Orlando City Soccer To Join The MLS In 2015
The announcement is official, and Major League Soccer is heading to “the city beautiful.”
Last night Dan Gerber (the commissioner of the MLS), governor Rick Scott, Orange County mayor Teresa Jacobs, and Orlando mayor Buddy Dyer were all on hand at the Church Street Station in downtown Orlando as the announcement was made official that the Orlando City Lions will join the MLS in 2015.
The team will get a new downtown stadium ahead of their 2015 entry into the MLS, and the team may soon have an in state rival as Lebron James is currently in negotiations with David Beckham to bring an MLS team to Miami. I’m for anything that brings jobs, excitement, and national attention to our city, so congratulations to Orlando City for making it to the big leagues.
Follow Mean Jean on Twitter: @itsMeanJean
- The Ten Happiest Countries On Earth
- Nicki Minaj Teases Ariana Grande & Jessie J Superstar Collaboration ‘Bang Bang’: Listen
- Pitbull Announces New Album ‘Globalization’: Listen to New Single ‘Fireball’
- Jay Pharoah of ‘SNL’ Parodies Usher with Cautionary Tale About Not Flossing, ‘Bad Kisser’: Watch
- R5 Can Prove Their Pop-Rock Prowess on the Stage
- T.I. Denies Rumors He’s a Ghostwriter for Iggy Azalea
- Pharrell Snagged Miley Cyrus for ‘Come Get It Bae’ Video: Watch
- See Beyoncé Channel ‘Rosie the Riveter’ on Instagram
- Weird Al’s ‘Mandatory Fun’ is His First No. 1 Album
- Charli XCX Talks Slip Dresses and Boob Love for Style Files