Did you Know Lung Cancer doesn’t really have any early detection symptoms until it’s in a late stage? The good news, it is possible to survive Lung Cancer, something I was not even aware of. I just thought this was a cancer you could not escape from. I had never heard nor met a lung cancer survivor. Not until I had the joy of meeting Joan Tashbar, who I met last year the first time when she was on Real Talk, your community show on 102 Jamz which airs every Sunday Morning between 6am-7am.
Joan explains to me that Lung Cancer is the least funded cancer for research. There’s an ugly stigma associated with lung cancer. You smoked, now you have cancer and deserve to die, oh well. She explains that this is the reason why it is so difficult to get sponsors and funding for research in comparison to those who think pink, but even breast cancer can be a result from smoking. “Smoking contributes to all kinds of cancer” says Tashbar.
During the program I also learned that the 2nd highest cause of lung cancer comes from an odorless and colorless gas that’s in the ground called Raydon. You can purchase a testing kit at your local Home Depot or Lowes and they will instruct you what to do if you find your home test positive for high levels of raydon.
The Free To Breath Event is on November 16 at Moss Park in Orlando. Each dollar raised goes towards vital lung cancer research, awareness, education and advocacy!
Registration is 7am. CLICK HERE for all the details!
Besitos to you,
What’s New On JAMZ
- Enter To Win Two General Admission Tickets To Participate In The Insane Inflatable 5K
- Taylor Swift Hosts Fan-Only ‘Reputation’ Playback at Rhode Island Home
- Snoop Dogg Debuts ‘Make America Crip Again’
- 5 Easy Meals For People On The Go
- Post Malone Talks “Rockstar” With Danie B
- Watch Chance the Rapper Unbox His GRAMMY Awards with Young Daughter
- Kelly Clarkson Debuts New Track ‘Meaning of Life’
- Katy Perry Got Stuck On a Floating Prop at Her Nashville Show: Watch
- Charlie Puth Can’t Stop Dancing in ‘How Long’ Music Video
- Taylor Swift Teases New Single ‘Gorgeous’