MTV has released the list of their top 10 artists of 2013, and the woman who assisted in a new word “twerk” being added to the dictionary, Miley Cyrus, has been named their ‘Artist of the Year.’ The list is made up almost exclusively of some of your favorite JAMZ artists including; Justin Timberlake, Bruno Mars, and Lorde just to name a few.
MTV’s Top 10 Artists of 2013:
- Miley Cyrus
- Macklemore & Ryan Lewis
- Justin Timberlake
- Kanye West
- One Direction
- Katy Perry
- Bruno Mars
- Lady Gaga
MTV even went as far as naming Miley the new “queen of pop:”
In hindsight, it seems ridiculous that we spent so much time focusing on the supposed “a-POP-calyptic” showdown between Katy Perry and Lady Gaga. Miley came in like a Wrecking Ball, declaring her independence and dominating the pop-culture landscape. Whether it was the tongue, the twerk-tastic VMA performance or the Terry photo shoot, there’s no denying there was a method to Miley’s madness, the kind that could only be orchestrated by a 21-year-old who’s been in the business for nearly a decade. She schooled — and shocked — us all in 2013, and did so on her own terms. All hail the new Queen of Pop.
While they did put together a solid list, I do think a few artists should be switched around, and definitely think Justin Timberlake should’ve been #1. JT had two number one albums, highest selling album, and countless top 10 singles, but I do see where MTV can make a case for Miley. What do you think about the list? Hit me up and let me know!
Follow Mean Jean on Twitter: @itsMeanJean
- Come Join Chad & Jill For The “Circus” Of Fun At The Coca-Cola Orlando Eye
- Nicki Minaj Celebrates Birthday with Meek Mill in Paradise
- [Photos] Chad & Jill Live at the Coca-Cola Orlando Eye
- Congress Passes Act to Fight Online Scalping
- French Montana: Kanye’s ‘Doing Great’
- Justin Bieber Has Most Views on Vevo in 2016, 1.8 Billion
- Louis Tomlinson’s Mother Dies from Leukemia
- Wyclef Jean and Young Thug Share ‘I Swear’ Video
- Vic Mensa Freestyles ‘Heathens’ about Chicago Gun Violence
- Taylor Swift, Zayn Malik Collaborate on ‘I Don’t Wanna Live Forever’