Simon Cowell, Howard Stern Top The List Of Highest Paid TV Personalities
Being a jerk on TV pays, and apparently very well. Simon Cowell‘s baby mama drama is well documented , but it looks like that baby won’t be worried about as his or her future dad is rolling in the dough. He along with Howard Stern, who both play the “jerk,” role on their respective shows; X-Factor and America’s Got Talent, topped the Forbes List for highest paid TV personalities.
The time period for this years list was June 2012 – June 2013 and Stern and Cowell tied at the top both earning $95 million dollars over that period of time:
1. Simon Cowell – $95 million
1. Howard Stern – $95 million
3. Glenn Beck – $90 million
4. Oprah Winfrey – $77 million
5. Phil McGraw (Dr. Phil) – $72 million
6. Rush Limbaugh – $66 million
7. Donald Trump – $62 million
8. Ryan Seacrest – $61 million
9. Ellen DeGeneres – $56 million
10. Judy Sheindlin (Judge Judy) – $52 million
The main thing that sticks out to me is how in the world did Judge Judy make this list? I didn’t even know that this show was still on the air. Apparently her show is still one of the top shows in syndication, Either way congrats (is that the right word) to all the people on the list as they’ve probably made more in the past year than the average person will make in their whole life.
- Calvin Harris, David Guetta, Avicii: Who is the World’s Highest Paid DJ?
- 10 Epic Ice Bucket Challenge FAILS!!!
- Stream ’11:11,’ Puff Daddy’s Deep House Project with Guy Gerber
- Elizabeth Arden Reports Losses After Justin Bieber, Taylor Swift Fragrances Tank
- Taylor Swift’s 1989: An Odd Year for Pop Music 25 Years Ago