Miley Cyrus’ “We Can’t Stop” Intended For Rihanna
— Miley Ray Cyrus (@MileyCyrus) May 31, 2013
Last week, Miley Cyrus released her brand new single, “We Can’t Stop.” She’s been getting a ton of backlash because of the song’s drug references, which say things like “Dancing With Molly” and “Trying To Get A Line In The Bathroom.”
It came out yesterday that the song was originally intended for pop-star Rihanna. This is the first thing I thought of when I heard the song because it’s very reminiscent of Rihanna’s “Pour It Up,” also produced by Mike Will Made It.
“When I originally worked on ‘We Can’t Stop,’ we had did it for Rihanna. The idea was more towards Rihanna,” he told MTV News.
Did Miley do it better?
What’s New On JAMZ
- We Can Survive Recap: Taylor Swift, Pharrell, Ariana Grande Dazzle the Hollywood Bowl
- Watch Kiesza Dance with Her Clothes in ‘No Enemiesz’ Video
- Watch Drake YOLO It Up, Do the Shmoney Dance at a Dave & Buster’s
- Watch Iggy Azalea’s ‘SNL’ Promo with Jim Carrey
- Danny DeVito Steals the Show in One Direction’s ‘Steal My Girl’ Video: Watch
- YG Jumps On Remix of Fergie’s ‘L.A. Love (La La)': Listen
- Iggy Azalea Releases ‘Beg For it,’ Featuring MØ: Listen
- Ariana Grande, Maroon 5, Pharrell & Tim McGraw to Perform on ‘A Very GRAMMY Christmas’
- Score A Pair Of Tickets To See Usher Live At The Amway Center On December 12th!
- Listen To Dustin Every Morning To Win Your Tickets To The Electric Daisy Carnival!