James Avery, Star of ‘Fresh Prince of Bel Air,’ Dies at 65
A saddened New Years for the family and friends of actor James Avery. He was best known for his role as Uncle Phil on the Fresh Prince Of Bel Air which show starred Will Smith and helped launch Smith’s career into stardom! Uncle Phil used to tell it like it is on the show and like me, you probably loved his character for the stern teddy bear he was. It’s a good night when you catch a re-run of the show!
James Avery died at 65 on New Years Eve due to complications from open heart surgery.
Read more at CBS Los Angeles.
What’s New On JAMZ
- Renee Zellweger’s New Face
- Taylor Swift is Your Tour Guide in ‘Welcome to New York’
- Watch Taylor Swift’s Visit with the Naked Chef, ‘Shake It Off’ Parody ‘Bake It Off’
- Lorde Tags Chemical Brothers, Miguel for ‘Hunger Games’ Song ‘This is Not a Game': Listen
- [PHOTOS] 101.9 AMP Radio Enjoys The Taste Of Maitland
- Lorde’s ‘Hunger Games’ Soundtrack to Feature Kanye West, Charli XCX, Tinashé
- Drake & iLoveMakonnen Make the Club Go Up in ‘Tuesday’ Video
- HAHA! Nicki Minaj Falls Asleep 4 Times During 1 Interview
- Steele Probably Won’t Be Attempting This Again!
- Jason Derulo Says He’ll Definitely Write Songs About His Breakup with Jordin Sparks