Yesterday afternoon, at 2:56 P.M. CT, a tornado touched down in Moore, Oklahoma, a city just south of Oklahoma City. This was not a normal tornado. This tornado was two miles wide and its winds were up to 200 miles-per-hour. It was on the ground for 12 miles in distance, destroying every building in its path, including an elementary school with children inside.
As of the latest reports, 91 people are dead, including at least 20 children and 100+ people are in the hospital.
So, the question people are asking is, “How can I help?” It’s very quick and very easy. Simply text redcross to 90999 and a $10 donation will be made to the Red Cross and will show up on your next cell phone bill.
You can also donate to the Red Cross online by clicking here or by calling 1-800-RED-CROSS.
Before donating, always be sure to follow the “3 C’s”:
CASH – Financial gifts are the best way to immediately help survivors. Donate to an established relief organization. For a complete list of established relief organizations, visit: www.nvoad.org/members.
CONFIRM – A community hit by disaster does not have the time, staffing or money to dispose of unneeded donations. Confirm any and all donations are needed before sending.
CONNECT – Volunteers are a critical part of disaster response and recovery, but it is important to get connected to an established relief organization before traveling to impacted areas to help.
If you have a family member or friend in the area where the tornado hit and you haven’t been able to contact them, you can check on their safety through the Red Cross Safe & Well Site here.
-Jay Edwards/ MIX 105.1-
See what’s new on JAMZ!
- Britney Spears Joins James Corden For Some Carpool Karaoke
- Kanye West Talks Saint Pablo Tour Production Design
- Drake Announces New Short Film ‘Please Forgive Me’
- Shawn Mendes Addresses Fans after Controversial Interview
- Kevin Bacon Raids Britney Spears’ Wardrobe for Apple Ad
- Usher Announces New Album ‘Hard II Love’ Shares New Song ‘Missin U’
- Katy Perry Releases ‘Rise’ Remixes
- Carly Rae Jepsen Releases Surprise ‘Side B’ of ‘Emotion’ Album
- Kanye West Amazes Audience with Floating Stage
- LCD Soundsystem Cancel Tour to Work on New Music