The announcement is official, and Major League Soccer is heading to “the city beautiful.”
Last night Dan Gerber (the commissioner of the MLS), governor Rick Scott, Orange County mayor Teresa Jacobs, and Orlando mayor Buddy Dyer were all on hand at the Church Street Station in downtown Orlando as the announcement was made official that the Orlando City Lions will join the MLS in 2015.
The team will get a new downtown stadium ahead of their 2015 entry into the MLS, and the team may soon have an in state rival as Lebron James is currently in negotiations with David Beckham to bring an MLS team to Miami. I’m for anything that brings jobs, excitement, and national attention to our city, so congratulations to Orlando City for making it to the big leagues.
Follow Mean Jean on Twitter: @itsMeanJean
- Amber Rose and Val Chmerkovskiy Caught On Kiss Cam
- T.I. Pens Open Letter To President Elect Donald Trump
- Drake Approves of Sasha Obama’s Fashion Choices
- Mike Tyson’s Drops Full Soulja Boy Diss Track ‘If You Show Up’
- Happy Birthday Betty White!
- Chance the Rapper, Alicia Keys, Diddy, More Recreate ‘I Have a Dream’
- Daily Dish For 1.17.17
- Selena Gomez is All Smiles in New Studio Clips
- Watch a Seven Year Old Filipina Nail Taylor Swift Impersonation
- Listen To Win Tickets To Leu Garden’s Dinosaur Invasion