Orlando City Soccer To Join The MLS In 2015
The announcement is official, and Major League Soccer is heading to “the city beautiful.”
Last night Dan Gerber (the commissioner of the MLS), governor Rick Scott, Orange County mayor Teresa Jacobs, and Orlando mayor Buddy Dyer were all on hand at the Church Street Station in downtown Orlando as the announcement was made official that the Orlando City Lions will join the MLS in 2015.
The team will get a new downtown stadium ahead of their 2015 entry into the MLS, and the team may soon have an in state rival as Lebron James is currently in negotiations with David Beckham to bring an MLS team to Miami. I’m for anything that brings jobs, excitement, and national attention to our city, so congratulations to Orlando City for making it to the big leagues.
Follow Mean Jean on Twitter: @itsMeanJean
- Ariana Grande Wants You to Drink More WAT-AAH!: See The Photos
- Mary Lambert Does One Mic, One Take Version of ‘So Far Away’ [Premiere]
- Kendrick Lamar & Flying Lotus Help Raise The Dead in ‘Never Catch Me’ Video: Watch
- Mary J. Blige Turns Up the Dance Floor Heat with New Single, ‘Nobody But You': Listen
- Lana Del Rey Song to Be Sung by Jessica Lange on ‘American Horror Story: Freak Show’
- Krewella Respond to Rain Man’s $5M Lawsuit: ‘There are Two Sides to Every Story’
- Trending: Mila Kunis And Ashton Kutcher Welcome Baby Girl!
- Maroon 5’s ‘Animals’ Video Deemed ‘Dangerous’ by the Rape, Abuse and Incest National Network
- Jay Z-Solange Elevator Fight Recreated on ‘Law & Order: SVU’ Episode
- Puff Daddy Raves About Former Girlfriend Jennifer Lopez’s Booty