102 JAMZ Hook Up #3 starring Flo Rida is guaranteed to be huge! If you don’t have your tickets yet, click here to pick them up or find out how you could win them from 102 JAMZ. But how much do you really know about Hook Up #3 headliner Flo Rida?
We’re taking a look at 10 things you might not know about Sunshine State native Flo Rida.
1. His real name is Tramar Lacel Dillard
2. He was born on December 16, 1979 in Carol City, FL, a suburb of Miami.
3. After graduating high school in 1998, he studied international business management for a short time before turning his attentions fully to music.
4. His first musical involvement started when he was in 9th grade when he became a member of the GroundHoggz, a group made up of guys who lived in his apartment complex. They stayed together for 8 years.
5. In 2006 he signed with Poe Boy Entertainment and took on the name Flo Rida.
6. A promotional street single called “Birthday,” featuring Rick Ross, was his first big release.
7. He made his debut guest appearance on DJ Khaled’s We The Best.
8. His first big single, “Low,” reached #1 on the Billboard Hot 100 charts and was also used in the movie Step Up 2: The Streets.
9. “Wild Ones” was his fifth top 5 hit on the Billboard Hot 100 charts.
10. Flo Rida has created Big Dreams For Kids Foundation and the Florida Youth Football League (FYFL), two non-profit organizations dedicated to improving the lives of inner-city, underprivileged youth through education, team sports, family enrichment and support.