U.S. News has just released their 2014 rankings of the best colleges and universities in the country. While Princeton and Harvard topped the list when it came to national universities (noted as schools emphasizing research and offering bachelor’s, master’s and Ph.D. programs), a local university topped the list when it came to regional universities.
Rollins College, in Winter Park, tied for the #1 place in southern regional universities, sharing the honor with North Carolina’s Elon University.
The distinction of a regional university includes schools who “offer a full range of undergrad programs and some master’s programs but few doctoral programs.”
Rollins is cited for having 76.9 percent of its classes containing fewer than 20 students, and an overall student-faculty ratio of 10:1. The 2013-2014 average tuition for Rollins College was $41,460 with an enrollment of 1,884.
Click here to see the rest of the schools that made the U.S. News rankings.
- Britney Spears Writes Touching Mother’s Day Letter
- Mother’s Day Gift Ideas
- Demi Lovato Reboots ‘I Will Survive’ for ‘The Angry Birds Movie’: Listen
- Kanye West, Nas & French Montana ‘Figure It Out’ In New Video
- Demi Lovato Unleashes Twitter Rant for the Books
- Beyoncé Adds Seven Dates to Formation Tour
- Prince Group The Family Re-Release ‘Nothing Compares 2 U’ With Video
- [VIDEO] Sofia Carson Plays The 5 Second Rule Game With Franco Aqui
- ‘Hamilton’ Creator Sings with J.J. Abrams to Honor Star Wars Day
- Watch James Corden Carpool Karaoke with Gwen Stefani, George Clooney & Julia Roberts