‘The Voice’ Artists Tessanne Chin, Matthew Schuler Cover Katy Perry, One Direction
The fifth season of The Voice is coming to a close in two weeks and last night the top 6 artists each performed two songs; one chosen by their coaches and one as a dedication.
Two of the artists, Tessanne Chin and Matthew Schuler, both dedicated songs by two of our favorite JAMZ artists Katy Perry‘s “Unconditionally,” and One Direction‘s “Story of My Life,” both to their parents respectively.
Tessanne’s performance got her some recognition on Twitter from two artists who know a thing or two about performing on televised singing competitions; Kelly Clarkson (who is performing on tonight’s episode of the show) and Adam Lambert.
So I just saw the best vocal performance ever on @NBCTheVoice ….holy crap Tessanne can sing! Beautiful, just beautiful! And classy!
— Kelly Clarkson (@kelly_clarkson) December 3, 2013
Tessanne Chin betta SAAAAAAANG
— Adam Lambert (@adamlambert) December 3, 2013
Schuler took on 1D’s latest hit single “Story of My Life.”
Both artist did an amazing job, but the praise that Tessanne has been constantly receiving during the season is crazy, I am openly rooting for her and believe that she has big time star potential.
Follow Mean Jean on Twitter: @itsMeanJean
- Win Tickets to See Walk The Moon
- Jamie Foxx Announces New Album ‘Hollywood’
- Pitbull’s Next Album Is Called ‘Dale’ & Everything Is Right with the World
- Kanye West Got Served at LAX—& Threw the Papers Out the Window
- Win a Trip to See Mumford & Sons in NYC: Play Pingo
- Wanna Be Fall Out Boy’s Assistant for a Day? Their ‘Uma Thurman’ Video May (or May Not) Deter You
- Want Jay Z or Jack White to Call You? Subscribe to TIDAL
- New Music to Know: LunchMoney Lewis Wants To Make Your Life More Fun
- A$AP Rocky Threatened to Punch a Guy at a London Bagel Shop, But He’s Over It
- Chris Brown Shows Off His New Baby Daughter: See the Photo