— Miley Ray Cyrus (@MileyCyrus) May 31, 2013
Last week, Miley Cyrus released her brand new single, “We Can’t Stop.” She’s been getting a ton of backlash because of the song’s drug references, which say things like “Dancing With Molly” and “Trying To Get A Line In The Bathroom.”
It came out yesterday that the song was originally intended for pop-star Rihanna. This is the first thing I thought of when I heard the song because it’s very reminiscent of Rihanna’s “Pour It Up,” also produced by Mike Will Made It.
“When I originally worked on ‘We Can’t Stop,’ we had did it for Rihanna. The idea was more towards Rihanna,” he told MTV News.
Did Miley do it better?
What’s New On JAMZ
- Adele Shares Beyoncé Love
- The Weeknd & Nas Perform at Met Gala
- Beyoncé and Rita Ora Pose Together at Met Gala, Shut Down ‘Becky’ Rumors
- ‘Hamilton’ Sets All-Time Tony Nominations Record
- [WATCH] Jill’s Helium High With No Balloon [DON’T TRY THIS AT HOME!]
- Kevin Durant was Surprised to Hear His Name in Drake’s Song
- 2016 Met Gala: Behind the Scenes with Music Royalty
- Tupac Shakur’s Mother Afeni Shakur Dead at 69
- Katy Perry Sends Heartfelt Video Message to Dying Fan
- Daily Dish For 5.3.16