Miley Cyrus knows exactly what she’s doing when she wakes up in the morning and hatches and idea to twerk her way into the spotlight.
“You’re always gonna make people talk, you might as well make em’ talk for two weeks rather than two seconds,” Miley said in her MTV Documentary trailer.
All the controversy surrounding her now infamous VMA performance and completely nude video for “Wrecking Ball” has paid off.
In an industry where any press is good press, Miley is strategically placing herself in the headlines to gain momentum going into the release of her new album, Bangerz.
Also gearing up for a huge record release is Katy Perry who spent two weeks at number one after dethroning Robin Thicke‘s “Blurred Lines.”
Katy’s new album PRISM is slated for an early October release, and two tracks from the album have been released, “Roar” her 8th straight number one, and “Dark Horse”, a fan voted single.
She’ll release “Walking On Air” at the end of September.
Women control the top 3 this week, with 16-year-old New Zealand success story, Lorde taking the number 3 spot with “Royals.”
Catch all 3 songs on 102 JAMZ!
- Daily Dish For 7.20.17
- Kesha: My Mom Was Dumping Buckets of Glitter on My Boobs
- Watch The Script Read Sexy Lines from ’50 Shades Darker’
- Jada Pinkett Smith was a Drug Dealer when She Met Tupac Shakur
- Danie B Movie Review: “Girls Trip”
- Tyler, the Creator Drops New Track ‘I Ain’t Got Time!’
- Ed Sheeran Says He Didn’t Quit Twitter Over ‘Game of Thrones’
- Julia Michaels Announces New Album ‘Nervous System’
- Future and Ciara’s Son Featured in Gap Kids Ad Campaign
- Monica Lewinsky Praises JAY-Z’s Male Vulnerability on ‘4:44’