— Miley Ray Cyrus (@MileyCyrus) May 31, 2013
Last week, Miley Cyrus released her brand new single, “We Can’t Stop.” She’s been getting a ton of backlash because of the song’s drug references, which say things like “Dancing With Molly” and “Trying To Get A Line In The Bathroom.”
It came out yesterday that the song was originally intended for pop-star Rihanna. This is the first thing I thought of when I heard the song because it’s very reminiscent of Rihanna’s “Pour It Up,” also produced by Mike Will Made It.
“When I originally worked on ‘We Can’t Stop,’ we had did it for Rihanna. The idea was more towards Rihanna,” he told MTV News.
Did Miley do it better?
What’s New On JAMZ
- Fifth Harmony’s Dinah-Jane Hansen Talks Billboard Music Awards Performance
- Nick Jonas Seeks Fan Ambassadors
- Bahari: ‘Wolf Pack’ Trio Opens for Selena Gomez, Loves Black Sabbath
- [PHOTOS] Chad & Jill Awaken Summer At Walt Disney World
- Madonna Defends Prince Tribute
- Idina Menzel on Elsa Having a Girlfriend in ‘Frozen’ Sequel
- Drake & Future Perform at Floyd Mayweather’s Daughter’s Sweet 16
- Justin Bieber Explains Why He Doesn’t Like Awards Shows
- Did Beyoncé and Jay Z Finish Their Joint Album?
- Lady Gaga May Be Collaborating with Tame Impala