It’s graduation season, which means all sorts of 18 and 22-year-olds with their hand out, waiting for you to give them a few bucks. So, do you give a gift and if so, what’s the appropriate amount?
How much are people giving out for graduation gifts these days? An online coupon site called RetailMeNot.com asked people the appropriate amount to give. Here are the results posted on the Wall Street Journal:
High school graduation- $111
Graduate school graduation-$256
The survey also found the average undergrad now finishes school with around $14,000 in debt.
See Whats New On JAMZ!
- Girl Needs Emergency Surgery From Hair Tie On Wrist
- Cyber Monday Music Deals—From Taylor Swift to Queen, Save on CDs
- Adam Lambert Counters Anti-Gay Petition
- Listen to Sia’s New Track ‘One Million Bullets’
- Drake on Adele’s ‘Hotline Bling’ Remix Offer: “I’ll Do Anything with Adele”
- Erykah Badu Shades Iggy Azalea at Soul Train Music Awards: “What You’re Doing Is Definitely Not Rap”
- Chris Brown Pledges to Donate Portion of ‘Royalty’ Pre-Orders for Christmas
- Reality Check For 11/30/15: Adele Shatters Record, Cyber Monday Vs Black Friday, Celeb Baby Bump
- Register To Win Tickets To See Star Wars: The Force Awakens
- Beat My Tweet To Win Tickets To See Jack & Jack With Daya