‘The Voice’ Artists Tessanne Chin, Matthew Schuler Cover Katy Perry, One Direction
The fifth season of The Voice is coming to a close in two weeks and last night the top 6 artists each performed two songs; one chosen by their coaches and one as a dedication.
Two of the artists, Tessanne Chin and Matthew Schuler, both dedicated songs by two of our favorite JAMZ artists Katy Perry‘s “Unconditionally,” and One Direction‘s “Story of My Life,” both to their parents respectively.
Tessanne’s performance got her some recognition on Twitter from two artists who know a thing or two about performing on televised singing competitions; Kelly Clarkson (who is performing on tonight’s episode of the show) and Adam Lambert.
So I just saw the best vocal performance ever on @NBCTheVoice ….holy crap Tessanne can sing! Beautiful, just beautiful! And classy!
— Kelly Clarkson (@kelly_clarkson) December 3, 2013
Tessanne Chin betta SAAAAAAANG
— Adam Lambert (@adamlambert) December 3, 2013
Schuler took on 1D’s latest hit single “Story of My Life.”
Both artist did an amazing job, but the praise that Tessanne has been constantly receiving during the season is crazy, I am openly rooting for her and believe that she has big time star potential.
Follow Mean Jean on Twitter: @itsMeanJean
- Ed Sheeran Lands Role In ‘Sons Of Anarchy’ Creator’s Latest Medieval Drama
- Bobby Brown Releases Statement about Bobbi Kristina Brown’s Death
- Kelly Clarkson Covers Taylor Swift’s ‘Blank Space’
- Kanye Throws Mic and Storms Off Stage at Pan Am Games
- Fashion Find Of The Week: Silver Cuff Bracelet From Charlotte Russe
- Play It Don’t Play It: Austin Mahone “Dirty Work”
- Meek Mill Premieres ‘All Eyes on You’ Video with Nicki Minaj and Chris Brown
- Avril Lavigne Performs For The First Time In Year, Debuts New Single ‘Fly’ At Special Olympics
- Kanye to Caitlyn Jenner: ‘You Couldn’t Have Been Up Against More’
- Taylor Swift Drags Left Shark Into Her Feud With Katy Perry