Miley Cyrus knows exactly what she’s doing when she wakes up in the morning and hatches and idea to twerk her way into the spotlight.
“You’re always gonna make people talk, you might as well make em’ talk for two weeks rather than two seconds,” Miley said in her MTV Documentary trailer.
All the controversy surrounding her now infamous VMA performance and completely nude video for “Wrecking Ball” has paid off.
In an industry where any press is good press, Miley is strategically placing herself in the headlines to gain momentum going into the release of her new album, Bangerz.
Also gearing up for a huge record release is Katy Perry who spent two weeks at number one after dethroning Robin Thicke‘s “Blurred Lines.”
Katy’s new album PRISM is slated for an early October release, and two tracks from the album have been released, “Roar” her 8th straight number one, and “Dark Horse”, a fan voted single.
She’ll release “Walking On Air” at the end of September.
Women control the top 3 this week, with 16-year-old New Zealand success story, Lorde taking the number 3 spot with “Royals.”
Catch all 3 songs on 102 JAMZ!
- The Weeknd Unveils ‘Spring Icons’ Fashion Line
- Future Plans on Dropping Another New Album on Friday: Report
- The Game Claims Meek Mill was Involved in Nicki Minaj’s House Burglary
- Watch Sara Bareilles Cover Joni Mitchell for Oscars’ In Memoriam Segment
- Oxford Dictionary’s New Words
- Mayor Buddy Dyer Talks “Heroes In Blue” Benefit With Chad & Jill
- Lorde Teases New Single and Release Date
- Chance the Rapper Buys Out Screening of ‘Get Out’ for Fans
- Adele Congratulates Emma Stone, ‘Moonlight’ after Oscars Win
- Daily Dish For 2.27.17