Katy Perry Ready To Release New Song, Wants A Vacation
This year’s been a busy one for Katy Perry. She released a deluxe version of her album, Teenage Dream, toured non-stop, dealt with a very public divorce to Russell Brand and is getting ready to release her first 3D concert movie, Katy Perry: Part of Me. So it’s no surprise that the singer would be looking for a break.
Last week, Perry accepted the award for Artist of the Year at the 2012 NARM Music Business Association Awards and said she “loves working so hard. It’s really fun. I love reaching my goals.” But the singer, who says she’s going through a “goth phase,” admitted that she needed a “f***ing vacation.” Something Perry says she’ll finally get after the release of her new single “Wide Awake” later this month. Perry plans to perform the song for the first time at the Billboard Music Awards, which airs live this Sunday.
The mid-tempo jam was written exclusively for her upcoming movie, which will be out July 5. It’s the second single off of Perry’s Teenage Dream: The Complete Confection, which was released in March.
Its first single (and the movie’s namesake), “Part of Me,” made records when it debuted at number one on the Billboard Hot 100. The single person’s anthem became only the 20th track in the chart’s 53-year history to debut in the top spot, according to Billboard.
“I have to say that I do a lot to sell my records,” she said in her speech. “I do the right things… I work very hard! I like to sell out in all the best ways.”
The NARM Music Awards is an annual music business event that celebrates those artists in the industry who help advance the promotion, distribution and sale of music and entertainment.
- Shannon Carlin, CBS Local
See what’s up on JAMZ!
- Get Ultra Fit For Ultra Music Festival
- Reality Check For 3/6/15: Harrison Ford Plane Crash, Kim Kardashians a BLONDE!, New Rihanna Song [VIDEO]
- Enter To Win Four Three-Day Tickets To Ultra Music Festival
- Harrison Ford in Critical Condition after Plane Crash
- Pharrell, Lorde, John Legend Parodied in the Funniest Bar Mitzvah Video of All Time: Watch
- Rihanna Teases New Song ‘Higher’ On Instagram: Listen
- The 6 Creepiest Characters Played By Anthony Hopkins
- ‘House of Cards’ Becomes a Sitcom in This Hilarious Parody
- It Cost $6.9 Million to Make ‘Blurred Lines’ a Hit, Here’s How
- The Clue that Lady Gaga Was Coming to American Horror Story