— Miley Ray Cyrus (@MileyCyrus) May 31, 2013
Last week, Miley Cyrus released her brand new single, “We Can’t Stop.” She’s been getting a ton of backlash because of the song’s drug references, which say things like “Dancing With Molly” and “Trying To Get A Line In The Bathroom.”
It came out yesterday that the song was originally intended for pop-star Rihanna. This is the first thing I thought of when I heard the song because it’s very reminiscent of Rihanna’s “Pour It Up,” also produced by Mike Will Made It.
“When I originally worked on ‘We Can’t Stop,’ we had did it for Rihanna. The idea was more towards Rihanna,” he told MTV News.
Did Miley do it better?
What’s New On JAMZ
- Do Summer In Style With Shades By Foster Grant!
- Play ‘Show Tune Tuesdays’ To Win Passes To Spider-Man: Homecoming
- Battle It Out For Jon Bellion Tickets
- Nothing Is Holding You Back From Winning Shawn Mendes Tix
- Play ‘What’s In Jill’s Purse’ To Win Fandango Movie Passes
- Drake, Metro Boomin, Offset Team for ‘No Complaints’
- Dr. Luke & Kesha’s Mother Issue Statement on Defamation Dismissal
- Check out Eminem’s New Beard
- The-Dream Drops New Track ‘Summer Body’ with Fabolous
- 5 Awesome P!nk Instagram Moments for National Pink Day