Miley Cyrus Swings Into Top Spot On Billboard Chart With “Wrecking Ball”
Miley Cyrus knows exactly what she’s doing when she wakes up in the morning and hatches and idea to twerk her way into the spotlight.
“You’re always gonna make people talk, you might as well make em’ talk for two weeks rather than two seconds,” Miley said in her MTV Documentary trailer.
All the controversy surrounding her now infamous VMA performance and completely nude video for “Wrecking Ball” has paid off.
In an industry where any press is good press, Miley is strategically placing herself in the headlines to gain momentum going into the release of her new album, Bangerz.
Also gearing up for a huge record release is Katy Perry who spent two weeks at number one after dethroning Robin Thicke‘s “Blurred Lines.”
Katy’s new album PRISM is slated for an early October release, and two tracks from the album have been released, “Roar” her 8th straight number one, and “Dark Horse”, a fan voted single.
She’ll release “Walking On Air” at the end of September.
Women control the top 3 this week, with 16-year-old New Zealand success story, Lorde taking the number 3 spot with “Royals.”
Catch all 3 songs on 102 JAMZ!
- Deadmau5 Trolls Justin Bieber, Diplo & Skrillex with Parody Remix of ‘Where Are Ü Now’
- Did Rihanna Enact a Real Revenge Fantasy In the ‘BBHHM’ Video?
- Katherine Heigl and Alexis Bledel Star in Lesbian Love Story ‘Jenny’s Wedding': Watch
- You Will be Watching Music Videos Through Facebook Very Soon
- The New ‘Wet Hot American Summer’ Series Looks Funny and Very Twisted: Watch the Trailer
- 13 Patriotic TV Shows to Watch Over 4th of July Weekend
- Rihanna’s Sexual, Violent ‘BBHMM’ Video is Very NSFW
- Beyoncé Recreates ‘7/11′ Video to Celebrate Gay Marriage Equality
- Enter Keyword To Win Ed Sheeran Tickets
- Prince Removes Music From All Streaming Services Except TIDAL