U.S. News has just released their 2014 rankings of the best colleges and universities in the country. While Princeton and Harvard topped the list when it came to national universities (noted as schools emphasizing research and offering bachelor’s, master’s and Ph.D. programs), a local university topped the list when it came to regional universities.
Rollins College, in Winter Park, tied for the #1 place in southern regional universities, sharing the honor with North Carolina’s Elon University.
The distinction of a regional university includes schools who “offer a full range of undergrad programs and some master’s programs but few doctoral programs.”
Rollins is cited for having 76.9 percent of its classes containing fewer than 20 students, and an overall student-faculty ratio of 10:1. The 2013-2014 average tuition for Rollins College was $41,460 with an enrollment of 1,884.
Click here to see the rest of the schools that made the U.S. News rankings.
- Yes, I Want To Be Single
- Gucci Mane Has a Lot Planned for 2017
- Demi Lovato and John Mayer May Be Dating
- Lady Gaga Dedicates Song To Trayvon Martin
- Taylor Swift, Katy Perry and More Turn Up for Drake’s Birthday
- Jay-Z will Perform Ohio Concert for Hillary Clinton
- Drake Takes a Shot at Kid Cudi?
- The Chainsmokers Get ‘Closer’ with Halsey in New Video
- Listen to Pharrell’s Sultry New Track ‘Runnin’
- DJ Khaled Snapchats Birth of Son, Blasts His Music in Delivery Room