Miley Cyrus’ “We Can’t Stop” Intended For Rihanna
— Miley Ray Cyrus (@MileyCyrus) May 31, 2013
Last week, Miley Cyrus released her brand new single, “We Can’t Stop.” She’s been getting a ton of backlash because of the song’s drug references, which say things like “Dancing With Molly” and “Trying To Get A Line In The Bathroom.”
It came out yesterday that the song was originally intended for pop-star Rihanna. This is the first thing I thought of when I heard the song because it’s very reminiscent of Rihanna’s “Pour It Up,” also produced by Mike Will Made It.
“When I originally worked on ‘We Can’t Stop,’ we had did it for Rihanna. The idea was more towards Rihanna,” he told MTV News.
Did Miley do it better?
What’s New On JAMZ
- Fifty Shades Of Grey Trailer Is HERE!! [VIDEO]
- The Ten Happiest Countries On Earth
- Nicki Minaj Teases Ariana Grande & Jessie J Superstar Collaboration ‘Bang Bang’: Listen
- Pitbull Announces New Album ‘Globalization’: Listen to New Single ‘Fireball’
- Jay Pharoah of ‘SNL’ Parodies Usher with Cautionary Tale About Not Flossing, ‘Bad Kisser’: Watch
- R5 Can Prove Their Pop-Rock Prowess on the Stage
- T.I. Denies Rumors He’s a Ghostwriter for Iggy Azalea
- Pharrell Snagged Miley Cyrus for ‘Come Get It Bae’ Video: Watch
- See Beyoncé Channel ‘Rosie the Riveter’ on Instagram
- Weird Al’s ‘Mandatory Fun’ is His First No. 1 Album