Daft Punk Gets Pizza-Parodied In ‘Random Ass Memories’ Video
Daft Punk mania has reached the comedy circuit.
With the French dance music duo releasing a series of “Collaborators” videos featuring the likes of Pharrell Williams and Nile Rodgers leading up to the much-anticipated May 21 arrival of their new album, the reverential clips have been comically parodied by the “Funny or Die” collective.
“Daft Punk & Andrew the Pizza Guy” emulates the style and feel of the “Collaborators” videos, only instead of musicians waxing poetic about working with the dance robots, it’s a pizza delivery man talking about feeding them during the process.
“Every now and then, some people come along and make an album that will change the world forever,” states the pizza guy, played by actor Eugene Cordero in the clip subtitled “Random Ass Memories,” a play on Random Access Memories, the title of the forthcoming Daft Punk release. “Somebody needs to serve those people some pizza.”
The clip also features an appearance by Gary Richards, founder of the popular HARD festivals and events, as well as an artist, often performing as DJ Destructo.
See what’s up on JAMZ!
- Sisqo Returns with Waka Flocka Flame: Listen to ‘A-List’
- James Blake Drops Weird New Track ‘200 Press’
- Riff Raff Offers His Take On Nicki Minaj’s ‘Anaconda': Listen
- Diplo Recounts Getting ‘Super Weird’ With Madonna in the Studio Recording Her New Album
- Kid Cudi: What’s Lupe Fiasco Doing with the Money from His Personalized Verses?
- Chris Brown is Moving On in New Song ‘X': Listen
- Juicy J, Nicki Minaj, Young Thug & Lil Bibby Party It Up in ‘Low’ Video: Watch
- The Real Reason Mariah Carey And Nick Cannon Are Separated
- Jeremiah’s Italian Ice Visits 101.9 AMP RADIO
- Score Tickets To Rock Hard Male Revue Every Day With Jill!