from Barack Obama, Plays KRS One Snippet
- Beyoncé to Launch New Clothing Line with Top Shop Owner Philip Green