Rollins College Ranks #1 In Southern Regional Universities
U.S. News has just released their 2014 rankings of the best colleges and universities in the country. While Princeton and Harvard topped the list when it came to national universities (noted as schools emphasizing research and offering bachelor’s, master’s and Ph.D. programs), a local university topped the list when it came to regional universities.
Rollins College, in Winter Park, tied for the #1 place in southern regional universities, sharing the honor with North Carolina’s Elon University.
The distinction of a regional university includes schools who “offer a full range of undergrad programs and some master’s programs but few doctoral programs.”
Rollins is cited for having 76.9 percent of its classes containing fewer than 20 students, and an overall student-faculty ratio of 10:1. The 2013-2014 average tuition for Rollins College was $41,460 with an enrollment of 1,884.
Click here to see the rest of the schools that made the U.S. News rankings.
- Check Out Rihanna’s Sensual New Rogue Man Fragrance Ads
- Ibiza: Apparently, EDM Fans Can’t Afford It
- Katy Perry Isn’t Part of the Illuminati — But She’d Like to Be
- Listen to Dustin Every Morning To Win Backstage Passes To See One Republic!
- Ne-Yo Shows What ‘Money Can’t Buy’ in New Video: Watch
- Jennifer Lopez & Fat Joe Are Back Together on ‘Stressin”: Listen
- Score A $100 Staples Gift Card For Your Back To School Shopping!
- Win Tickets To See DJ Ideal Spin At The Groove ℠ Universal CityWalk
- Sam Smith’s Video for ‘I’m Not The Only One’ Gives Us a Very Sad Dianna Agron
- Michael Jackson’s Neverland Ranch Could Be Yours For $50 Million