A saddened New Years for the family and friends of actor James Avery. He was best known for his role as Uncle Phil on the Fresh Prince Of Bel Air which show starred Will Smith and helped launch Smith’s career into stardom! Uncle Phil used to tell it like it is on the show and like me, you probably loved his character for the stern teddy bear he was. It’s a good night when you catch a re-run of the show!
James Avery died at 65 on New Years Eve due to complications from open heart surgery.
Read more at CBS Los Angeles.
What’s New On JAMZ
- The Chainsmokers Drop ‘Closer’ Featuring Halsey: Listen
- Katy Perry Sings ‘Rise’ and ‘Roar’ at DNC
- Keshia Knight Pullium Speaks On Husband Blindsiding Her With Divorce and Paternity Test
- MTV Classic to Launch Aug 1 with Focus on 90s
- JoJo, Wiz Khalifa Collaborate on ‘F— Apologies’
- Ice Cube Revamps ‘Hollywood Squares’ as Hip-Hop Game Show
- Frozen Rosé Is The Newest Wine Craze
- Zayn Malik on Leaving One Direction: ‘It Didn’t Feel Brave’
- Kesha Talks Dr. Luke Lawsuit, Gun Control at Post-DNC Event
- M.I.A. Calls MTV Video Music Awards ‘Racist, Classist, Elitist’