Robin Thicke is on his way to becoming a household name. His current single, “Blurred Lines,” is the biggest hit of his career and a global smash. It is currently #6 on the U.S. Billboard Hot 100, while sitting at #1 or #2 in many countries around the world. Now Mr. Thicke has made history on the charts.
Thicke becomes the first male artist to have a Top 10 single on the Hot 100 following a mother who has done the same. According to Gary Trust, Billboard’s Associate Director of Charts/Radio, in his Ask Billboard feature on the site, there have been daughters who have followed their mothers or fathers, and sons who have followed their fathers, but no other sons who have followed their mothers to the top 10 of the Billboard Hot 100. Thicke’s mother, soap star and singer Gloria Loring, hit #2 on the charts in 1986 with “Friends and Lovers” (a duet with Carl Anderson).
Congrats to Mr. Thicke! Must be a pretty cool thing to accomplish, but he clearly comes from a talented family. If you didn’t already know this, his father is actor Alan Thicke, famously known for his role on the sitcom Growing Pains. He also wrote and sang many TV theme songs back in the 80s, including Diff’rent Strokes.
What’s New On JAMZ
- Beat My Tweet To Win Tickets To See ‘Deadpool’
- Play What’s in Jill’s Purse To Win A $75 Gift Card To Jesse’s Girl Boulevard Boutique
- Listen To Win Tickets To R5, Sound Check Party & Meet ‘N Greets!
- Win Tickets To See The Rock Hard Male Revue
- 1019 AMP Radio “What’s Your Status” Party At 180 Skytop Lounge
- Bruno Mars to Join Coldplay for Super Bowl Halftime Show
- Meek Mill Gets 90 Days of House Arrest
- Register To Win Tickets To See ‘Pride And Prejudice And Zombies’
- Listen All Weekend To Win Tickets To See ‘Pride And Prejudice And Zombies’
- Win “Everything But The Bachelor” Every Day This Week