Rollins College Ranks #1 In Southern Regional Universities
U.S. News has just released their 2014 rankings of the best colleges and universities in the country. While Princeton and Harvard topped the list when it came to national universities (noted as schools emphasizing research and offering bachelor’s, master’s and Ph.D. programs), a local university topped the list when it came to regional universities.
Rollins College, in Winter Park, tied for the #1 place in southern regional universities, sharing the honor with North Carolina’s Elon University.
The distinction of a regional university includes schools who “offer a full range of undergrad programs and some master’s programs but few doctoral programs.”
Rollins is cited for having 76.9 percent of its classes containing fewer than 20 students, and an overall student-faculty ratio of 10:1. The 2013-2014 average tuition for Rollins College was $41,460 with an enrollment of 1,884.
Click here to see the rest of the schools that made the U.S. News rankings.
- Destiny’s Child Performed Together Again This Weekend: Watch
- Reality Check For 3/30/15: Zayn Malik Going Solo, Taylor Swift And Calvin Harris, Destiny’s Child Reunite
- Listen All Week Long To Win Tickets To See Insurgent
- Beat My Tweet For An AMP Concert Pack
- Download Pingo, Take Photos, Win Prizes From Your Favorite Arists
- War Gets Romantic in Vance Joy’s ‘Georgia’ Video: Watch
- Eminem Teases New Song in ‘Southpaw’ Trailer: Watch
- Ed Sheeran Gives Newly Married Couple Surprise of a Lifetime at Their Wedding: Watch
- Here’s Billy Zane Reading Tweets Meant for Zayn Malik