October 2nd is World CP Day
Calling all inventors, October 2nd is the 2nd Annual World CP Day. Cerebral Palsy is a physical disability that affects movement and posture. It’s the most common physical disability in childhood and can affect different parts of the body and affects 17 million people worldwide. World CP Day encourages Ideas for changes that may help people who deal with life with Cerebral Palsy. There’s a great prize to get your invention out there as you invent for a great cause! Details HERE!
You may or may not know, my twins Mia & Maya born as micro preemies at 24 weeks. Both of my daughter have Cerebral Palsy. It’s been a challenging journey having two children with disabilities, especially as a working mom but it’s all the reason why my work here as PSA Director on 102 Jamz is so important to me. My family constanty faces new challenges on a daily basis and it’s comforting to know there’s organizations in our community that help families like mine.
No matter who it benefits, a furry friend at a nearby humane society, our veterans or those battling and illness I encourage you to find a cause you love and do something to help. My goal at 102 Jamz is to help get the community more involved and help getting the word out is a great start. Whenever you see these great stories and causes on our website please share on facebook and twitter!
Make sure you catch Real Talk this Sunday morning from 6am-7am. For the second time, I will be interviewing some local kids (one who has CP) from Lake Mary Preparatory about an event they began last year to benefit CP research efforts and UCP of Seminole County. The Lake Scary 5k run/walk sponsored by 102 Jamz will be held on October 26, 2013 at Lake Mary Prep and promises to be a fun family event with music, prizes, food and fun! More details here on our website soon! I will be co-hosting the even so we hope to meet you there! CLICK HERE to learn more about these amazing students and listen to last years interview!
Besitos To You,
What’s New On JAMZ
- Beat My Tweet For Tickets To Universal Orlando’s® 25th Anniversary Concert Series: Pitbull
- Win Tickets To Insidious: Chapter 3 Advance Screening
- Win Tickets To One Magical Weekend’s Riptide
- Is Kanye West Saying ‘All Day’ or ‘Audi’?
- The Persuasions Say Jamie xx Didn’t Ask to Use Sample on New Song, Later Denied
- Lady Gaga Is a Blonde Again: See Her New Look
- Diplo, OG Maco, Riff Raff & CL Join Will Have You Repeating ‘Dr. Pepper’ Over and Over: Listen
- ‘Southpaw’ Soundtrack Executive Produced by Eminem, Features New Song ‘Phenomenal’
- Avicii’s ‘Waiting for Love’ Gets a Beautifully Animated Lyric Video
- Wiz Khalifa Is Releasing a ‘Rolling Papers 2′