We saw some real interesting collaborations in 2013; from Lady Gaga and R. Kelly, to Katy Perry and Juicy J., to Lady Gaga with T.I. and Twista. We it looks like 2014 is picking up right where 2013 left off, if a retweet from Rihanna is to be believed.
When Shakira signed to Jay Z‘s Roc Nation, it should have been expected to see some collaborations with some of the other artists on the label and that is exactly what will happen next Tuesday as her duet with Rihanna, “Can’t Remember to Forget,” will be released. There had been some talk about the two working together, a fan tweeted about the song being released this morning and that tweet has been retweeted over 1,800 times including by Rihanna herself.
— Javiяo (@Javiroo) January 6, 2014
This surely won’t be the first connection of Shakira to Roc Nation, as Shakira collaborated with Jay’s wife, Beyonce on “Beautiful Liar,” back in 2009.
Follow Mean Jean on Twitter: @itsMeanJean
What’s new on 1019?
- Sabrina Carpenter Announces Summer Tour Dates
- Taylor Swift Critiqued by Animated Pets
- Lana Del Rey Taps Stevie Nicks for New Track: Report
- Katy Perry’s New Single ‘Bon Appétit’ Features Migos
- Katy Perry, Haim & LCD Soundsystem Set for ‘Saturday Night Live’
- Kylie Jenner And Travis Scott Spotted Together … Again
- Timehop and Facebook Stories Are Humbling Apps
- Join 101.9 AMP Radio For The 2017 Orlando Fringe Festival
- Ed Sheeran Spends Time with Terminally Ill 6-Year-Old Fan
- Drake World’s Most Popular Artist, Has Award to Prove It