Miley Cyrus’ “We Can’t Stop” Intended For Rihanna
— Miley Ray Cyrus (@MileyCyrus) May 31, 2013
Last week, Miley Cyrus released her brand new single, “We Can’t Stop.” She’s been getting a ton of backlash because of the song’s drug references, which say things like “Dancing With Molly” and “Trying To Get A Line In The Bathroom.”
It came out yesterday that the song was originally intended for pop-star Rihanna. This is the first thing I thought of when I heard the song because it’s very reminiscent of Rihanna’s “Pour It Up,” also produced by Mike Will Made It.
“When I originally worked on ‘We Can’t Stop,’ we had did it for Rihanna. The idea was more towards Rihanna,” he told MTV News.
Did Miley do it better?
What’s New On JAMZ
- Reality Check For 9/4/15: JB vs One D, Selena Gomez Cast For Neighbors 2, Tori Spelling Suing Benihana’s
- Enter Keyword To Win Tickets To Rock The Universe
- Vince Staples Wants Miley Cyrus to Apologize to Kendrick Lamar
- Miley Cyrus’ Producer Oren Yoel Discusses ‘Dead Petz’ and Madonna Comparisons
- Avicii Makes Directorial Debut in ‘For a Better Day’ and ‘Pure Grinding’ Videos
- French Montana On Jay Z, Diddy And New Movie: Rap Radar Podcast No. 6
- Harry Styles’ SeaWorld Comments Yield Unbelievable Results
- Lana Del Rey Talks Feminism with James Franco
- Janet Jackson’s ‘Unbreakable’ Details Reveal Only Two Special Guests
- Justin Bieber Discusses His Emotional MTV VMA’s Performance