U.S. News has just released their 2014 rankings of the best colleges and universities in the country. While Princeton and Harvard topped the list when it came to national universities (noted as schools emphasizing research and offering bachelor’s, master’s and Ph.D. programs), a local university topped the list when it came to regional universities.
Rollins College, in Winter Park, tied for the #1 place in southern regional universities, sharing the honor with North Carolina’s Elon University.
The distinction of a regional university includes schools who “offer a full range of undergrad programs and some master’s programs but few doctoral programs.”
Rollins is cited for having 76.9 percent of its classes containing fewer than 20 students, and an overall student-faculty ratio of 10:1. The 2013-2014 average tuition for Rollins College was $41,460 with an enrollment of 1,884.
Click here to see the rest of the schools that made the U.S. News rankings.
- AMP Fringe Pick 5.29.16: Edgar Allan
- AMP Fringe Pick 5.28.16: Lil Women: A Rap Musical
- An Electric Bounce House Ticket Tag Thursday!
- Want To Meet Selena Gomez? Here’s How To Win.
- Chance The Rapper Drops ‘No Problem’ Video Featuring Lil Wayne & 2 Chainz
- Kanye West Debuts Merch Inspired by Mother Donda
- Fetty Wap Goes Back to High School in ‘Wake Up’ Music Video
- [PHOTOS] #ResetYourPreset At Circle K For Free Gas!
- Zayn Releases Seven ‘Like I Would’ Remixes
- Free Slurpees Memorial Day Weekend With Frozen BOGO