U.S. News has just released their 2014 rankings of the best colleges and universities in the country. While Princeton and Harvard topped the list when it came to national universities (noted as schools emphasizing research and offering bachelor’s, master’s and Ph.D. programs), a local university topped the list when it came to regional universities.
Rollins College, in Winter Park, tied for the #1 place in southern regional universities, sharing the honor with North Carolina’s Elon University.
The distinction of a regional university includes schools who “offer a full range of undergrad programs and some master’s programs but few doctoral programs.”
Rollins is cited for having 76.9 percent of its classes containing fewer than 20 students, and an overall student-faculty ratio of 10:1. The 2013-2014 average tuition for Rollins College was $41,460 with an enrollment of 1,884.
Click here to see the rest of the schools that made the U.S. News rankings.
- James Corden Performs As A Backstreet Boy
- Check Out Janet Jackson’s Baby Bump
- Happy National Drink Beer Day!
- DJ Khaled Announces New Book ‘The Keys’
- Meek Mill and Drake’s Beef May Have Started Over Nicki Minaj
- Common Compares Colin Kaepernick to Muhammad Ali
- George Michael’s ‘Freedom ’90’ Video Gets a Fashion Facelift
- Backstreet Boys Announce Las Vegas Residency
- Juicy J and Kanye Live Large in New Track ‘Ballin’
- The Weeknd Murders His Former Self in ‘Starboy’ Music Video