10 Things You Might Not Know About Lady Gaga’s Gold Wheelchair
Unless you’ve been living under a pop culture rock recently, it’s probably old news to you that Lady Gaga is now sporting a gold plated wheelchair while recovering from hip surgery.
Now, thanks to some in depth digging by The Daily Beast, we have more details on Mama M’s new transportation device.
— Lopa. ▲ϟ†♘♥ ║▌│║▌║│ (@LopaGagaKILLS) March 12, 2013
1. The chair is not actually made of gold, but rather covered in gold, aka gold plated, with 24k gold.
2. Even the spokes on the wheelchair are gold plated.
3. The chair was designed by jewelry designer Ken Borochov with only a week’s notice.
4. Tufted leather and a removable canopy are also signature elements of the wheelchair.
5. While the gold plating (1.5 ounces) was put on in Dallas, the chair was actually assembled in Madison, Wisconsin at Regal Roadsters.
6. Borochov’s other celebrity clients include Kanye West and Nicki Minaj.
7. The amount of gold plated to the chair is worth approximately $2,600.
8. The wheelchair lacks the modern conveniences such as electrically powered navigation.
9. It is not certain whether or not Gaga will actually use it to get around.
10. Celebrity photographer Terry Richardson shot the first photo of Gaga sitting in her chair and posted it to his website.
— HANANYA BOROCHOV (@KENBOROCHOV) March 12, 2013