Have you ever been bullied? Bullying can have a major effect on our kids in the community as it did just weeks ago when we lost a precious 12-year-old girl, Rebecca Sedwick from Lakeland who committed suicide after being cyber bullied by former classmates. Although Rebecca changed schools to avoid the bullying, it continued via social media by more than a dozen girls.
On your community show Real Talk which airs every Sunday morning between 6am-7am I spoke to Ahmad Rashad from Once In Manhood about bullying and he spoke on how he was bullied as a kid as well. He also mentioned that he became somewhat of a bully because he thought it was the cool thing to do, after he mentioned that he grew up in Detroit. No matter where you’re from, a tough city like Detroit or a more suburban town like Lakeland, bullying is a major issue and now affects us via social media like Facebook and Twitter.
If you are being bullied please speak up and tell someone you trust….anyone!!!
CLICK HERE to check out the other cities and dates!
Besitos To You,
Lizzette Perez <—— Twitter
What’s New On JAMZ
- Win A Pair Of Tickets To See Katt Williams
- Play What’s In Jill’s Purse To Win Tickets To The Downtown Food And Wine Fest
- Beat My Tweet To Win Tickets To See Jack & Jack With Daya
- R5 On Stage At Dr. Phillips Center
- [PHOTOS] R5 Soundcheck Meet And Greet
- R5 Sound Check & Meet ‘n Greet
- LL Cool J Talks GRAMMYs, Kendrick Lamar and Rock Hall
- Dr. Dre to Star in Apple’s First Scripted Series ‘Vital Signs’
- Ticket Tag Thursday Starring The Chainsmokers
- Adele Shares ‘Vogue’ Cover