Katy Perry Ready To Release New Song, Wants A Vacation
This year’s been a busy one for Katy Perry. She released a deluxe version of her album, Teenage Dream, toured non-stop, dealt with a very public divorce to Russell Brand and is getting ready to release her first 3D concert movie, Katy Perry: Part of Me. So it’s no surprise that the singer would be looking for a break.
Last week, Perry accepted the award for Artist of the Year at the 2012 NARM Music Business Association Awards and said she “loves working so hard. It’s really fun. I love reaching my goals.” But the singer, who says she’s going through a “goth phase,” admitted that she needed a “f***ing vacation.” Something Perry says she’ll finally get after the release of her new single “Wide Awake” later this month. Perry plans to perform the song for the first time at the Billboard Music Awards, which airs live this Sunday.
The mid-tempo jam was written exclusively for her upcoming movie, which will be out July 5. It’s the second single off of Perry’s Teenage Dream: The Complete Confection, which was released in March.
Its first single (and the movie’s namesake), “Part of Me,” made records when it debuted at number one on the Billboard Hot 100. The single person’s anthem became only the 20th track in the chart’s 53-year history to debut in the top spot, according to Billboard.
“I have to say that I do a lot to sell my records,” she said in her speech. “I do the right things… I work very hard! I like to sell out in all the best ways.”
The NARM Music Awards is an annual music business event that celebrates those artists in the industry who help advance the promotion, distribution and sale of music and entertainment.
- Shannon Carlin, CBS Local
See what’s up on JAMZ!
- First Times: Nick Jonas
- Meet One Direction’s New Member Ray
- Rihanna’s New ‘Rogue’ Fragrance Meant to Smell Like Falling in Love
- Fifth Harmony Are On Their Silhouette Game in ‘Sledgehammer’ Video: Watch
- Fifth Harmony’s Normani Chats With Dustin About “Threading,” Reflection, And Upcoming Tour
- Macklemore Marched in Seattle with Ferguson Protesters: Watch
- Dej Loaf Debuts ‘Try Me’ With Help From The Roots on ‘Tonight Show': Watch
- Ariana Grande’s Sexy Act is ‘Ridiculous,’ According to Bette Midler
- Killer Mike Breaks Down on Stage In St. Louis After Ferguson Decision: ‘Riots Are Only the Language of the Unheard’
- Ferguson Verdict: Darren Wilson Not Charged, Musicians React on Social Media