— Miley Ray Cyrus (@MileyCyrus) May 31, 2013
Last week, Miley Cyrus released her brand new single, “We Can’t Stop.” She’s been getting a ton of backlash because of the song’s drug references, which say things like “Dancing With Molly” and “Trying To Get A Line In The Bathroom.”
It came out yesterday that the song was originally intended for pop-star Rihanna. This is the first thing I thought of when I heard the song because it’s very reminiscent of Rihanna’s “Pour It Up,” also produced by Mike Will Made It.
“When I originally worked on ‘We Can’t Stop,’ we had did it for Rihanna. The idea was more towards Rihanna,” he told MTV News.
Did Miley do it better?
What’s New On JAMZ
- Chance the Rapper’s Streaming Advocacy Pays Off with 7 GRAMMY Nods
- The Top Movies of 2016
- Madonna Expresses ‘Heartbreak’ & ‘Betrayal’ Over President-Elect Trump
- The Most Searched Celebrity
- 50 Cent to Receive $14.5 Million Settlement from Former Legal Team
- Busta Rhymes, Joell Ortiz and the Roots Perform ‘My Shot’ from the Hamilton Mixtape
- Will Smith Loves Being Famous
- Drake Celebrates ‘Views’ Quadruple-Platinum Status
- Daily Dish For 12.6.16
- Watch Madonna Twerk in ‘Carpool Karaoke’ Teaser