‘The Voice’ Artists Tessanne Chin, Matthew Schuler Cover Katy Perry, One Direction
The fifth season of The Voice is coming to a close in two weeks and last night the top 6 artists each performed two songs; one chosen by their coaches and one as a dedication.
Two of the artists, Tessanne Chin and Matthew Schuler, both dedicated songs by two of our favorite JAMZ artists Katy Perry‘s “Unconditionally,” and One Direction‘s “Story of My Life,” both to their parents respectively.
Tessanne’s performance got her some recognition on Twitter from two artists who know a thing or two about performing on televised singing competitions; Kelly Clarkson (who is performing on tonight’s episode of the show) and Adam Lambert.
So I just saw the best vocal performance ever on @NBCTheVoice ….holy crap Tessanne can sing! Beautiful, just beautiful! And classy!
— Kelly Clarkson (@kelly_clarkson) December 3, 2013
Tessanne Chin betta SAAAAAAANG
— Adam Lambert (@adamlambert) December 3, 2013
Schuler took on 1D’s latest hit single “Story of My Life.”
Both artist did an amazing job, but the praise that Tessanne has been constantly receiving during the season is crazy, I am openly rooting for her and believe that she has big time star potential.
Follow Mean Jean on Twitter: @itsMeanJean
- How Kanye West Will Handle Presidential Debates
- Panera Bread Baking Pink Ribbon Bagels For Breast Cancer Awareness Month
- Lil’ Wayne Sees Visions of Tupac in New ‘Pour Up’ Song
- Watch Justin Bieber Discuss His One Direction Conspiracy Theory
- One Direction’s Liam Payne “Shoves” Louis Tomlinson During Concert
- Reality Check For 10/6/15: Will Smith Rapping Again, $3 Boorito at Chipotle, General Mills Cereal Recall
- Listen to this Amazing Drake/Danzig Mash-Up
- Kesha’s Mom Calls Out Silent Artists
- Justin Bieber & Floyd Mayweather do Karaoke, Just Like You
- Tupac ‘Thug Life’ Letter Up for Auction