Robin Thicke Makes History On The Billboard Hot 100
Robin Thicke is on his way to becoming a household name. His current single, “Blurred Lines,” is the biggest hit of his career and a global smash. It is currently #6 on the U.S. Billboard Hot 100, while sitting at #1 or #2 in many countries around the world. Now Mr. Thicke has made history on the charts.
Thicke becomes the first male artist to have a Top 10 single on the Hot 100 following a mother who has done the same. According to Gary Trust, Billboard’s Associate Director of Charts/Radio, in his Ask Billboard feature on the site, there have been daughters who have followed their mothers or fathers, and sons who have followed their fathers, but no other sons who have followed their mothers to the top 10 of the Billboard Hot 100. Thicke’s mother, soap star and singer Gloria Loring, hit #2 on the charts in 1986 with “Friends and Lovers” (a duet with Carl Anderson).
Congrats to Mr. Thicke! Must be a pretty cool thing to accomplish, but he clearly comes from a talented family. If you didn’t already know this, his father is actor Alan Thicke, famously known for his role on the sitcom Growing Pains. He also wrote and sang many TV theme songs back in the 80s, including Diff’rent Strokes.
What’s New On JAMZ
- Frank Ocean, Diplo & The Clash Collaborate on New Track ‘Hero’
- Justin Bieber’s Wink at the End of His Deposition Could Tear This World Asunder
- Lily Allen Reveals ‘Sheezus’ Release Date, New Song ‘Our Time’
- Swedish House Mafia’s Steve Angello to Give Away His Size Records Catalog for Free
- Hot Right Now: Are Selena Gomez And Justin Bieber Back Together?
- Pharrell and United Nations Foundation Team Up for International Day of Happiness 2014
- Ke$ha Is Feeling Better and Ready to Make Music
- Musicians + Sports: American Authors on Baseball, the Red Sox and Kanye West’s Aquatic Calling
- Win A Gift Certificate For ‘Antojito’s Authenic Mexican Food’ At Universal CityWalk ®
- [PHOTOS] 1019 AMP Radio Switch Party With Rixton