‘The Voice’ Artists Tessanne Chin, Matthew Schuler Cover Katy Perry, One Direction
The fifth season of The Voice is coming to a close in two weeks and last night the top 6 artists each performed two songs; one chosen by their coaches and one as a dedication.
Two of the artists, Tessanne Chin and Matthew Schuler, both dedicated songs by two of our favorite JAMZ artists Katy Perry‘s “Unconditionally,” and One Direction‘s “Story of My Life,” both to their parents respectively.
Tessanne’s performance got her some recognition on Twitter from two artists who know a thing or two about performing on televised singing competitions; Kelly Clarkson (who is performing on tonight’s episode of the show) and Adam Lambert.
So I just saw the best vocal performance ever on @NBCTheVoice ….holy crap Tessanne can sing! Beautiful, just beautiful! And classy!
— Kelly Clarkson (@kelly_clarkson) December 3, 2013
Tessanne Chin betta SAAAAAAANG
— Adam Lambert (@adamlambert) December 3, 2013
Schuler took on 1D’s latest hit single “Story of My Life.”
Both artist did an amazing job, but the praise that Tessanne has been constantly receiving during the season is crazy, I am openly rooting for her and believe that she has big time star potential.
Follow Mean Jean on Twitter: @itsMeanJean
- Musicians Dress Up for Halloween 2014: See Their Costumes
- David Guetta Hits the Formula 1 Track in ‘Dangerous’ Video: Watch
- Nae Nae Dance Originators Tell Miley Cyrus She’s Doing it Wrong
- Interview: Bea Miller Dreams of Ed Sheeran, Nirvana, Non-Slutty Halloween Costumes
- Chris Brown Settles D.C. Assault Lawsuit
- Pharrell Teases New N.E.R.D. Album
- Nicki Minaj Drops ‘Pinkprint’ Teaser on Instagram: Watch
- Lorde Calls Kanye West Her ‘Idol,’ Discusses Their Awkward First Phone Call
- Kendrick Lamar Performs ‘i’ at LeBron James’ First Home Game in Cleveland: Watch
- New Music To Know: Dej Loaf Puts Detroit on the Map, Again