Miley Cyrus’ “We Can’t Stop” Intended For Rihanna
— Miley Ray Cyrus (@MileyCyrus) May 31, 2013
Last week, Miley Cyrus released her brand new single, “We Can’t Stop.” She’s been getting a ton of backlash because of the song’s drug references, which say things like “Dancing With Molly” and “Trying To Get A Line In The Bathroom.”
It came out yesterday that the song was originally intended for pop-star Rihanna. This is the first thing I thought of when I heard the song because it’s very reminiscent of Rihanna’s “Pour It Up,” also produced by Mike Will Made It.
“When I originally worked on ‘We Can’t Stop,’ we had did it for Rihanna. The idea was more towards Rihanna,” he told MTV News.
Did Miley do it better?
What’s New On JAMZ
- John Stamos Calls Out Olsen Twins for Saying They Weren’t Told About ‘Fuller House’ Reboot
- Watch Sesame Street’s ‘Avengers’ Parody
- Relay For Life Weekend
- Tannin Zone VIP Exclusive Cocktail Party
- Prom, Performance & A Date: 8 Celebs Who Crashed a High School Party
- Taking Your Kid to a Pink Concert Is a Totally Fine Parenting Move, Judge Rules
- Nate Ruess Debuts New Song ‘AhHa': Listen
- Everyone’s Just Piling On Drake After the Raptors Lost
- Justin Bieber Might Crash Your Prom