James Avery, Star of ‘Fresh Prince of Bel Air,’ Dies at 65
A saddened New Years for the family and friends of actor James Avery. He was best known for his role as Uncle Phil on the Fresh Prince Of Bel Air which show starred Will Smith and helped launch Smith’s career into stardom! Uncle Phil used to tell it like it is on the show and like me, you probably loved his character for the stern teddy bear he was. It’s a good night when you catch a re-run of the show!
James Avery died at 65 on New Years Eve due to complications from open heart surgery.
Read more at CBS Los Angeles.
What’s New On JAMZ
- Spooky TV Shows Are On the Rise: 5 To Watch Out For
- Beastie Boys’ Adam Horovitz Gives Advice to Teenagers
- Honda Pulls April Fools Prank with Selfie Car
- Mulder Sings? David Duchovny Sets Release Date for Debut Album ‘Hell or Highwater’
- Justin Bieber Scrapped a Whole Album, Is Working on New One with Kanye West, Rick Rubin
- Madonna: Calling TIDAL the llluminati Is ‘the Highest of Compliments’
- Did Louis Tomlinson Diss Zayn Malik at a Recent Show?
- Watch the First Episode of Hayley Williams’ New Beauty Web Series ‘Kiss Off’
- Ed Sheeran Reveals Late Summer U.S. Tour Dates
- Fashion Find Of The Week: DSW Studded Rust Sandals