U.S. News has just released their 2014 rankings of the best colleges and universities in the country. While Princeton and Harvard topped the list when it came to national universities (noted as schools emphasizing research and offering bachelor’s, master’s and Ph.D. programs), a local university topped the list when it came to regional universities.
Rollins College, in Winter Park, tied for the #1 place in southern regional universities, sharing the honor with North Carolina’s Elon University.
The distinction of a regional university includes schools who “offer a full range of undergrad programs and some master’s programs but few doctoral programs.”
Rollins is cited for having 76.9 percent of its classes containing fewer than 20 students, and an overall student-faculty ratio of 10:1. The 2013-2014 average tuition for Rollins College was $41,460 with an enrollment of 1,884.
Click here to see the rest of the schools that made the U.S. News rankings.
- Happy National Voter Registration Day
- Beyoncé Reaches Out to Lady Gaga with Flowers and Ivy Park Gear
- Don’t Forget To Smile
- Walk The Moon Set ‘What If Nothing’ Album Release Date, Announce Tour
- Taylor Swift’s Alleged Stalker Deemed Unfit to Stand Trial: Report
- Watch Harry Styles Cover Little Big Town’s ‘Girl Crush’
- Madonna Imitates Kim Kardashian During ‘Fallon’ Lip Flip
- Celebrity Psychic Medium Sandra Logan Is Back!
- Watch Ed Sheeran and Dave Chappelle Cover Radiohead’s ‘Creep’
- Pennywise Dancing To ‘Shake It Off’ Is Creepy Funny And Everything In Between