A saddened New Years for the family and friends of actor James Avery. He was best known for his role as Uncle Phil on the Fresh Prince Of Bel Air which show starred Will Smith and helped launch Smith’s career into stardom! Uncle Phil used to tell it like it is on the show and like me, you probably loved his character for the stern teddy bear he was. It’s a good night when you catch a re-run of the show!
James Avery died at 65 on New Years Eve due to complications from open heart surgery.
Read more at CBS Los Angeles.
What’s New On JAMZ
- Vic Mensa to Join JAY-Z on ‘4:44’ Tour Dates
- Logic’s ‘1-800-273-8255’ Gets Seal of Approval from Tommy Tutone
- Taylor Swift Meets Her Multiple Selves in New Behind the Scenes Clip
- Jay-Z May Have Turned Down Headlining Super Bowl
- Ty Dolla $ign Announces ‘Beach House 3’ Release Date with 2 New Songs
- Did Jay-Z Turn Down a Super Bowl Halftime Performance?
- These Princess Dress Blankets Are Everything
- Wiz Khalifa, French Montana To Star in ‘The After Party’
- Migos’ Offset Honors Grandmother with $500K Cancer Research Campaign
- Celebs Show Love For Puerto Rico And Mexico On Social Media After Devastating Earthquake And Hurricane