The announcement is official, and Major League Soccer is heading to “the city beautiful.”
Last night Dan Gerber (the commissioner of the MLS), governor Rick Scott, Orange County mayor Teresa Jacobs, and Orlando mayor Buddy Dyer were all on hand at the Church Street Station in downtown Orlando as the announcement was made official that the Orlando City Lions will join the MLS in 2015.
The team will get a new downtown stadium ahead of their 2015 entry into the MLS, and the team may soon have an in state rival as Lebron James is currently in negotiations with David Beckham to bring an MLS team to Miami. I’m for anything that brings jobs, excitement, and national attention to our city, so congratulations to Orlando City for making it to the big leagues.
Follow Mean Jean on Twitter: @itsMeanJean
- Artists Send Love to London after Parliament Attack
- Drake’s Latest Tattoo is a Portrait of an Iconic R&B Singer
- Lindsay Lohan Is Returning To TV
- Teenage Boy and Reddit Stump SCOTUS Nominee
- Rupert Grint Really is Ed Sheeran
- Cosmetic Tattoos Are Beauty’s New Trend
- Drake’s Toronto Mansion is Massive
- 5 Celebrities We All Want To Workout With
- You Can Use A Hard Boiled Egg To Apply Your Makeup
- Watch Beauty Bloggers Transformation Into Taylor Swift