Miley Cyrus’ “We Can’t Stop” Intended For Rihanna
— Miley Ray Cyrus (@MileyCyrus) May 31, 2013
Last week, Miley Cyrus released her brand new single, “We Can’t Stop.” She’s been getting a ton of backlash because of the song’s drug references, which say things like “Dancing With Molly” and “Trying To Get A Line In The Bathroom.”
It came out yesterday that the song was originally intended for pop-star Rihanna. This is the first thing I thought of when I heard the song because it’s very reminiscent of Rihanna’s “Pour It Up,” also produced by Mike Will Made It.
“When I originally worked on ‘We Can’t Stop,’ we had did it for Rihanna. The idea was more towards Rihanna,” he told MTV News.
Did Miley do it better?
What’s New On JAMZ
- Beat My Tweet For Tickets To Universal Orlando’s® 25th Anniversary Concert Series: Pitbull
- Win Tickets To Insidious: Chapter 3 Advance Screening
- Win Tickets To One Magical Weekend’s Riptide
- Is Kanye West Saying ‘All Day’ or ‘Audi’?
- The Persuasions Say Jamie xx Didn’t Ask to Use Sample on New Song, Later Denied
- Lady Gaga Is a Blonde Again: See Her New Look
- Diplo, OG Maco, Riff Raff & CL Join Will Have You Repeating ‘Dr. Pepper’ Over and Over: Listen
- ‘Southpaw’ Soundtrack Executive Produced by Eminem, Features New Song ‘Phenomenal’
- Avicii’s ‘Waiting for Love’ Gets a Beautifully Animated Lyric Video
- Wiz Khalifa Is Releasing a ‘Rolling Papers 2′