‘The Voice’ Artists Tessanne Chin, Matthew Schuler Cover Katy Perry, One Direction
The fifth season of The Voice is coming to a close in two weeks and last night the top 6 artists each performed two songs; one chosen by their coaches and one as a dedication.
Two of the artists, Tessanne Chin and Matthew Schuler, both dedicated songs by two of our favorite JAMZ artists Katy Perry‘s “Unconditionally,” and One Direction‘s “Story of My Life,” both to their parents respectively.
Tessanne’s performance got her some recognition on Twitter from two artists who know a thing or two about performing on televised singing competitions; Kelly Clarkson (who is performing on tonight’s episode of the show) and Adam Lambert.
So I just saw the best vocal performance ever on @NBCTheVoice ….holy crap Tessanne can sing! Beautiful, just beautiful! And classy!
— Kelly Clarkson (@kelly_clarkson) December 3, 2013
Tessanne Chin betta SAAAAAAANG
— Adam Lambert (@adamlambert) December 3, 2013
Schuler took on 1D’s latest hit single “Story of My Life.”
Both artist did an amazing job, but the praise that Tessanne has been constantly receiving during the season is crazy, I am openly rooting for her and believe that she has big time star potential.
Follow Mean Jean on Twitter: @itsMeanJean
- First Times: Nick Jonas
- Meet One Direction’s New Member Ray
- Rihanna’s New ‘Rogue’ Fragrance Meant to Smell Like Falling in Love
- Fifth Harmony Are On Their Silhouette Game in ‘Sledgehammer’ Video: Watch
- Fifth Harmony’s Normani Chats With Dustin About “Threading,” Reflection, And Upcoming Tour
- Macklemore Marched in Seattle with Ferguson Protesters: Watch
- Dej Loaf Debuts ‘Try Me’ With Help From The Roots on ‘Tonight Show': Watch
- Ariana Grande’s Sexy Act is ‘Ridiculous,’ According to Bette Midler
- Killer Mike Breaks Down on Stage In St. Louis After Ferguson Decision: ‘Riots Are Only the Language of the Unheard’
- Ferguson Verdict: Darren Wilson Not Charged, Musicians React on Social Media