— Miley Ray Cyrus (@MileyCyrus) May 31, 2013
Last week, Miley Cyrus released her brand new single, “We Can’t Stop.” She’s been getting a ton of backlash because of the song’s drug references, which say things like “Dancing With Molly” and “Trying To Get A Line In The Bathroom.”
It came out yesterday that the song was originally intended for pop-star Rihanna. This is the first thing I thought of when I heard the song because it’s very reminiscent of Rihanna’s “Pour It Up,” also produced by Mike Will Made It.
“When I originally worked on ‘We Can’t Stop,’ we had did it for Rihanna. The idea was more towards Rihanna,” he told MTV News.
Did Miley do it better?
What’s New On JAMZ
- Play ‘Show Tune Tuesdays’ To Win Fandango Tickets To See ‘Jigsaw’!
- Listen To Win Tickets To Ed Sheeran!
- Play “Beat My Tweet” To Win Jon Bellion Tickets!
- Listen This Week To Dine At Café Rio!
- Listen To Win Tickets For Sesame Street Live!
- Kevin Kon Makes A 13-Year-Old’s Dream Come True
- Join 101.9 AMP Radio For The 5th Annual Beer, Bacon & BBQ Festival
- ‘Veep’ Stars Lip Sync Katy Perry’s ‘Roar’ for Julia Louis-Dreyfus
- Kelly Clarkson Gets in the Holiday Spirit with New Song ‘Christmas Eve’
- Marshmello and Khalid Release ‘Silence’ Video