U.S. News has just released their 2014 rankings of the best colleges and universities in the country. While Princeton and Harvard topped the list when it came to national universities (noted as schools emphasizing research and offering bachelor’s, master’s and Ph.D. programs), a local university topped the list when it came to regional universities.
Rollins College, in Winter Park, tied for the #1 place in southern regional universities, sharing the honor with North Carolina’s Elon University.
The distinction of a regional university includes schools who “offer a full range of undergrad programs and some master’s programs but few doctoral programs.”
Rollins is cited for having 76.9 percent of its classes containing fewer than 20 students, and an overall student-faculty ratio of 10:1. The 2013-2014 average tuition for Rollins College was $41,460 with an enrollment of 1,884.
Click here to see the rest of the schools that made the U.S. News rankings.
- Daily Dish For 5.25.17
- Win A Barbecue Grill Courtesy Of Hellmann’s This Memorial Day!
- Zayn Malik’s Sophomore Album Has ‘More Optimistic Tone’
- How A Rihanna Meme Led To A Real-life Netflix Movie
- Justin Bieber Tackles Kendrick Lamar’s ‘Humble’
- Kim Kardashian Wishes Kanye West a Happy Anniversary
- Ariana Grande Officially Suspends Dangerous Woman Tour Dates
- Nicki Minaj won’t ‘Operate in Fear’ after Manchester Bombing
- Nick Jonas Decides to Convey Positivity on New Music
- Supreme to Release Special Michael Jackson Collection