So this tradition works in 2 parts. I wanted to share with you what I do every year with my family and it’s the perfect beginning and ending for every holiday season.
I came up with this tradition when I left my boyfriend (now my husband) a letter that I kissed and forgot to give him and I found it the next year by mistake mixed in with our Christmas decorations. We read it while putting up the tree and a new tradition was born. The letter expressed things I hoped to happen for us in the next year and I was surprised to see how much had happened that year including us getting engaged!
Now that Christmas is over you may be planning out when you will take down your Christmas Tree.
When you do, have your family write down on fancy letter head or a nice journal some dreams, wishes, or prayers you hope will happen by the next Christmas season. For example, I want to visit New York-I hope my daughter Mia will speak a few words by spring! It’s kind of like yearly time capsule or vision board. Keeping a journal can help you look back on what you wrote years ago. At first I was just writing it on the plastic bags I stored sections of my artificial tree in.
Store it away with your Christmas ornaments so you won’t peek during the year, and next year when you’re ready to trim your tree with your family, you take turns to read what you wrote! Since it started with a kiss I call it our Christmas Besitos Tradition. Of course-what else would I call it!!!
It’s always fun and endearing to see what you wrote, and it’s another great way to capture some memories for your kids. One year I remember writing, by this time next year, Melinda will know her abc’s. Not only did she know them but she already knew how to spell her long name! You can go crazy and think big and sometimes its even funny to read how my hubby swore we would win the lotto in 2013!! Well the year isn’t over yet so who knows! Enjoy! Happy Holidays and many blessing for the New Year in 2014 from everyone at the Perez-idence!
What’s New On AMP
- AMP Fringe Pick 5.28.17: Fringe Family Feud
- Play ‘Show Tune Tuesdays’ To Win Fandago Movie Passes
- Win CityWalk Party Passes For AMPlified Saturdays At The Groove
- Play ‘What’s In Jill’s Purse’ To See Enrique Iglesias & Pitbull Live!
- Battle It Out For Chance The Rapper Tickets
- ‘Beat My Tweet’ To Win Fandango Movie Passes
- Watch Lil Yachty Start a Food Fight
- Exclusive: Selena Gomez Denies Collaborating with The Weeknd on New Music
- Post Malone Finally Meets Allen Iverson
- Ariana Grande Posts Heartfelt Letter to Bombing Victims, Plans Benefit Concert