Rollins College Ranks #1 In Southern Regional Universities
U.S. News has just released their 2014 rankings of the best colleges and universities in the country. While Princeton and Harvard topped the list when it came to national universities (noted as schools emphasizing research and offering bachelor’s, master’s and Ph.D. programs), a local university topped the list when it came to regional universities.
Rollins College, in Winter Park, tied for the #1 place in southern regional universities, sharing the honor with North Carolina’s Elon University.
The distinction of a regional university includes schools who “offer a full range of undergrad programs and some master’s programs but few doctoral programs.”
Rollins is cited for having 76.9 percent of its classes containing fewer than 20 students, and an overall student-faculty ratio of 10:1. The 2013-2014 average tuition for Rollins College was $41,460 with an enrollment of 1,884.
Click here to see the rest of the schools that made the U.S. News rankings.
- Win Tickets To See Ed Sheeran
- Beat My Tweet For Tickets To See Nico & Vinz
- Win Tickets To Ride The Orlando Eye
- Download Pingo to Have Fun and Win Prizes While Taking Photos
- Lance Bass on One Direction: ‘I Just See Harry Leaving Soon’
- Drake Shook Hands with Paul Pierce & Now Everyone’s Mad
- Yelawolf, Eminem Visit Church in ‘Best Friend’ Video: Watch
- Uh, Is Diddy Starring in ‘Rush Hour 4’?
- Bleachers Remix Sia’s ‘Big Girls Cry': Listen
- Here’s Ariana Grande & Lea Michele Singing Spice Girls on Helium