The announcement is official, and Major League Soccer is heading to “the city beautiful.”
Last night Dan Gerber (the commissioner of the MLS), governor Rick Scott, Orange County mayor Teresa Jacobs, and Orlando mayor Buddy Dyer were all on hand at the Church Street Station in downtown Orlando as the announcement was made official that the Orlando City Lions will join the MLS in 2015.
The team will get a new downtown stadium ahead of their 2015 entry into the MLS, and the team may soon have an in state rival as Lebron James is currently in negotiations with David Beckham to bring an MLS team to Miami. I’m for anything that brings jobs, excitement, and national attention to our city, so congratulations to Orlando City for making it to the big leagues.
Follow Mean Jean on Twitter: @itsMeanJean
- Listen To Win Tickets To The “Power 96 Holiday Throwback” Show
- ‘Beat My Tweet’ To Win Tickets To See The Roots At House Of Blues
- ‘AMP’ Up Your Holiday Cheer At Universal Orlando™ Resort
- Play “What’s In Jill’s Purse?!” To Win Tickets To Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey® Presents Circus XTREME
- Play ‘Show Tune Tuesdays’ To Win $100 To Bonefish Grill
- Win Tickets To See The Rock Hard Male Revue
- Play Battle Of The Hoods To Win EBH2 Tickets And FunkyEyes.com Contacts!
- Shawn Mendes, Maren Morris & Chance the Rapper to Perform on ‘Saturday Night Live’
- No, J Cole Did Not Diss Kanye
- Donald Glover Is The Genius Everybody Ignores