Miley Cyrus’ “We Can’t Stop” Intended For Rihanna
— Miley Ray Cyrus (@MileyCyrus) May 31, 2013
Last week, Miley Cyrus released her brand new single, “We Can’t Stop.” She’s been getting a ton of backlash because of the song’s drug references, which say things like “Dancing With Molly” and “Trying To Get A Line In The Bathroom.”
It came out yesterday that the song was originally intended for pop-star Rihanna. This is the first thing I thought of when I heard the song because it’s very reminiscent of Rihanna’s “Pour It Up,” also produced by Mike Will Made It.
“When I originally worked on ‘We Can’t Stop,’ we had did it for Rihanna. The idea was more towards Rihanna,” he told MTV News.
Did Miley do it better?
What’s New On JAMZ
- Pharrell Releases ‘Social Book,’ Which Relies on Readers to Help Write It
- How To End A Casual Relationship
- Watch Kanye West & Rick Rubin’s Acceptance Video for Tribeca 808s Award
- Ultra Music Festival is Officially Staying in Miami
- Watch Katy Perry Go Undercover in ‘Birthday’
- One Direction Accused of Plagiarism with ‘You and I’ Video
- Deadmau5 Goes Off on Win Butler for Coachella Comments: ‘Arcade Fire Needs to Settle Down’
- Katy Perry Releases “Birthday” Music Video, Ruins Birthdays
- Beyoncé Lands the Cover of TIME’s 100 Most Influential People Issue
- Avril Lavigne Responds to Claims That Her ‘Hello Kitty’ Video is Racist