U.S. News has just released their 2014 rankings of the best colleges and universities in the country. While Princeton and Harvard topped the list when it came to national universities (noted as schools emphasizing research and offering bachelor’s, master’s and Ph.D. programs), a local university topped the list when it came to regional universities.
Rollins College, in Winter Park, tied for the #1 place in southern regional universities, sharing the honor with North Carolina’s Elon University.
The distinction of a regional university includes schools who “offer a full range of undergrad programs and some master’s programs but few doctoral programs.”
Rollins is cited for having 76.9 percent of its classes containing fewer than 20 students, and an overall student-faculty ratio of 10:1. The 2013-2014 average tuition for Rollins College was $41,460 with an enrollment of 1,884.
Click here to see the rest of the schools that made the U.S. News rankings.
- Russell Crowe won’t Face Charges over Azealia Banks Scuffle
- Beyoncé’s ‘Daddy Lessons’ Rejected for Country GRAMMY: Report
- Meghan Trainor Cancels Concerts Through End of 2016
- Sia Separates from Husband of Two Years
- The Most Downloaded Apps of the Year
- Watch Tegan and Sara’s ‘Miami Vice’-Inspired Video ‘Dying to Know’
- Daily Dish for 12.8.16
- GRAMMY Nominations: 7 Bizarre Matchups
- Camila Cabello and Machine Gun Kelly Talk ‘Bad Things’
- Rihanna Stoked by Multiple GRAMMY Nominations