Miley Cyrus’ “We Can’t Stop” Intended For Rihanna
— Miley Ray Cyrus (@MileyCyrus) May 31, 2013
Last week, Miley Cyrus released her brand new single, “We Can’t Stop.” She’s been getting a ton of backlash because of the song’s drug references, which say things like “Dancing With Molly” and “Trying To Get A Line In The Bathroom.”
It came out yesterday that the song was originally intended for pop-star Rihanna. This is the first thing I thought of when I heard the song because it’s very reminiscent of Rihanna’s “Pour It Up,” also produced by Mike Will Made It.
“When I originally worked on ‘We Can’t Stop,’ we had did it for Rihanna. The idea was more towards Rihanna,” he told MTV News.
Did Miley do it better?
What’s New On JAMZ
- Reality Check For 10/6/15: Will Smith Rapping Again, $3 Boorito at Chipotle, General Mills Cereal Recall
- Listen to this Amazing Drake/Danzig Mash-Up
- Kesha’s Mom Calls Out Silent Artists
- Justin Bieber & Floyd Mayweather do Karaoke, Just Like You
- Tupac ‘Thug Life’ Letter Up for Auction
- Austin Mahone Pranks Fans at Madame Tussauds Orlando
- Will Smith Has 30 New Songs, Will Tour in the Summertime
- Kendrick Lamar Announces ‘Kunta’s Groove Sessions’ Tour
- Gigi Hadid Opens Up about Taylor Swift, #SquadGoals
- Here Are Snacks Every Sleep Deprived College Kid Should Be Making