Rollins College Ranks #1 In Southern Regional Universities
U.S. News has just released their 2014 rankings of the best colleges and universities in the country. While Princeton and Harvard topped the list when it came to national universities (noted as schools emphasizing research and offering bachelor’s, master’s and Ph.D. programs), a local university topped the list when it came to regional universities.
Rollins College, in Winter Park, tied for the #1 place in southern regional universities, sharing the honor with North Carolina’s Elon University.
The distinction of a regional university includes schools who “offer a full range of undergrad programs and some master’s programs but few doctoral programs.”
Rollins is cited for having 76.9 percent of its classes containing fewer than 20 students, and an overall student-faculty ratio of 10:1. The 2013-2014 average tuition for Rollins College was $41,460 with an enrollment of 1,884.
Click here to see the rest of the schools that made the U.S. News rankings.
- Taco Bell Introduces New Cap’N Crunch Donut Desserts!
- Beyonce Extends Empire With Vegan Meal Delivery
- Beat My Tweet To Win Two Tickets With Backstage Passes To Kalin And Myles
- Alesso Dances His Way From Nerd to Heartthrob in ‘Cool’ Video: Watch
- Impact: Kelly Clarkson Returns to Pop on ‘Piece By Piece’
- People on Twitter Really Don’t Want to Hear House of Cards Spoilers
- Snoop Dogg & Pharrell Can’t Stop Dancing in New ‘Bush’ Trailer: Watch
- VIP And Backstage Passes At Cash Cash Show
- Kelly Clarkson Says Her Husband Is the Only Person She’s Ever Truly Loved
- Watch King Kong Punch a Shark in David Guetta’s ‘What I Did for Love’ Video