Robin Thicke Makes History On The Billboard Hot 100
Robin Thicke is on his way to becoming a household name. His current single, “Blurred Lines,” is the biggest hit of his career and a global smash. It is currently #6 on the U.S. Billboard Hot 100, while sitting at #1 or #2 in many countries around the world. Now Mr. Thicke has made history on the charts.
Thicke becomes the first male artist to have a Top 10 single on the Hot 100 following a mother who has done the same. According to Gary Trust, Billboard’s Associate Director of Charts/Radio, in his Ask Billboard feature on the site, there have been daughters who have followed their mothers or fathers, and sons who have followed their fathers, but no other sons who have followed their mothers to the top 10 of the Billboard Hot 100. Thicke’s mother, soap star and singer Gloria Loring, hit #2 on the charts in 1986 with “Friends and Lovers” (a duet with Carl Anderson).
Congrats to Mr. Thicke! Must be a pretty cool thing to accomplish, but he clearly comes from a talented family. If you didn’t already know this, his father is actor Alan Thicke, famously known for his role on the sitcom Growing Pains. He also wrote and sang many TV theme songs back in the 80s, including Diff’rent Strokes.
What’s New On JAMZ
- Drake’s Bringing Back the BlackBerry Classic
- Iggy Azalea Should Focus on Racism in Australia, Says Kreayshawn
- Kelly Clarkson Stages First Annual ‘Miracle on Broadway’ Christmas Benefit
- Every *NSYNC Member Attended Lance Bass’ Wedding Except Justin Timberlake
- T.I. and Q-Tip Discuss Iggy Azalea and Hip-Hop on Twitter, Azealia Banks Not Impressed
- Kanye West, Kim Kardashian Lock Lips for Balmain Campaign
- Madonna ‘Hasn’t Slept in a Week’ Since Demo Leak
- Watch Harry Styles Channel Patrick Swayze For a Little ‘Dirty Dancing’ With Kristen Wiig
- Hackers Threaten to Release Iggy Azalea Sex Tape If She Doesn’t Apologize to Azealia Banks
- One Direction Perform ‘Night Changes’ & ‘Ready to Run’ on ‘Saturday Night Live': Watch