— Miley Ray Cyrus (@MileyCyrus) May 31, 2013
Last week, Miley Cyrus released her brand new single, “We Can’t Stop.” She’s been getting a ton of backlash because of the song’s drug references, which say things like “Dancing With Molly” and “Trying To Get A Line In The Bathroom.”
It came out yesterday that the song was originally intended for pop-star Rihanna. This is the first thing I thought of when I heard the song because it’s very reminiscent of Rihanna’s “Pour It Up,” also produced by Mike Will Made It.
“When I originally worked on ‘We Can’t Stop,’ we had did it for Rihanna. The idea was more towards Rihanna,” he told MTV News.
Did Miley do it better?
What’s New On JAMZ
- R5 On Stage At Dr. Phillips Center
- [PHOTOS] R5 Soundcheck Meet And Greet
- R5 Sound Check & Meet ‘n Greet
- LL Cool J Talks GRAMMYs, Kendrick Lamar and Rock Hall
- Dr. Dre to Star in Apple’s First Scripted Series ‘Vital Signs’
- Ticket Tag Thursday Starring The Chainsmokers
- Adele Shares ‘Vogue’ Cover
- Dissecting Kanye West’s Tweets about Taylor Swift
- Kanye West Shares New Song ’30 Hours’
- ‘Death Cab for Yeezy’ Mashup Album Chills Out Kanye Fans