‘The Voice’ Artists Tessanne Chin, Matthew Schuler Cover Katy Perry, One Direction
The fifth season of The Voice is coming to a close in two weeks and last night the top 6 artists each performed two songs; one chosen by their coaches and one as a dedication.
Two of the artists, Tessanne Chin and Matthew Schuler, both dedicated songs by two of our favorite JAMZ artists Katy Perry‘s “Unconditionally,” and One Direction‘s “Story of My Life,” both to their parents respectively.
Tessanne’s performance got her some recognition on Twitter from two artists who know a thing or two about performing on televised singing competitions; Kelly Clarkson (who is performing on tonight’s episode of the show) and Adam Lambert.
So I just saw the best vocal performance ever on @NBCTheVoice ….holy crap Tessanne can sing! Beautiful, just beautiful! And classy!
— Kelly Clarkson (@kelly_clarkson) December 3, 2013
Tessanne Chin betta SAAAAAAANG
— Adam Lambert (@adamlambert) December 3, 2013
Schuler took on 1D’s latest hit single “Story of My Life.”
Both artist did an amazing job, but the praise that Tessanne has been constantly receiving during the season is crazy, I am openly rooting for her and believe that she has big time star potential.
Follow Mean Jean on Twitter: @itsMeanJean
- Pharrell and United Nations Foundation Team Up for International Day of Happiness 2014
- Ke$ha Is Feeling Better and Ready to Make Music
- Musicians + Sports: American Authors on Baseball, the Red Sox and Kanye West’s Aquatic Calling
- Win A Gift Certificate For ‘Antojito’s Authenic Mexican Food’ At Universal CityWalk ®
- [PHOTOS] 1019 AMP Radio Switch Party With Rixton
- Steve Aoki ‘Cakes’ Dog Whisperer Cesar Millan After Emergency Pooch Training
- Tiesto, Hardwell, Calvin Harris & Steve Angello Lead Electric Daisy Carnival NY 2014 Lineup
- Jennifer Lopez’s Drops New Single, ‘I Luh Ya Papi’ Featuring French Montana
- Skrillex & Boys Noize Go Interstellar for New Dog Blood Video ‘Chella Ride’
- New Study Finds That Some People Are Incapable of Enjoying Music