U.S. News has just released their 2014 rankings of the best colleges and universities in the country. While Princeton and Harvard topped the list when it came to national universities (noted as schools emphasizing research and offering bachelor’s, master’s and Ph.D. programs), a local university topped the list when it came to regional universities.
Rollins College, in Winter Park, tied for the #1 place in southern regional universities, sharing the honor with North Carolina’s Elon University.
The distinction of a regional university includes schools who “offer a full range of undergrad programs and some master’s programs but few doctoral programs.”
Rollins is cited for having 76.9 percent of its classes containing fewer than 20 students, and an overall student-faculty ratio of 10:1. The 2013-2014 average tuition for Rollins College was $41,460 with an enrollment of 1,884.
Click here to see the rest of the schools that made the U.S. News rankings.
- Enter To Win Tickets To The Central Florida Fair
- [PHOTOS] Grandtheft In The STK Lounge
- [PHOTOS] Live From The STK Lounge At DFWF 2017
- [PHOTOS] DFWF 2017: What Are They Eating And Drinking?
- [PHOTOS] Live From Downtown Food & Wine Fest: Day 1
- Win “Get Out” Movie Passes With Kevin Kon
- Beat My Tweet To Win Tickets To The Central Florida Fair
- Play “Show Tune Tuesdays” To Win “Get Out” Movie Passes
- Play Battle Of The Hoods To Win Orlando Magic Tickets
- Sail Into The Seven Seas Festival At SeaWorld