Miley Cyrus’ “We Can’t Stop” Intended For Rihanna
— Miley Ray Cyrus (@MileyCyrus) May 31, 2013
Last week, Miley Cyrus released her brand new single, “We Can’t Stop.” She’s been getting a ton of backlash because of the song’s drug references, which say things like “Dancing With Molly” and “Trying To Get A Line In The Bathroom.”
It came out yesterday that the song was originally intended for pop-star Rihanna. This is the first thing I thought of when I heard the song because it’s very reminiscent of Rihanna’s “Pour It Up,” also produced by Mike Will Made It.
“When I originally worked on ‘We Can’t Stop,’ we had did it for Rihanna. The idea was more towards Rihanna,” he told MTV News.
Did Miley do it better?
What’s New On JAMZ
- Jill’s Fabulous Friend: Protein Powder White Russians Best For Hangovers
- Nicki Minaj Faces VMAs Censorship Challenge from the Parents Television Council
- Jessie J Announces New Album ‘Sweet Talker’
- 378 People Pay It Forward At Starbucks
- Calvin Harris Teases New Song with John Newman, ‘Blame': Listen
- Nico & Vinz Announce U.S. Debut Album ‘Black Star Elephant’
- Lil Jon Says ‘Bend Ova’ Lyrics Come from Watching YouTube, Wants to Host Game Shows
- Florida Georgia Line, Ed Sheeran ‘Both Want’ to Collaborate
- Beyoncé & Jay Z’s Cuba Anniversary Trip Deemed Legal By U.S. Government
- Lauryn Hill Dedicates Her Song ‘Black Rage’ to Ferguson: Listen