I am a HUGE fan of NBC’s The Voice, and my favorite part of the show is when the artists perform unexpected songs and put their own twist on them. This is exactly what happened last night as Team Blake‘s Cole Vosbury was given “Adorn,” by Miguel to perform in his second performance in the live shows.
Vosbury, the same guy who chose to perform “Movin’ on Up,” (the theme song to the Jefferson’s TV show from the 70s) for his blind audition took the song and really made it his own. I thought he did an awesome job, and the obvious reason is because he clearly wasn’t going to sound like Miguel so instead of trying to mimic what Miguel does, he was able to turn it into something new and fresh sounding.
— Mean Jean (@itsMeanJean) November 12, 2013
Follow Mean Jean on Twitter: @itsMeanJean
- AMPlified Saturdays At The Groove At Universal CityWalk®
- Play Show Tune Tuesdays to win Daniel Tosh tickets!
- Win Your Passes To The Advance Screening Of Marvel Studio’s Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol 2
- Play What’s In Jill’s Purse To Win $100 To Qdoba
- Play Battle Of The Hoods To Win Tickets To See Enrique Iglesias And Pitbull