The announcement is official, and Major League Soccer is heading to “the city beautiful.”
Last night Dan Gerber (the commissioner of the MLS), governor Rick Scott, Orange County mayor Teresa Jacobs, and Orlando mayor Buddy Dyer were all on hand at the Church Street Station in downtown Orlando as the announcement was made official that the Orlando City Lions will join the MLS in 2015.
The team will get a new downtown stadium ahead of their 2015 entry into the MLS, and the team may soon have an in state rival as Lebron James is currently in negotiations with David Beckham to bring an MLS team to Miami. I’m for anything that brings jobs, excitement, and national attention to our city, so congratulations to Orlando City for making it to the big leagues.
Follow Mean Jean on Twitter: @itsMeanJean
- Iggy Azalea Responds to Halsey’s Diss: ‘I Don’t Know Her’
- Justin Bieber Calls Drake ‘Best of Our Generation’
- Bruno Mars & David Guetta Drop ‘Versace on The Floor’ Remix
- Watch Taylor Swift Congratulate Russell Westbrook on NBA MVP
- Nick Jonas Debuts ‘Remember I Told You’ Video with Anne-Marie, Mike Posner
- Drake Stars as Stephen Curry in ‘Get Out’ Parody
- Rihanna, Chance the Rapper and Katy Perry Named Internet’s Most Influential
- This 4th Of July Nail Tutorial Is A Must Watch
- Shakira Announces El Dorado World Tour
- Millions Believe Chocolate Milk Comes From Brown Cows