Miley Cyrus Swings Into Top Spot On Billboard Chart With “Wrecking Ball”
Miley Cyrus knows exactly what she’s doing when she wakes up in the morning and hatches and idea to twerk her way into the spotlight.
“You’re always gonna make people talk, you might as well make em’ talk for two weeks rather than two seconds,” Miley said in her MTV Documentary trailer.
All the controversy surrounding her now infamous VMA performance and completely nude video for “Wrecking Ball” has paid off.
In an industry where any press is good press, Miley is strategically placing herself in the headlines to gain momentum going into the release of her new album, Bangerz.
Also gearing up for a huge record release is Katy Perry who spent two weeks at number one after dethroning Robin Thicke‘s “Blurred Lines.”
Katy’s new album PRISM is slated for an early October release, and two tracks from the album have been released, “Roar” her 8th straight number one, and “Dark Horse”, a fan voted single.
She’ll release “Walking On Air” at the end of September.
Women control the top 3 this week, with 16-year-old New Zealand success story, Lorde taking the number 3 spot with “Royals.”
Catch all 3 songs on 102 JAMZ!
- Which ‘Walking Dead’ Character Has the Most Kills?
- Common Loses Commencement Speech Over Cop Killer Song
- Trooper Reprimanded, Needs Counseling for Taking Picture with Snoop Dogg
- [PHOTOS] Tori Kelly’s LA Connect Green Room Performance
- Lana Del Rey Announces Brief Summer Tour with Grimes
- Avril Lavigne Reveals Her Mystery Illness: Lyme Disease
- This Is How Beyonce & Blue Ivy Floss
- Pharrell, Cara Delevingne Perform ‘CC the World’ at Chanel Show: Watch
- YouTube’s April Fools’ Music Prank Will Blow Your Mind
- iZombie Recap: Episode 3, ‘The Exterminator’