Miley Cyrus Swings Into Top Spot On Billboard Chart With “Wrecking Ball”
Miley Cyrus knows exactly what she’s doing when she wakes up in the morning and hatches and idea to twerk her way into the spotlight.
“You’re always gonna make people talk, you might as well make em’ talk for two weeks rather than two seconds,” Miley said in her MTV Documentary trailer.
All the controversy surrounding her now infamous VMA performance and completely nude video for “Wrecking Ball” has paid off.
In an industry where any press is good press, Miley is strategically placing herself in the headlines to gain momentum going into the release of her new album, Bangerz.
Also gearing up for a huge record release is Katy Perry who spent two weeks at number one after dethroning Robin Thicke‘s “Blurred Lines.”
Katy’s new album PRISM is slated for an early October release, and two tracks from the album have been released, “Roar” her 8th straight number one, and “Dark Horse”, a fan voted single.
She’ll release “Walking On Air” at the end of September.
Women control the top 3 this week, with 16-year-old New Zealand success story, Lorde taking the number 3 spot with “Royals.”
Catch all 3 songs on 102 JAMZ!
- The Clue that Lady Gaga Was Coming to American Horror Story
- Music For Cats is a Real Thing
- Kim Kardashian’s Got Blonde Ambition: See the Photo of Her Newly Platinum Hair
- A Double Date with Madonna & Sean Penn in the ’80s Included Pee Wee Herman, According to Mike Tyson
- Guilty Pleasures, Ed Sheeran & the History of the Doughnut with Rixton
- Rock in Rio USA Adds Big Sean, Smallpools, EDM Stages, More
- Boosie Fan Knocked Out While Trying to Get Onstage: Watch
- T.I. Confirms ‘ATL 2′ Is Filming
- Jeff Goldblum, Liam Hemsworth to Star in ‘Independence Day 2′
- New Avengers Trailer: Here’s What We Learned