U.S. News has just released their 2014 rankings of the best colleges and universities in the country. While Princeton and Harvard topped the list when it came to national universities (noted as schools emphasizing research and offering bachelor’s, master’s and Ph.D. programs), a local university topped the list when it came to regional universities.
Rollins College, in Winter Park, tied for the #1 place in southern regional universities, sharing the honor with North Carolina’s Elon University.
The distinction of a regional university includes schools who “offer a full range of undergrad programs and some master’s programs but few doctoral programs.”
Rollins is cited for having 76.9 percent of its classes containing fewer than 20 students, and an overall student-faculty ratio of 10:1. The 2013-2014 average tuition for Rollins College was $41,460 with an enrollment of 1,884.
Click here to see the rest of the schools that made the U.S. News rankings.
- Beyoncé Announces 2016 World Tour Dates
- Register To Win Goosebumps On DVD
- Jason Derulo Suffers Dance Injury, Requires Stitches
- Beyonce Bringing Formation World Tour To Tampa
- [PHOTOS] Coldplay, Bruno Mars, Beyonce Light Up Super Bowl 50 Halftime Show
- Beyoncé Shares New Song ‘Formation’
- Beat My Tweet To Win Tickets To See ‘Deadpool’
- Play What’s in Jill’s Purse To Win A $75 Gift Card To Jesse’s Girl Boulevard Boutique
- Listen To Win Tickets To R5, Sound Check Party & Meet ‘N Greets!
- Win Tickets To See The Rock Hard Male Revue