Miley Cyrus’ “We Can’t Stop” Intended For Rihanna
— Miley Ray Cyrus (@MileyCyrus) May 31, 2013
Last week, Miley Cyrus released her brand new single, “We Can’t Stop.” She’s been getting a ton of backlash because of the song’s drug references, which say things like “Dancing With Molly” and “Trying To Get A Line In The Bathroom.”
It came out yesterday that the song was originally intended for pop-star Rihanna. This is the first thing I thought of when I heard the song because it’s very reminiscent of Rihanna’s “Pour It Up,” also produced by Mike Will Made It.
“When I originally worked on ‘We Can’t Stop,’ we had did it for Rihanna. The idea was more towards Rihanna,” he told MTV News.
Did Miley do it better?
What’s New On JAMZ
- Dr. Luke Files Lawsuit Against Kesha’s Mother, Accuses Her of ‘Tortious Interference’
- Style Files: Kim Cesarion on Suits and Stockholm Fashion
- Interview: Usher Talks ‘UR Experience’ Tour, ‘Hands of Stone,’ Bieber and Strippers
- Taylor Swift Says She Was ‘Never Taught the Definition of Feminism’ as a Little Girl, Wishes She Had Been
- This Taylor Swift/Beyoncé Mashup Will Change Your Life
- Taylor Swift on Why ‘1989’ Song ‘How You Get the Girl’ Could Result in a Restraining Order: Watch
- Girl Wakes Up From Surgery, Upset She’s Not Nicki Minaj! [Video]
- ‘Frozen,’ ‘Walking Dead,’ Dog Spider: Halloween Costume Guide 2014
- Eminem Reveals ‘ShadyXV’ Tracklist Featuring Big Sean, Danny Brown, Skylar Grey
- T-PAIN Sings Better Without Auto-Tune