We saw some real interesting collaborations in 2013; from Lady Gaga and R. Kelly, to Katy Perry and Juicy J., to Lady Gaga with T.I. and Twista. We it looks like 2014 is picking up right where 2013 left off, if a retweet from Rihanna is to be believed.
When Shakira signed to Jay Z‘s Roc Nation, it should have been expected to see some collaborations with some of the other artists on the label and that is exactly what will happen next Tuesday as her duet with Rihanna, “Can’t Remember to Forget,” will be released. There had been some talk about the two working together, a fan tweeted about the song being released this morning and that tweet has been retweeted over 1,800 times including by Rihanna herself.
— Javiяo (@Javiroo) January 6, 2014
This surely won’t be the first connection of Shakira to Roc Nation, as Shakira collaborated with Jay’s wife, Beyonce on “Beautiful Liar,” back in 2009.
Follow Mean Jean on Twitter: @itsMeanJean
What’s new on 1019?
- 5 Best Songs on Future’s New Album ‘HNDRXX’
- Downtown Food And Wine Fest Survival Kit
- Kendrick Lamar Loves Nicki Minaj’s ‘Make Love” Verse
- Ariana Grande’s Charm is ‘Dangerous’ in New York City
- Deadmau5 Gives Free Download of Unreleased Tracks
- Jason Derulo Drops ‘Swalla’ Featuring Nicki Minaj & Ty Dolla $ign
- Justin Bieber Did Not Pee His Pants. Here’s What Happened.
- John Mayer Unpacks ‘The Search for Everything’ Wave 2
- Ice Cube: ‘The First Two Scripts I Wrote Were Wack; The Third One Was ‘Friday’”
- Paula Patton Accuses Robin Thicke of ‘Tampering’ with Court Order