James Avery, Star of ‘Fresh Prince of Bel Air,’ Dies at 65
A saddened New Years for the family and friends of actor James Avery. He was best known for his role as Uncle Phil on the Fresh Prince Of Bel Air which show starred Will Smith and helped launch Smith’s career into stardom! Uncle Phil used to tell it like it is on the show and like me, you probably loved his character for the stern teddy bear he was. It’s a good night when you catch a re-run of the show!
James Avery died at 65 on New Years Eve due to complications from open heart surgery.
Read more at CBS Los Angeles.
What’s New On JAMZ
- Dunkin Donuts To Offer Free Small Iced Coffee On March 9th
- Kanye West Debuts New Track ‘Why U Mad?’ Featuring Vic Mensa: Watch
- Taylor Swift Grants Last Wish of 4-Year-Old Fan with Terminal Cancer
- Arrest Made in Fatal Stabbing of Nicki Minaj’s Road Crew Member
- Reality Check for 3/4/15: Carrie Underwood’s New Baby, Katy Perry And The NFL, Best Video Snapchat Resume
- Kid Cudi Shares Outtake Track ‘love.': Listen
- Joseph Gordon-Levitt Releases First Photo As Edward Snowden in Oliver Stone Film
- Vince Vaughn & the Cast of ‘Unfinished Business’ Deliver Funny and Free Stock Photos
- ‘Call Me Maybe’ Actually Made It Hard for Carly Rae Jepsen to Get Someone’s Number
- Big Sean Recruits Drake & Kanye West to Count Their Many ‘Blessings’ in New Video: Watch