The Orlando Magic Select Victor Oladipo Of Indiana With The #2 Pick In The NBA Draft
“With the number two pick in the 2013 NBA draft the Orlando Magic select,” for the last time in David Stern’s 30 year run as NBA commissioner Stern uttered those words, and they were followed by Victor Oladipo from Indiana.
Oladipo played three seasons for the Indiana Hoosiers and averaged 13.6 points, 6.3 rebounds, 2.2 steals, and 2.1 assists in his final season with the Hoosiers. He has also racked up quite a few achievements including being a consensus All-American this season, he won the National Association of Basketball Coaches Defensive Player of the Year Award in 2012, as well as the Sporting News Men’s College Basketball Player of the Year Award this past season.
I don’t have the time to follow college basketball, but I’ve heard many analyst compare him to Dwyane Wade, and he was also coached by Tom Crean, who also coached Wade at Marquette. He is obviously a good defender, so I look forward to seeing what Oladipo brings to the team. He was also touted by many analysts as the “safe pick” in this years draft.
Since 1952-1953 only 14 players selected at number two overall, including two ties in 1994-1995 and 1999-2000 there were ties, have won the Rookie of the Year Award so that gives Oladipo a 22% chance of winning the award this season. If Oladipo is anywhere near a D. Wade, so I look forward to seeing what he does next. I will though, be interested to see what happens to Orlando’s current shooting guard Arron Afflalo who has been the subject of trade talks.
What’s New On JAMZ
- Beat My Tweet For Tickets To Universal Orlando’s® 25th Anniversary Concert Series: Pitbull
- Win Tickets To Insidious: Chapter 3 Advance Screening
- Win Tickets To One Magical Weekend’s Riptide
- Is Kanye West Saying ‘All Day’ or ‘Audi’?
- The Persuasions Say Jamie xx Didn’t Ask to Use Sample on New Song, Later Denied
- Lady Gaga Is a Blonde Again: See Her New Look
- Diplo, OG Maco, Riff Raff & CL Join Will Have You Repeating ‘Dr. Pepper’ Over and Over: Listen
- ‘Southpaw’ Soundtrack Executive Produced by Eminem, Features New Song ‘Phenomenal’
- Avicii’s ‘Waiting for Love’ Gets a Beautifully Animated Lyric Video
- Wiz Khalifa Is Releasing a ‘Rolling Papers 2′