U.S. News has just released their 2014 rankings of the best colleges and universities in the country. While Princeton and Harvard topped the list when it came to national universities (noted as schools emphasizing research and offering bachelor’s, master’s and Ph.D. programs), a local university topped the list when it came to regional universities.
Rollins College, in Winter Park, tied for the #1 place in southern regional universities, sharing the honor with North Carolina’s Elon University.
The distinction of a regional university includes schools who “offer a full range of undergrad programs and some master’s programs but few doctoral programs.”
Rollins is cited for having 76.9 percent of its classes containing fewer than 20 students, and an overall student-faculty ratio of 10:1. The 2013-2014 average tuition for Rollins College was $41,460 with an enrollment of 1,884.
Click here to see the rest of the schools that made the U.S. News rankings.
- Marc E Bassy Chats With Danie B
- Kelly Clarkson Covers Rihanna’s ‘Love On The Brain’
- Ariana Grande & Mac Miller Show Off New Tattoos
- Chris Brown Releases Hypnotic Video for ‘Grass Ain’t Greener’
- Britney Spears Joins James Corden For Some Carpool Karaoke
- Fetty Wap Explains Festival Cancellations
- Kanye West Talks Saint Pablo Tour Production Design
- Drake Announces New Short Film ‘Please Forgive Me’
- Shawn Mendes Addresses Fans after Controversial Interview
- Kevin Bacon Raids Britney Spears’ Wardrobe for Apple Ad