Miley Cyrus’ “We Can’t Stop” Intended For Rihanna
— Miley Ray Cyrus (@MileyCyrus) May 31, 2013
Last week, Miley Cyrus released her brand new single, “We Can’t Stop.” She’s been getting a ton of backlash because of the song’s drug references, which say things like “Dancing With Molly” and “Trying To Get A Line In The Bathroom.”
It came out yesterday that the song was originally intended for pop-star Rihanna. This is the first thing I thought of when I heard the song because it’s very reminiscent of Rihanna’s “Pour It Up,” also produced by Mike Will Made It.
“When I originally worked on ‘We Can’t Stop,’ we had did it for Rihanna. The idea was more towards Rihanna,” he told MTV News.
Did Miley do it better?
What’s New On JAMZ
- Jaden Smith Gets a Love Interest in Kylie Jenner for ‘Blue Ocean’ Video: Watch
- Wayne Coyne Talks Shelved Kesha Project, Sides with Singer in Dr. Luke Controversy
- Tyga Disses Nicki Minaj, Drake: ‘He’s Just Fake to Me’
- Hang Out With 101.9 AMP Radio At The Orlando Making Strides Against Breast Cancer Walk!
- Watch Floyd Mayweather Beat Justin Bieber with a Baseball Bat in a Boxing Ring, Courtesy of ‘Conan’
- 8-Seconds of White Noise from Taylor Swift Topped the Canadian iTunes Chart
- Sia Does ‘You’re Never Fully Dressed Without A Smile’ For ‘Annie’ Soundtrack: Listen
- Kesha Denied Dr. Luke Molested Her in Years-Old Deposition
- We Can Survive 2014: What Have the Performers Been Up To?
- Kanye West Gets All Mushy in Honor of Kim Kardashian’s Birthday