Orlando City Soccer To Join The MLS In 2015
The announcement is official, and Major League Soccer is heading to “the city beautiful.”
Last night Dan Gerber (the commissioner of the MLS), governor Rick Scott, Orange County mayor Teresa Jacobs, and Orlando mayor Buddy Dyer were all on hand at the Church Street Station in downtown Orlando as the announcement was made official that the Orlando City Lions will join the MLS in 2015.
The team will get a new downtown stadium ahead of their 2015 entry into the MLS, and the team may soon have an in state rival as Lebron James is currently in negotiations with David Beckham to bring an MLS team to Miami. I’m for anything that brings jobs, excitement, and national attention to our city, so congratulations to Orlando City for making it to the big leagues.
Follow Mean Jean on Twitter: @itsMeanJean
- Sisqo Returns with Waka Flocka Flame: Listen to ‘A-List’
- James Blake Drops Weird New Track ‘200 Press’
- Riff Raff Offers His Take On Nicki Minaj’s ‘Anaconda': Listen
- Diplo Recounts Getting ‘Super Weird’ With Madonna in the Studio Recording Her New Album
- Kid Cudi: What’s Lupe Fiasco Doing with the Money from His Personalized Verses?
- Chris Brown is Moving On in New Song ‘X': Listen
- Juicy J, Nicki Minaj, Young Thug & Lil Bibby Party It Up in ‘Low’ Video: Watch
- The Real Reason Mariah Carey And Nick Cannon Are Separated
- Jeremiah’s Italian Ice Visits 101.9 AMP RADIO
- Score Tickets To Rock Hard Male Revue Every Day With Jill!