Miley Cyrus’ “We Can’t Stop” Intended For Rihanna
— Miley Ray Cyrus (@MileyCyrus) May 31, 2013
Last week, Miley Cyrus released her brand new single, “We Can’t Stop.” She’s been getting a ton of backlash because of the song’s drug references, which say things like “Dancing With Molly” and “Trying To Get A Line In The Bathroom.”
It came out yesterday that the song was originally intended for pop-star Rihanna. This is the first thing I thought of when I heard the song because it’s very reminiscent of Rihanna’s “Pour It Up,” also produced by Mike Will Made It.
“When I originally worked on ‘We Can’t Stop,’ we had did it for Rihanna. The idea was more towards Rihanna,” he told MTV News.
Did Miley do it better?
What’s New On JAMZ
- [PHOTOS] Tori Kelly’s LA Connect Green Room Performance
- Lana Del Rey Announces Brief Summer Tour with Grimes
- Avril Lavigne Reveals Her Mystery Illness: Lyme Disease
- This Is How Beyonce & Blue Ivy Floss
- Pharrell, Cara Delevingne Perform ‘CC the World’ at Chanel Show: Watch
- YouTube’s April Fools’ Music Prank Will Blow Your Mind
- iZombie Recap: Episode 3, ‘The Exterminator’
- Taylor Swift Has a Foolproof Way of Getting Through April Fools’ Day
- Nick Jonas Gets a Little Seedy in Miami For His New ‘Chains’ Video: Watch
- Wale and Jerry Seinfeld Call Rick Ross in New Video: Watch